Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-01-2009, 10:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

“Oh!” I exclaimed, sudden and joyful. “You mean COCAINE!”

The entire carriage went silent. I did not get the cocaine. I did get to keep the balloon, though.

Amazingly, I was also, finally, offered the naughtiest drug of all — heroin — although the circumstances were not how I thought they would be at all. I’d always fancied that it would occur in some velvet-swagged hotel room, proffered by some hair-swagged rock star, and that somehow I would have turned into beautiful Stevie Nicks by that point.

In fact, it happened in a horrible pub in Camden, was presented by a member of a certain boy band who were a bit like the Showaddywaddy of Britpop, and I was still, very much, just me.

“I’ve just found a wrap on the floor in the toilets,” the bloke said, handing me a frankly filthy paper packet. “I think it’s smack. You can have it if you want.” And then, remembering that I was a journalist: “And thanks for all your support!”

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/com...enComment=true
Old 11-02-2009, 09:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Last night I kicked in my Stevie Nicks "Timespace" greatest hits CD and caught a little rockstar with "Stand Back." I woke up singing it this morning and did a little YouTube'ing and found this pearl. I'm probably going to get smacked for saying this, but I'm going to say it anyway because that's the Robby way: I love me some 3-pack-a-day, Klonipin poppin' cocaine snortin' Stevie Nicks. Not that I don't love me some clean and sober Stevie too - obviously that's a much better, desired condition. But the powder keg power of the untamed version exposes a high level of creative magic.

http://www.robbyjohnson.com/2009/11/stand-back.html
Old 11-02-2009, 08:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

anyways enough ranting, today i have mostly been listening to stevie nicks - edge of seventeen. i was watching a documentary about fleetwood mac last night, and they had this on it and it reminded me how great a song it is. the first time i became aware of stevie nicks and fleetwood mac was when i was about 15 and i used to go round to my friends house and we would sometimes listen to some of his parents old record collection., that how i first heard stevie nicks and her unique, gravelly voice.

if you don't like this song, call an ambulance because there is something seriously wrong with you and you need to get yourself checked out by a doctor. :-)

take care my friend.

http://infinitesummer.blogspot.com/2...seventeen.html
Old 11-03-2009, 02:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Sean Markey » Blog Archive » The things that get left behind
By Sean
I got to meet people I only know from the internet (Gra Linnaea, Neil Clarke), ppl my friends know (Rhiannon, who wouldn't let me call her Stevie Nicks)– got to see ppl I only get to see a few times per year (Sean Wallace, Keffy Kehrli) ...
Sean Markey - http://www.mrmarkey.com/
Old 11-03-2009, 10:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Which one would you bid for?

"We run the Melbourne Cup Day, we do the race, we have a big charity auction. This year it's raising money for the Wakatipu Youth Trust and Queenstown Primary School, assisting them with building an outdoor amphitheatre."

Twenty-three auction items went under the hammer, including a 12-month gym/swim membership at Alpine Aqualand and Lakes Leisure; a 12-month Man St car-park pass; "Fergburger" for a year; a 15,000-foot tandem skydive with NZone; a Kawarau Jet boat trip for 22 people; a signed and framed photo of Stevie Nicks with CD and Gold Hall of Fame tribute; a framed two-photo set of Al Pacino signed "Scarface"; a three-piece photo set signed by Roger Federer; a caddy bib from the Ryder Cup signed by Tiger Woods; a signed copy of The Audacity of Hope by United States President Barack Obama; a British Open 18th-hole pin flag signed by the past 23 winners; an AC/DC framed and signed full-size guitar; and a vasectomy, compliments of the Skin Institute.

http://www.odt.co.nz/your-town/queen...-and-better039
Old 11-04-2009, 07:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Bootylicious - Destiny's Child: Don't act like you didn't sing this song...in the mirror...your butt doing the Jell-O thing...all alone. Love the Stevie Nicks "At Seventeen" riff in this.

http://adventuresofanaudiodiva.blogs...r-of-band.html
Old 11-05-2009, 07:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Remember Stevie? How sexy is she singing this(Live Rhiannon from Midnight Special-1976)...lmao, someone on another site reminded me - a revisit. She is drug induced I'm sure.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!!!!
Cocaine and Helium .

Ya think!? lol
Still, she is smoking "Hot" what a voice. Kinda like when the kids refer to a wave as "Sick"....
oh, now i get why they say stevie nicks sounds like a goat.
bleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat bleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

That song (Rhiannon) is quite possibly the worst pile of **** ever committed to magnetic tape.
It's funny how people of a certain age gripe about modern female pop stars and their lack of talent, when non singers like her and a few others were such a big deal in the 70s and 80s.

If hell truly exists, I'm sure they have Fleetwood Mac playing in heavy rotation on the house PA.

http://www.nesurf.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24822
Old 11-05-2009, 08:17 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Remember Stevie? How sexy is she singing this(Live Rhiannon from Midnight Special-1976)...lmao, someone on another site reminded me - a revisit. She is drug induced I'm sure.

Cocaine and Helium .

Ya think!? lol
Still, she is smoking "Hot" what a voice. Kinda like when the kids refer to a wave as "Sick"....

That song (Rhiannon) is quite possibly the worst pile of **** ever committed to magnetic tape.
It's funny how people of a certain age gripe about modern female pop stars and their lack of talent, when non singers like her and a few others were such a big deal in the 70s and 80s.

If hell truly exists, I'm sure they have Fleetwood Mac playing in heavy rotation on the house PA.

Oh man. That's pretty bad. To each their own, though, I guess.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Old 11-05-2009, 08:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

That is awful!
Old 11-06-2009, 12:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post

Cocaine and Helium .

Ya think!? lol

Of all songs to tear apart, tear apart RHIANNON?!?!?!

I'm appalled. And confused.
Old 11-06-2009, 02:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Vogue

Mac Factor

Given that Luella is a huge fan of Stevie Nicks (she even named her daughter Stevie), it was only right the Fleetwood Mac singer should meet the designer when she was in town on tour. Despite Luella’s ardent admiration – you can certainly spot the personal style influences (sparkly pendants, blonde fringe, a penchant for gold Lurex thread) – the pair had never met before. We stole this snap of them as they finally made their introductions. Apparently, they plan to hit the flea markets together in Paris next week. Altogether now: “I want to be with you everywhere.”

06 November, 2009

http://www.vogue.co.uk/blogs/the-vog...ac-factor.aspx
Old 11-06-2009, 02:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Personally I do not see the resemblance

Har Mar Superstar stepped the stage in a flowing crimson shawl. Through the set's first few songs, which included "DUI" and "Cut Me Up" off of The Handler as well as a few cuts from his most recent full length Dark Touches, the whirling dynamo bore an uncomfortable, mesmerizing resemblance to Stevie Nicks. His backing band, which featured Jeff Quinn from local three-piece His Mischief, was dressed in all white, standing as uniform and stately as H & M mannequins.

http://blogs.citypages.com/gimmenois..._keith_and.php
Old 11-07-2009, 11:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It’s funny to me, that every time I am in crisis mode of any sort in my life…I always gravitate back to the music and poetry of Stevie Nicks. It’s like…somewhere in what she writes…I find ME…that part of me that longs, that yearns, that dreams, that WANTS to reach for me. And yet that girl…that young girl…she’s buried so deep within me that I can’t REACH her anymore. I feel myself stretching my arms to her and trying desperately to grab hold of her hands, but she won’t reach BACK to me. She just sits there…a semi-blank stare on her face. The only emotion I see there is sorrow, and she’s looking sadly at me as though I have betrayed her and she no longer trusts me. I promised her so many things throughout the course of our life, and I never made good on the promises. And now…she resents me, a little, and grieves…a lot. And she is far too fearful of more heartache to reach back to me. But she sits and listens to Stevie too. And I hear her humming…she’s still hungry…she still wants more, but she doesn’t trust ME to feed her.

http://ferociousdustbunnies.com/2009...tterly-flawed/
Old 11-08-2009, 12:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

^I just read that whole post...its so sad!
Old 11-08-2009, 12:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

^ Yes, I second that.

Check out this quote that's furthur down in that blog post:

Quote:
In my mind…I am like Stevie…twirling across that stage, draped in chiffon and lace, the free spirit, abandoning my fears, pouring my heart out, touching thousands of people, letting them know that they are LOVED…that someone cares deeply for them…singing their stories…telling the world that THEY matter. Has anyone ever written anything for you? Yes…someone has. And I hear her singing. She touches my bruised and battered heart with the gentleness of butterfly’s wing, and in that touch…I begin to heal.
I don't even know who this person is, but I kinda teared up when I read that. :/