User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-07-2014, 08:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
Is there going to be a red carpet for this and, if so, do you guys think Stevie will walk it?
If there is, I'm certain she will walk it.

Michele
Old 04-07-2014, 09:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyfan View Post
I can sort of see that Long Long Time could be a hard one to sing, but why Different Drum? I could absolutely hear Stevie doing that one. The range is pretty limited in that song, isn't it? I would still love to hear her do Long Long Time or Love Has No Pride, even if the result wasn't perfect. What about Silver Thread and Golden Needles ?

Kevin

"Love Has No Pride" (and "Willin'") will most likely be done by Bonnie Raitt. She recorded that song on her first album. "Willin' was written by Lowell George one of Bonnie's dearest friends (she ALMOST joined Little Feat way back when & credits Lowell with perfecting her slide guitar chops) & she's done the song a few times during her own concerts.

Wasn't Stevie singing background vocals on Warren Zevon's original version of "Poor Poor Pitiful Me"? (I know Lindsey plays guitar on that version, too)
Old 04-07-2014, 11:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
A rather good article about Linda, her parkinson's trials and tribulations, and induction into the RRHOF.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/m...album/7057825/

For starters, traveling is difficult because the most comfortable position for her these days is either lying down flat or sitting in an overstuffed chair with an ottoman, as she is today in her neatly appointed house on the western edge of town. It looks like the home of a retired schoolteacher — tidy and bright — not a music legend.

"To go anywhere, to fly anywhere, even to drive down to San Jose (an hour south) is a big deal," she says, adding that at this stage Parkinson's causes her to tire quickly if she overexerts herself. "I have to make sure there's a place like this, to lie down. Or I have to take a wheelchair, but I can't last that long in a wheelchair."
doesn't she have adopted kids? wonder how old they are
Old 04-08-2014, 09:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
doesn't she have adopted kids? wonder how old they are
Here you go:

http://www.redorbit.com/news/enterta..._her_way_home/
Old 04-08-2014, 09:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
That's an assumption...I don't think I've heard many stories of her living a wild & crazy life and it sounds like she may have slowed down and led a more normal life around the time of "Trio" and the broad way thing...If she didn't live an overly extravagant lifestyle maybe she was smart enough to invest her money wisely and if so she may be financially sound...
It is not an assumption. She confirmed in a very recent TV interview that she is running out of money paying for her kid's tuitions etc. She stated that it was ok when she could still tour .She has not had a hit album since the 1980s and has written very few songs..none of them hits or very well known..The only one I can think of is "Try Me Again"so the royalties are minimal.I would hazard a guess that Stevie made more money in 2013 than Linda has in the past 20 years combined.Sure she does not live as opulently as Stevie but with little coming in her nice house in the Sunset district and her kid's college expenses would be difficult to sustain.

Old 04-08-2014, 11:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
I would hazard a guess that Stevie made more money in 2013 than Linda has in the past 20 years combined.
Yes, especially because Stevie wrote her hit songs and gets money when they are covered by other artists and that's not true of Ronstadt.

Michele
Old 04-08-2014, 11:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It is not an assumption. She confirmed in a very recent TV interview that she is running out of money paying for her kid's tuitions etc. She stated that it was ok when she could still tour .She has not had a hit album since the 1980s and has written very few songs..none of them hits or very well known..The only one I can think of is "Try Me Again"so the royalties are minimal.I would hazard a guess that Stevie made more money in 2013 than Linda has in the past 20 years combined.Sure she does not live as opulently as Stevie but with little coming in her nice house in the Sunset district and her kid's college expenses would be difficult to sustain.
Well now we know...
Old 04-08-2014, 11:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

In general I have a hard time feeling sorry for people that are/were earning $100.000's or millions of dollars a year and then later in life they fall on financial hard times because they didn't plan ahead...
Old 04-08-2014, 11:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Yes, especially because Stevie wrote her hit songs and gets money when they are covered by other artists and that's not true of Ronstadt.

Michele
Not to mention the cool million she pocketed for the Budweiser ad last year.

Old 04-09-2014, 02:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
She is probably worth 7 to 10 million dollars. However, she lives in San Froancisco. She is not broke but she is not really rich. Stevie is rich. In an off year, she can make millions from royalties.
Old 04-09-2014, 11:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Here's an interview with Linda Ronstadt made within the last 24 hours:

https://music.yahoo.com/blogs/music-...011146482.html

It gives you a sense of how's she's doing. She's very critical of her own voice/singing.

Here's an interview in USA today with Ronstadt:
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2...D=i83bsex1apr5

Last edited by Tango; 04-09-2014 at 11:33 AM..
Old 04-09-2014, 06:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Stevie has referred to her songs as her "children" specifically mentioning that they would support her in her old age. She doesn't have kids but she's got financial security. Life's full of tradeoffs.
Old 04-09-2014, 09:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

watching emmylou, bonnie raitt, sheryl crow, carrie underwood & stevie nicks rehearse "when will i be loved?" ****ing. crazy. great. day.
https://twitter.com/mattnathanson

“Remember, in the grand scheme of things, what we do for a living is not very important. After all, we’re not curing cancer here.” - John McVie
http://goldduststevie.tumblr.com/
Old 04-10-2014, 12:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanne2 View Post
watching emmylou, bonnie raitt, sheryl crow, carrie underwood & stevie nicks rehearse "when will i be loved?" ****ing. crazy. great. day.
https://twitter.com/mattnathanson

Ooh. Great info. Thank you.

Michele
Old 04-10-2014, 12:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Ohhh, I can't wait to hear that

Kevin