User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-13-2014, 11:27 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Very likely. She's not getting something she's demanding, so she's withholding her participation until her requests are fulfilled. But the big question is, what are those requests? Is she worried about the oversaturation of the Mac with these back to back oldies tours? Does she want to break and promote her new solo album? Does she want time to go write some new material to bring to the band after hearing what Chris & Lindsey have come up with? Is the issue of producers looming large again?
does she want a bigger cut
Old 10-13-2014, 11:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
This according to Mick at a meet and greet. So Stevie only wanted Christine back to tour? She hates Lindsey that much? Well count me as someone seriously disappointed in her.
Be disappointed with Fleetwood Mac and not Stevie...If Stevie chooses to not be involved in recording with FM that's her choice it's also the band's choice to allow her non participation with a new record to continue...If FM really wanted to put new music out then they would issue Stevie an ultimatum "We are recording a new record and if you don't want to be a part of that then you are no longer in the band" (it's not like it would be the first time FM had a personnel change ) and they would also be in the studio right now and not out on another cash cow oldies tour. It's clear that FM would rather rake in the cash instead of taking a stand and dealing with the problem (Stevie not recording) than being productive (albeit a different incarnation) and moving the band forwards with new product.
Old 10-13-2014, 11:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethelblues View Post
Didn't she get Lindsey to work on Soldier's Angel and said that was a great experience? Unless that was all pr...
Yes but that was on Stevie's terms and in her own house...Stevie had the final say on what happened...
Old 10-13-2014, 11:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Is she being denied her choice of producers for her own songs? Or is she demanding the entire album be produced by her choice of producer? The latter could be tricky, given how Lindsey & Christine's songs are apparently finished.
I wouldn't be surprised if she wants Dave for her songs, but I doubt she's that worried about the other tracks.

Quote:
Or is Stevie not liking what she's heard from Lindsey & Christine's sessions? Maybe she's demanding a reboot?
I don't think this is it either. Didn't Stevie say in a recent interview that she hasn't heard their material yet?

Quote:
Perhaps she's pulling a Lindsey- demanding time for her solo career after these consecutive Mac tours?
I can certainly see her wanting to get in a tour for 24KG, perhaps in the second half of 2015, but that wouldn't have to stop her from participating in a Mac album next year too, not after the way she pulled 24KG together in a flash.
Old 10-13-2014, 12:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

These old farts are so dramatic and over the top about everything. I could see ANY of the reasons already listed being reasons that she would be holding out.

Or maybe she's still pissed about "Stand Back" getting banned from the setlist this year. I say that half in jest, but I could totally see that having been a huge fight during rehearsals.
Old 10-13-2014, 12:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This is nothing new...Stevie's been holding the "touring revenue" over the boys heads for years...They wont stand up to Stevie for fear of losing the "cash cow" tours...
Old 10-13-2014, 12:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInNV View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if she wants Dave for her songs, but I doubt she's that worried about the other tracks.

I would hope Lindsey and Mick stand up to Stevie and tell her under no circumstances would they allow Dave Stewart to co produce a fleetwood mac cd. It would be horrible to have his crappy bubble gum sound on their cd. His sound is way too different than the Mac's sound and would take it in a direction I pray Lindsey would never accept.

The Mac members have all made enough money off this tour to last them the rest of their lives, they should not have to bend over for Stevie and Dave. Kick them both to the curb.

Hopefully she is just holding out for more money.

She looks like a sweet little lamb from afar, but when you get close, you find out that she skinned and ate the darn thing just to use it as a coat. She's a beast.
Old 10-13-2014, 12:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
Be disappointed with Fleetwood Mac and not Stevie...If Stevie chooses to not be involved in recording with FM that's her choice it's also the band's choice to allow her non participation with a new record to continue...If FM really wanted to put new music out then they would issue Stevie an ultimatum "We are recording a new record and if you don't want to be a part of that then you are no longer in the band" (it's not like it would be the first time FM had a personnel change ) and they would also be in the studio right now and not out on another cash cow oldies tour. It's clear that FM would rather rake in the cash instead of taking a stand and dealing with the problem (Stevie not recording) than being productive (albeit a different incarnation) and moving the band forwards with new product.
This is why there will never be another personnel change in FM. No other line up will be accepted enough by the public to earn the kind of money this one does (sad but true, unless they change their mind about priorities but they won't).

John

Last edited by wetcamelfood; 10-13-2014 at 03:54 PM..
Old 10-13-2014, 01:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
This honestly does not come as a surprise to me. I wonder what her reservations are?

Is she being denied her choice of producers for her own songs? Or is she demanding the entire album be produced by her choice of producer? The latter could be tricky, given how Lindsey & Christine's songs are apparently finished.

Or is Stevie not liking what she's heard from Lindsey & Christine's sessions? Maybe she's demanding a reboot?
I doubt that Stevie has even heard Lindsey and Christine's sessions yet. It's been clear that she hadn't agreed to a new album all along, so it's not a surprise.

When those new 2015 dates came out, I couldn't see how a new album could be fit in. No matter what they hope and dream, I don't see them working on an album after this tour. The only thing I wished was that they could do an album between tour segments, but now that 2015 will start so soon, that hope was dashed too.

The only way there will be an album is if Lindsey and Christine record without Stevie. Since they will already have made lots of tour money in 2014-2015, I don't see what they could lose by recording without her at this point. They won't lose money and I doubt they will lose critical acclaim. They will lose some album sales without Stevie, but this wasn't going to be a block buster album anyway. If they care anything about expressing themselves creatively, they'd just put an album out without her. They disappoint me by not doing so.

Michele
Old 10-13-2014, 01:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If that is true (and my sneaking suspicion tells me it is), count me as very disappointed too. At this point, as much as it pains me, I'd rather them just do the album without her. It would be a shame if we never got to hear the new stuff that Chris and Lindsey wrote due to Stevie being ridiculously bullheaded.
Old 10-13-2014, 01:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie may have a point. I agree with her when she had qualms with Lindsey's production on Say You Will. He killed some of the songs on that album with overproduction: Bleed to Love Her, Say Goodbye, even Red Rover. Sometimes another producer/sound engineer, whoever that may be, is a good thing and gets a discussion going. Get Pharrell from The Voice, Stevie, I hear he's a huge fan...he'll get you on the radio again and modernize your sound...lol. Also what is their objective? Do they want to sound adult contemporary/easy listening? Do they want a concept for the album and songs that support that...or will this just be accumulated songs? Even as the industry has moved away from albums, a single concept works better and gets everyone in the band in the same mindset, if that is even possible with FM. Stevie in the studio has made great contributions, adding her vocals, lyric suggestions, The Chain.

Also Stevie might be holding up because she's scared the album sales will reflect poorly on the band. How did the EP do last year? I think this is weighing on her mind, as she has commented publicly on her sales for In Your Dreams and not being too thrilled about it. She may also honestly not have songs ready that are good enough. When was the last time she wrote something of a high caliber that wasn't from the vault and Lindsey won't roll his eyes when he hears (e.g. Moonlight or Annabel Lee)?
Old 10-13-2014, 01:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I say finish the current tour with Stevie and then let her go and do her own thing...tour 24K or do whatever...

...and bring in Sheryl Crow in her place!!!!
Old 10-13-2014, 01:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I doubt that Stevie has even heard Lindsey and Christine's sessions yet. It's been clear that she hadn't agreed to a new album all along, so it's not a surprise.

When those new 2015 dates came out, I couldn't see how a new album could be fit in. No matter what they hope and dream, I don't see them working on an album after this tour. The only thing I wished was that they could do an album between tour segments, but now that 2015 will start so soon, that hope was dashed too.

The only way there will be an album is if Lindsey and Christine record without Stevie. Since they will already have made lots of tour money in 2014-2015, I don't see what they could lose by recording without her at this point. They won't lose money and I doubt they will lose critical acclaim. They will lose some album sales without Stevie, but this wasn't going to be a block buster album anyway. If they care anything about expressing themselves creatively, they'd just put an album out without her. They disappoint me by not doing so.

Michele
Would WB even be interested in a "Stevie-less" FM? But then that might be in the band's best interest as any number of smaller labels would be thrilled to sign them even without Stevie and a smaller label would probably give them better promotion.
Old 10-13-2014, 01:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

And this is exactly why I didn't buy 24 Karat Gold. I got into the Mac in 1997 as a young boy after seeing the special on MTV and immediately went and bought all the albums past 1975 up to that point (yes, even Time). I've been waiting for a full-on Fleetwood Mac album for well over 15 years at this point. Say You Will was a good album but let's face it, it was a Buckingham Nicks joint with some excellent rhythm sections.

We deserve a final album and until then, I'm not buying Stevie's scraps (even though I bought In Your Dreams). She either needs to put up or shut up. I got tired of reading of her "boys club" Mac stories and now she has no excuse not to participate. It's (more than likely) one final album. Just get it the hell over with so you can retire peacefully into the sunset with the rest of the band.

Does she really want to be known as the reason there was never another Mac record? That can't exactly look good for her, especially after the (what can only be called a) miracle of Christine's return.
Old 10-13-2014, 01:19 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
This according to Mick at a meet and greet. So Stevie only wanted Christine back to tour? She hates Lindsey that much? Well count me as someone seriously disappointed in her.
were you there ? or did this come from your best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend who heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with a girl who works at 31 Flavors ?