User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-15-2009, 07:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Megan Joy Is Sparking Filmmakers’ Interest
by ladybugg on October 15, 2009

Though she made her mark on the world’s most-watched singing competition, American Idol’s Megan Joy may not be headed for the recording studio, but rather the silver screen.

The sultry, single mom with the sexy voice caught everyone’s attention during Idol’s eighth season. Immediately after her departure from the show, the internet was ablaze with the rumor that Fleetwood Mac’s Stevie Nicks had noticed Megan and wanted to anoint her to play her part in an upcoming biopic about the supergroup. (Nicks, the week before, made her thoughts crystal clear on Lindsay Lohan’s interest in the role. “Over my dead body,” the one-time queen of rock said of Lohan’s possible involvement.)

Stevie Nicks, though, isn’t the only one who has noticed Megan Joy. “From what I’ve seen, Megan doesn’t have a bad angle,” says Phoenix, Arizona indie filmmaker Jane Bell. “We’d love to work with her. I’d go so far as to say we would develop a project with her in mind. She’s stunning.”

“It’s funny. I’d never watched Idol until this season,” Bell said. “A friend called me and said ‘you’ve got to see this girl.’ As soon as we began watching her, we were hooked. So many possibilities there.”

Regarding Megan’s sleeve tattoo, Bell responded, ”To get her going in something like a festival short, we’d write the tattoo into the story, just to get her in a film, so she could get her acting feet wet. She simply has too much presence, almost a Grace Kelly kind of thing. You can’t help but gape at her.”

“We’ve tried to contact Megan,” Bell continued, “through one of her fan websites that stated they had a direct line to her, but to no avail. I know she has a myspace now. So we’ll wait until she’s off the tour, and depending on what happens with the Fleetwood Mac thing, we’ll try to get together with her in the fall. But, who knows, we might be competing with Cover Girl and L’Oreal, she’s that good-looking.”

http://www.bobmarleyshirts.net/bobma...akers-interest
Old 10-17-2009, 12:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default I don't know what the eff this is all about...

Interview Project by David Lynch is an online series of interviews with Americans from different walks of life, in various towns and cities all over America. Beginning October 20, the project will launch a community blog, incorporating Facebook, YouTube and Twitter, so fans will be able to upload their own original content.

Austin Lynch (David’s son) and a friend set out on a roadtrip across America and back to get the people’s story from everyday Americans. They covered 20,000 miles in 70 days and got stories that are notable for the fact they are real, organic and unrehearsed. Production wise, they have the unmistakable Lynch feel, you keep looking for something that may be hidden. I watched 4 of the interviews and enjoyed spotting the Lynch symbols – close ups of flowers, bird chirps, etc. It will be fun to get to see how the conversations flow once the blog opens up a richer dialogue.

The blog launch will coincide with the premiere of the Clinton interview, a Fayetteville, WV man who finds salvation through a Stevie Nicks concert. For laughs, check out Lynch below NSFW (language) talking about watching movies on iPhones.

http://networking.seadvd.com/david-l...unches-oct-20/
Old 10-17-2009, 07:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Best Earthquake Stories
\
Earthquake stories are like first love stories: Everyone's got one, but they always tend to be interesting anyway.

What were you doing at 5:04 pm 20 years ago?

I was just out of the shower, in my underwear, and seconds later I was climbing down the fire escape of my building. I was getting ready to go to a Stevie Nicks concert at either Shoreline or Concord -- Concord, I think -- and kept thinking I still had to go.

I walked outside, past a lady who was, I guess, about 60 -- a full generation older -- and we just looked at each other and started laughing. It was a moment that brought everybody together, because in those moments everybody, absolutely everybody, was thinking about the exact same thing.

You got an earthquake story? Is yours any good? So-so? Let's hear it.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/...entry_id=49803
Old 10-18-2009, 02:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Country singer Peck sings in front of hometown crowd

October 18, 2009

The former Coshocton County resident filled up Secrest Auditorium and sung hits like "Findin' A Good Man," "Isn't That Everything" and "I Don't," that made her a star.

The last time Peck, a River View High School graduate, was last home was Christmas, but she hasn't performed anywhere around Coshocton since she was a teenager playing bars, festivals and fairs.

Coming back into town brought back memories for Peck, 31, who now spends most of her time recording in Nashville and on tour.

"I went to the (Colony Square) mall and it brought back memories," Peck said. "That's where I got my ears pierced. And we went past Adornetto's where I went on my first date when I was 16. And I remember going to see "Titanic" when it first came out over here. Zanesville's been a pretty big part of my life. It's where we would come to go shopping, out to eat, do everything."

Her performance included cover tracks like Stevie Nicks' "Landslide" and Tom Petty's "Won't Back Down."

"All my family is here," Peck said. "I'm going to spend a day or two in Coshocton and everyone else is going back (to Nashville). The bus is leaving me."

http://www.zanesvilletimesrecorder.c...910180302/1002
Old 10-18-2009, 05:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default speaking of ai...

Brooke White, who was on the American Idol show, just released a 5 set live recording and features "Rhiannon" the "slow version" on the set.. you can check it out on Itunes.. very nice slow piano version of "Rhiannon"... i continue to be surprised at the talent that comes from Ai... Kelly, Carrie, Daughtry, Jennifer, Kellie, and now.. Brooke.. maybe I should watch next time...

very nice Rhiannon...
Old 10-19-2009, 05:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie Nicks!

"Stevie Nicks!" Shouted a forth grade boy to another forth grade boy.
"I'm not Stevie Nicks, you are!" Said the other boy.
"Why are you calling each other Stevie Nicks?" I asked.
"Because he sounds like Stevie Nicks." Said the boy.
"She 'Stevie Nicks' has a good voice." I said.
"Stevie Nicks is a girl?" Asked a student.
"Hahahaha you sound like a girl." Said the boy.

http://marvelousmisadventure.blogspot.com/
Old 10-21-2009, 09:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default A Ledgie must've created this web page

Stevie Nicks
By Signe Kassowon October 21, 2009in Featured and People.
0Has been considered as the The Reigning Queen of Rock and Roll by The Rolling Stone Magazine and The ultimate flower-child/rock-fairy by Hilary Alexander. With the comeback of Fleetwood Mac follows the style-icon Stevie Nicks. And it seems like she’s already influenced designers like John Galliano’s Autumn/Winter 09-10 collection with her medieval look.

CLICK ON LINK TO VIEW MANY NICE PHOTOS OF STEVIE

http://wunderbuzz.co.uk/people/stevie-nicks/
Old 10-23-2009, 05:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default click on the link to see this creepy lookin' guy

Gentleman Reg To Release New EP In Stages
10/23/09 4:44pm

by Kate Harper (CHARTattack)

Gentleman Reg will release a new EP dubbed Heavy Head with individual songs coming out in staggered sets beforehand.

The first two tracks, which are covers of Chris Isaak's "Wicked Game" and Stevie Nicks' "Wild Heart," will come out Nov. 10. The next two songs, which are B-sides, will be out the following week, and remixes of Jet Black's "We're In A Thunderstorm" and "How We Exit" will be the final tracks released on Nov. 24. The entire EP will be put out in one package on Dec. 1 through Arts & Crafts.

Any fans that attend Reg's upcoming shows with The Hidden Cameras beginning Oct. 29 and concluding Dec. 5 will be able to buy a limited edition download card that will give them the opportunity to get Heavy Head in advance.

You can check out Reg's videos for "How We Exit" here, while the video for "Rewind" is here.

Here are Gentleman Reg's upcoming tour dates with The Hidden Cameras:

Oct. 29 Ottawa, ON @ Babylon
Oct. 30 Kingston, ON @ The Grad Club at Queen's University
Oct. 31 Montreal, QC @ Il Motore
Nov. 1 Cambridge, MA @ Brattle Theater
Nov. 2 Northampton, MA @ Iron Horse
Nov. 4 New York, NY @ Le Poisson Rouge
Nov. 5 Philadelphia, PA @ Johnny Brenda's
Nov. 6 Brooklyn, NY @ Union Hall
Nov. 8 Chapel Hill, NC @ Local 506
Nov. 10 Atlanta, GA @ The Earl
Nov. 12 New Orleans, LA @ The Parish
Nov. 13 Denton, TX @ Hailey's
Nov. 14 Austin, TX @ Emo's
Nov. 17 San Diego, CA @ The Casbah
Nov. 18 Los Angeles, CA @ Spaceland
Nov. 19 San Francisco, CA @ Bottom Of The Hill
Nov. 21 Portland, OR @ Doug Fir Lounge
Nov. 23 Seattle, WA @ Triple Door
Nov. 24 Victoria, BC @ Alix Goolden Hall
Nov. 25 Vancouver, BC @ Biltmore Cabaret
Nov. 27 Edmonton, AB @ Avenue Theatre
Nov. 28 Calgary, AB @ Broken City Social Club
Nov. 29 Saskatoon, SK @ Amigos Cantina
Nov. 30 Winnipeg, MB @ Royal Albert Arms
Dec. 2 Minneapolis, MN @ 7th Street Entry
Dec. 3 Chicago, IL @ Empty Bottle
Dec. 5 Toronto, ON @ The Opera House

Here are the tracks on Heavy Head:

Covers — Nov. 10:
"Wicked Game"
"Wild Heart"

B-Sides — Nov. 17:
"Justified" (with Owen Pallett)
"Take It All Back"

Remixes — Nov. 24:
"We're In A Thunderstorm" (Charlie Don't Surf remix)
"How We Exit" (Jim Guthrie remix)

http://www.chartattack.com/news/7600...w-ep-in-stages
Old 10-25-2009, 08:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Scary songs
Oct 24th, 2009 | By Ian Poulton | Category: Personal Columns

Watching Stevie Nicks sing Rhiannon on a 1976 recording, an old insecurity resurfaced: the sense that there was a sophisticated and streetwise world out there that was forever beyond the understanding of a hickey kid from nowhere. The insecurity even got a name a few years ago, in our house, it became called ‘Midnight Train to Georgia Syndrome’.

The great soul singer, Gladys Knight sang Midnight Train to Georgia in 1973, it made it to No 1 in the US charts. It told of a man who had gone to Los Angeles in search of fame and fortune, but his dreams hadn’t come true and he was returning to the rural life of the Deep South from which he had come. The opening lines of the song go like this:

L.A. proved too much for the man
So he’s leavin’ the life he’s come to know
He said he’s goin’ back to find what’s left of his world
The world he left behind not so long ago
He’s leavin’ on that midnight train to Georgia
Said he’s goin’ back to find the simpler place and time.

Stevie Nicks became emblematic of a world that was too much for a teenager who struggled to understand the culture beyond his native West Country. In a year dropped out of college, a Fleetwood Mac album that has long since disappeared was played again and again on an old mono record player left by housemates who had gone to India. The side on which Rhiannon appeared must have been nearly worn away by the heavy stylus’ repeated circuits of the vinyl. It wasn’t even the lyrics, the song could have been sung in a foreign language and it would have made no difference, it was the sound of the guitars and Nicks’ voice that combined to become eerily haunting.

Haunting things are a problem, they defy articulation, they defy definition. If it was possible to explain why certain things evoked certain thoughts, then they would lose their power. The opening bars of the song hit the pit of the stomach; in the way that some anthems can make the hairs on the back of one’s neck stand on end, so some songs seem to have a physical quality about them.

Perhaps an analyst would suggest some deep unresolved problem, not that one would talk to a doctor about 1970s music, but there was a sudden impulse to find Gladys Knight, to escape whatever dark shadows there are in the winding corridors of the subconscious.

Maybe it would be better to go to the toilets when they do that song at the concert tonight.

Nostalgia is not always good for you.

http://www.forthefainthearted.com/20...4/scary-songs/

“Remember, in the grand scheme of things, what we do for a living is not very important. After all, we’re not curing cancer here.” - John McVie
http://goldduststevie.tumblr.com/
Old 10-25-2009, 10:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Things Learned About Stevie Nicks After Visiting Her Official Website
By Jess McGuire on October 26, 2009 at 1:07 PM

Don’t think that I’ve calmed down when it comes to my Stevie Nicks obsession just because I’ve travelled half-way around world and can’t stop listening to Miike Snow repeatedly, oh no. I still plan on making Stevie adopt me when she comes to Australia, and my new life goal is to organise a successful Fleetwood Mac tribute night (an aside: Darren Hayes, The Drones, Kylie Minogue, Eddy Current Suppression Ring – get in touch!)

I thought I’d go and frolic through Stevie’s official website, and look what I found – an ‘Ask Stevie’ section! The most recent question answered is in regards to Sheryl Crow’s breast cancer diagnosis which makes me think it may not be the most up to date list of Nicks-answered queries, but whatever. I have perused the 145 questions and answers, and here are some things I happened to learn about the divine Miss N.

STEVIE HAS A WINNING SPIRIT!
When asked what she thought got her through the difficult times, Stevie answered “I don’t like to lose, and that winning spirit has taken me thru most of my difficult times.” Top that, Anthony Robbins. Also, it’s interesting to note that Stevie spells “through” as “thru”. I am considering adopting this spelling as a tribute to her even though in the past it’s something that has made me feel a bit punchy.

STEVIE LOVES TO SLOW DANCE!
Says Stevie “I like to slow dance whenever possible, I even slow dance by myself during my solo shows!” I am considering taking up solo slow dancing as a tribute to her even though in the past it’s something that has made me feel a bit like a dick.

STEVIE FINDS AMERICAN IDOL HILARIOUS!
Stevie admits “I do watch it sometimes, I think it’s very funny, and if I was a judge I would be Simon Cowell!

GOODY STEVIE THINKS MYSPAZZ IS THE DEVIL!
“I think they are evil. Seriously, I think myspace.com has the potential to be a very dangerous site.” I am considering deleting my MySpazz page as a tribute to her even though in the past it’s something that has led to really **** bands I don’t care about thoughtfully wishing me a happy birthday on the 7th March.

STEVIE’S TASTE IN TELLY AND MUSIC IS KINDA WORRYING!
Her favourite television show is Judging Amy and her favourite band is Maroon 5. I think I can deal with that. After all, she’s Stevie ****ing Nicks, she can watch and listen to whatever she damn well likes.

STEVIE WOULD BE A VERY GOOD BEAUTY PAGEANT CONTESTANT!
“If I had one wish, it would be for world peace….” reveals Stevie. I am considering cancelling my Al Quaeda membership even though in the past it’s something that has ensured I have a place to crash whenever I visit Afghanistan.

Stevie Nicks, I love you more than ever.

http://www.defamer.com.au/2009/10/th...icial-website/
Old 10-30-2009, 09:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Oct 30, 2009 | By: DYANA BAGBY

Michael Montlack loved Stevie Nicks as a gay icon long before she became an international hero to millions of gay men, including drag queens who love the scarves and the long skirts that are her signature style.

In his anthology, “My Diva,” Montlack writes about how he connected to Nicks as a gay boy seeking his true identity and how she is his “diva” — just one of 65 in the book of essays where other gay men describe their diva inspirations.

“She was like my fairy godmother,” said Montlack, professor of English at Berkeley College in New York City. “I could escape through her. She taught me how to veil myself.”

As a gay boy and a young man coming out, Montlack was not interested in musicals, for example, like other gay men. But through the lyrics, voice and style of rocker Stevie Nicks, he was able to find a connection that shaped him into the gay man he is today.

His interest in Nicks led him years ago to write a poem about her, which eventually led to an essay. Encouragement from a friend to get it published — which it was — made him realize there was a market for gay men to express their love for certain women who inspired them.

“My Diva,” which includes divas from Sappho to Princess Leia, is featured at this year’s third annual Atlanta Queer Literary Festival, slated for Nov. 4-7. A reading from the book including Montlack and other contributors is set for Nov. 5 at Outwrite Bookstore & Coffeehouse.

“When I came out, who knew she would become a gay icon,” Montlack said of Nicks.

“When I was young, I felt like I took a lot of heat because I didn’t like musicals … and I was always defending myself for liking Stevie Nicks. Now there’s the famous ‘Night of 1,000 Stevies,’” he added with a laugh.

http://www.sovo.com/2009/10-30/arts/events/10820.cfm
Old 10-30-2009, 10:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Q: I love that she came on the show and instead of playing it safe, she does something way outside of the box. Maybe that is why she is such a legend
What did she sing?
Old 10-30-2009, 10:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWILDheart View Post
What did she sing?
I don't know which article you got this quote from, but they were probably referring to the time she appeared on the Blockbuster Awards and sang Fall From Grace. Normally when she appears on TV she sings Stand Back or Landslide.
Old 10-30-2009, 12:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[This guy was captivated by the same Wild Heart footage that so many here love]

From an article on Sin Fan Bous

http://www.straight.com/article-2664...rules-clangour

Sin Fang Bous’s aesthetic is arguably similar to that of some of Beck Hansen’s work. Sigfússon says he’s a big fan of Beck’s Sea Change, but what’s really inspiring him these days is Fleetwood Mac, and some of Stevie Nicks’s solo work. “I was, like, obsessed with one thing I saw on the Internet, which was a recording of Stevie Nicks rehearsing a song called ‘Wild Heart’,” he says. “I saw it on YouTube. She’s backstage, getting her makeup done or something, and they’re playing this demo track and she’s singing along to it. I thought it sounded really cool.”

So much so, in fact, that Sigfússon plans to record his own version of the song, and he also has covers of Fleetwood Mac’s “Beautiful Child” and “Landslide” in the works. Of course, he has plenty of his own videos up on YouTube. And who knows—maybe Nicks will watch one and return the compliment.
Old 11-01-2009, 10:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Q. What music is currently on your iPod? Which musicians inspired you?

Oksana Grigorieva:
There was a composer, Alexander Scriabin… and a piece called The Poem of Ecstasy (Le Poème de l’extase). It’s a symphony piece and I think it’s so beautiful. He was kind of overshadowed by Sergei Rachmaninoff, who lived at the same time. And he died at the age of 43, from septicemia. He shaved a pimple and a few months later he was gone. It was so terrible. But I just love his music.

I really like Rachmaninoff: Symphony No. 3, The Rock. It’s one of my favourite pieces of all time. But that’s classical again. I also love Joni Mitchell, Peter Gabriel, Kate Bush and Elton John. I love Elton John. Stevie Nicks’ voice is so striking as well.

http://www.indielondon.co.uk/Music-R...ndon-interview