Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-04-2009, 02:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Curiosity killed the cat.
And she is like a cat in the dark and then she is the darkness.
Dani, I don't know how you found The Ledge, But I thank God you and Bryson did!
You are a sneaky little devil.
Old 09-04-2009, 02:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen View Post
You are a sneaky little devil.
I bet Vivica Fox would be jealous of you because you are so much better looking than she is.
Old 09-04-2009, 03:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The US band Whitehouse released their new single “Gonna Make It Up To You” on September 1st through Black Mountain Records (USA).

“Gonna Make It Up To You” is a modern and groovy pop rock-ballad. The song’s catchy chorus is sung by José Amigo and Sandy Stewart who is well known from her album ‘Cat Dancer’ and her work with Stevie Nicks.

http://bandweblogs.com/blog/2009/09/...ngle-released/
Old 09-04-2009, 07:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

~Stevie Nicks!~
You can’t deny, she ROCKS!

The Chris Isaak Hour

“ Stevie Nicks”
Saturday, September 05 @ 9 am ET

Rated: TVPG
Running Time: 60 Minutes

Upcoming Showings:
Saturday, September 05 @ 9 am ET

Grammy winner and Rock and Roll Hall of Fame member, Stevie Nicks gives us a sneak peak of "Gold Dust Woman" and "Stand Back" from her new CD. In an exclusive interview, Nicks talks to host, Chris Isaak about her years with Fleetwood Mac, her severe battle with cocaine and why she has never married. Isaak accompanies Nicks to perform songs that influenced her early career, such as "It's Late" and "Red River Valley".

I caught this interview with her on The Chris Isaak Hour, WOW, what a life! The most interesting thing I found out about Stevie Nicks is that once a month she visits the injured at Walter Reed Army Medical Center and Bethesda Naval Hospital. She goes with no publicity, no entourage. Stevie takes up to 400 iPods (purchased by herself, not a promotion) filled with all kinds of music and just simply sits with our injured men and women, talking about music and life. I was touched by her commitment and dedication to these men and women. If you get a chance you have to see this interview!

http://michele-byyourside.blogspot.c...us-friday.html
Old 09-05-2009, 09:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Q: How's "The Chris Isaak Hour" on the Biography Channel going? Who has been your favorite guest so far?

A: I never know what our schedule is, I leave that to the management, but I had a ball doing the show. Why wouldn't I? I got to play with a different star every week and they were all great and all so different. One week, I'm playing with Glen Campbell and getting a guitar lesson, and the next week, Cat Stevens is letting me sing backup to his new song. Stevie Nicks came on and did a song on the show that she had never done before. I love that she came on the show and instead of playing it safe, she does something way outside of the box. Maybe that is why she is such a legend. (See episodes at www.biography.com/ chris-isaak-hour)

http://www.modbee.com/life/story/840776.html
Old 09-05-2009, 09:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default I wanna call this Walgreens!

I called Walgreens to order a refill of Boscoe's insulin. Never mind how many phone calls it took, or how steadfast and determined I had to be to make it through the voice mail maze to finally find the magic button that allowed me to speak to a human being. Never mind how long that human put me on hold, or how many Stevie Nicks songs I had to endure before he picked up again.

http://lifewiththreedogs.blogspot.co...-sleeping.html
Old 09-09-2009, 11:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I was sitting in the doctor’s office when I caught myself humming this song as it was being played over the radio, not even realizing that I was doing it until the lady next to me giggled. Yo, all I have to say is this **** is a classic, I was merely 1 yrs old when it came out but I would hear the song over and over years down the road through moms. So fast forward to 2001 and I’m working in a Radio Shack, yes I actually remembered where I was, I heard the familiar sample and looked up on our screens and there was Destiny’s Child sampling this song for “Bootylicious”. My preference is still for the original by Stevie Nicks, which is called “Edge of Seventeen”.

From Wikipedia:

According to Nicks, the title came from a conversation she had with Tom Petty’s first wife, Jane, about the couple’s first meeting. Jane said they met “at the age of seventeen,” but her strong Southern accent made it sound like “edge of seventeen” to Nicks. The singer liked the sound of the phrase so much that she told Jane she would write a song for it and give her credit for the inspiration.

Although Nicks originally planned to use the title for a song about Tom and Jane Petty, the deaths of her uncle Johnathan and of John Lennon during the same week of December 1980 inspired a new song for which Nicks used the title. Nicks’ producer and friend Jimmy Iovine was a close friend of Lennon, and Nicks felt helpless to comfort him. Soon after, she flew home to Phoenix, Arizona, to be with her uncle Johnathan, who was dying of cancer. She remained with her uncle and his family until his passing.

Pretty interesting inspiration for the song, I’d say.

http://www.killahbeez.com/2008/11/13...-stevie-nicks/
Old 09-10-2009, 08:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Now that the mud has dried and the portaloos are but a distant memory, here are a few personal highlights from the Electric Picnic. Like most people I missed as many acts as they saw, but the swampy ground did not lend itself to moving at any great speed! ...

Lykke Li took to the stage Friday evening like a demented Scandinavian Stevie Nicks. She captivated the Crawdaddy tent, whirling around in a swathe of black scarves and complementing tracks from her ‘Youth Novels’ album with numbers by Lil’ Wayne and Kings of Leon.

http://egoeccentric.blogspot.com/200...-round-up.html
Old 09-10-2009, 08:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The Henri David Halloween Ball
Posted by Mike | 2:51 PM | Best of Philly, Special Events

Changes are you've been to your fair share of Halloween parties over the years but never one like this.

It was 1968 when an eccentric 22-year old Philadelphia man named Henri David decided to throw a Halloween bash for 300 of his friends.

More than 40 years later, David is one of Philadelphia's most successful jewelers, with a client list that includes Stevie Nicks and Elton John.

His annual extravaganza attracts upward of 4,000 costumed revelers, including some of the city's most open-minded socialites - and Pennsylvania Governor Ed Rendell, who hasn't missed a ball in 13 years.

Expect a truly outlandish costumes (David's three costumes are a closely guarded secret), lots of drinking and dancing and (late) night you will never forget.

Oct 31st. Center City Sheraton; 215-732-7711 for tickets

http://itsjustphilly.blogspot.com/20...ween-ball.html
Old 09-10-2009, 08:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default I… I Can’t Understand You

The Dallas media conducted a conference call with Antonio Bryant yesterday and I listened to just about the whole thing an I swear I understood about ten words total that came from Antonio. It was like listening to a Bob Dylan/Stevie Nicks duet. I don’t know if it was exceptionally poor quality from their conference service or if Bryant always had his mouth full, but I felt a little dejected that I wasn’t going to be able to get anything from it. Fortunately, better men than I at the Times transcribed part of it into English.

http://www.bucstats.com/?p=4857
Old 09-15-2009, 07:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

September 14, 2009
Fashion Week's Unofficial Mascot

Fashion Week is all about, well, looking fashionable, yet everyone backstage runs around with unsightly lanyards hanging from their necks. Not so at the Thakoon show. The who's who (like makeup guru Diane Kendal for NARS and hair genius Eugene Souleiman for Wella Professionals) donned buttons bearing a photograph of Stevie (as in Nicks), Thakoon’s Yorkie puppy—the unofficial show mascot. Adorable!

http://fashion.elle.com/blog/2009/09...al-mascot.html
Old 09-15-2009, 10:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default This entry was posted on Monday, September 14th, 2009

Daily Quote…Stevie Nicks
I am pretty fearless, and you know why? Because I don’t handle fear very well; I’m not a good terrified person.

~Stevie Nicks Daily Quote

http://www.pynkcelebrity.com/archives/11746
Old 09-15-2009, 10:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

How did you come up with the name of your blog, Edge of Seventeen?

Heh. I'm a huge Stevie Nicks fan and I love the song and I love the title for a teen blog. Even last year I was like "If I ever have a blog I will name it Edge of Seventeen", and it grew from that. It's the same as how if I ever become a roller girl I will be called "Stevie Nicks-and-Cuts". Just one of those silly things you keep in your head. Also, I love how the song is about this vulnerability as a teen, the edginess and rawness of experiences at this age.

http://takemeaway-jennala9.blogspot....from-edge.html
Old 09-17-2009, 11:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie Nicks App.

That's all the thought I have put into it thus far, but you know it would involve
How To's on sleeping with band members, black magic, and frequency/quantity of cocaine usage before you are able to pass a quarter through your septum.

http://tonightatthepit.blogspot.com/2009/09/iphen.html
Old 09-17-2009, 11:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default This is a cool story & Stevie is mentioned

When I told my father, Alvin S. Glenn, that I'm gay, I didn't come out and say it.

I really should have though. My father was a former military man. He served 29 years in the United States Army and had an aversion to being dramatic. No tears, no dramatic pauses, and no beating around the bush. Just say what you need to say and be done with it.

But to say that I was nervous as we drove to the grocery store was an understatement.

Alvin McEwen :: The night I told my father I'm gay
"Pop, I said. I don't think you need to worry about grandchildren when it comes to me."

Granted, that this was during the time when I inaccurately thought being gay meant that you could not have a family complete with little rugrats (I say that word with much affection) running all over the place. I figured that statement was the best way the best way to break the news to him.

My father, however, said three words to me that made it all unnecessary:

"I knew that already."

To tell the truth, I was a little shocked. But I really shouldn't have been. No matter how I try, I'm not the most butch fellow in the world.

Maybe it's my diva fascination.

During Halloween in second grade, I borrowed my mother's ratty bathroom, my aunt's cold cream and went as Bette Davis in the dressing room scene of All About Eve.

When I was in fifth grade, I had a Diana Ross fascination.

By seventh grade, Ms. Ross was replaced by Stevie Nicks.

So needless to say that I'm not exactly the "straight-acting" gay man type.

But still, my father saying that he already knew that I'm gay floored me. Apparently he and my younger brother had been discussing the matter for some time before I came out to him.

After the revealing that he already knew of my sexual orientation, my father proceeded to tell me that while he does not particularly understand why I am gay, he accepted me as his son.

http://www.pamshouseblend.com/diary/...-father-im-gay