The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-28-2007, 05:24 PM
Senior Ledgie

maybe lb didn't let ca know the breakup was hard on him? for him to talk about an ex during a 7 year relationship would have been rude.

i do believe he asked her to marry him. remember the handwritten lyrics "gonna ask my baby to marry me?" that was written when he was with ca. why didn't it happen? well maybe she wasn't ready? she had issues at the time with coke & ultimately messed around with dennis wilson which i'm sure didn't set well in the relationship. that she lost a baby is so sad tho. honestly i don't get why everyone seems to dislike her so much. lb loved her & spent close to a decade with her. they split because lb couldn't deal with her habit & probably other things as well. that doesn't make her a bad person. & judging by what's in the book so far, to this day she's maintaining class by not mudslinging at lb.

but for anyone interested she's signing her books next month in la. think she'll sell more than 7 copies.

http://www.myspace.com/booksoup
(look at july 14 on calendar)
"carol ann harris presents and signs "storms, my life with lindsey buckingham'"
Old 06-28-2007, 07:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't think the majority of fans "hate" her because she and Lindsey had a meaningful relationship that lasted 7 years, although granted there may be some. I don't hate her but I do find what she has done questionable; i.e., Writing a tell-all book twenty years later after Lindsey has married, fathered 3 children, and revived his solo career. It's not about her cashing in so much as it's about her selling-out in other words it's about her blatant betrayal of someone's trust. If you love someone you don't tell-all. She wasn't a member of the band so what she has to say is "second hand news!"

CarolC
Old 06-28-2007, 08:13 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by carol7lynn View Post
I don't think the majority of fans "hate" her because she and Lindsey had a meaningful relationship that lasted 7 years, although granted there may be some. I don't hate her but I do find what she has done questionable; i.e., Writing a tell-all book twenty years later after Lindsey has married, fathered 3 children, and revived his solo career. It's not about her cashing in so much as it's about her selling-out in other words it's about her blatant betrayal of someone's trust. If you love someone you don't tell-all. She wasn't a member of the band so what she has to say is "second hand news!"

CarolC
i don't know but i think fame comes with a lot more than big bucks. from her perspective, fans are interested in the band & what they were doing at the time. it'll make her some cash, sure, but it doesn't sound like she's telling all. she wasn't a member of the band but short of them writing their own books (which mick did & some people discredited anyway) i think she was about as close to them as anyone could get. as far as betrayal, who knows what happened in that relationship. she & lb are no longer together so i doubt trust from either end even plays into it. he wrote and still performs go insane which is all about ca, not to mention the entire album. is that any different as songs are tell-alls in & of themselves? i doubt she felt a tremendous sense of privacy or trust when it was released. getting involved with a famous person has a price as that person can give out personal info through words or in this case, songs that you may not want to share with the world. being famous also has its price in that someone may do the same to you in some other way or artform. remember also lb talking about ca's drug habits & infidelities in interviews. not exactly not telling all. who started the ball rolling?
Old 06-28-2007, 08:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle Daya View Post

... he wrote and still performs go insane which is all about ca, not to mention the entire album.

....remember also lb talking about ca's drug habits & infidelities in interviews. not exactly not telling all.
OK, so....I just fell off the turnip truck yesterday. Can you enlighten me on this?

So the song Go Insane is about Carol Ann? People had told me that one song about "Hey Little Girl, Leave a little Drug Alone" was about her, but didn't know Go Insane was. (Is that her on the back side of the LP sitting in the chair?)

I thought Go Insane was about Lindsey being obsessive.

Is there a thread that explains that song, that someone can direct me to?
Old 06-28-2007, 08:30 PM
Ledgie

i just skimmed a good part of the book. nothing she said really surprised me if it's all true. he's got an anger management problem and did a lot of drugs. she claims that he choaked her about 4 times. i didn't see anything written about stevie that was bad - in fact, she enjoyed talking to stevie many times. i did think the part about lindsey throwing up on dick clark's carpet on the night of the ama awards was kind of funny. it sounds like a crazy kind of life. i probably will read the entire book (but with a grain of salt).
Old 06-28-2007, 08:35 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsy View Post
OK, so....I just fell off the turnip truck yesterday. Can you enlighten me on this?

So the song Go Insane is about Carol Ann? People had told me that one song about "Hey Little Girl, Leave a little Drug Alone" was about her, but didn't know Go Insane was. (Is that her on the back side of the LP sitting in the chair?)

I thought Go Insane was about Lindsey being obsessive.

Is there a thread that explains that song, that someone can direct me to?
i believe the album including title song was dedicated to her & their breakup.
Old 06-28-2007, 09:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Since when does dedicating an album to someone make every song on that album about them??? No way Go Insane is all about CA anyway.

I don't hate the girl but he did support her long after their breakup and writing a tell all after he has become a father is a ****ty thing to do. No way to make it not ****ty no matter how you spin it. How is it going to look to Will and Leelee when they come upon this book ten years from now? Their dad tried to choke her up to four times? Come the F on. She is just trying to cash in on a relationship she had twenty plus years ago. Lindsey made it very clear on his BTM how he felt about the relationship too. He knew it was doomed but stayed in it for much longer than he should have. The spectre of Stevie ruined it.

"She has an exquisite femininity"......Lindsey

Last edited by Kelly; 06-28-2007 at 09:56 PM.. Reason: Windy Sails is NGBA
Old 06-28-2007, 10:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I thought it didnt come out until Jul 1???

Well, Ill probably get it to use for english next year [its alot more interesting to me, whether the facts are true or not than some novel about some random thing i could care less about ie the princess bride]. But its not as horrible as everyone expected?
Old 06-28-2007, 11:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post

Lindsey made it very clear on his BTM how he felt about the relationship too. He knew it was doomed but stayed in it for much longer than he should have. The spectre of Stevie ruined it.
Hmmmm.....

Guess I better get me a copy of that Behind the Music. Do they show a picture of Carol Ann on that interview?

(Thanks Kelly and Michelle for your thoughts to my questions. I appreciate the added information. I don't know who this Carol Ann Harris even is...guess if I read the book, I will find out.)
Old 06-29-2007, 12:01 AM
Ledgie

I'm not the least bit surprised Carol Ann had nothing bad to say about Stevie.

STORMS?

Old 06-29-2007, 04:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgikallaroundme View Post
Job well done.
Old 06-29-2007, 04:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
He knew it was doomed but stayed in it for much longer than he should have.
Yes, he has said about both relationships with Carol Ann and Cheri that only the first year or so was good.
Old 06-29-2007, 06:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgikallaroundme View Post

STORMS?

And Lindsey tried to "choke her" on four different occassions. I KNEW she dug rough sex.

(please no one go ape****....I know real choking is no joke)

"She has an exquisite femininity"......Lindsey
Old 06-29-2007, 09:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I don't hate the girl but he did support her long after their breakup and writing a tell all after he has become a father is a ****ty thing to do. No way to make it not ****ty no matter how you spin it. How is it going to look to Will and Leelee when they come upon this book ten years from now? Their dad tried to choke her up to four times? Come the F on. She is just trying to cash in on a relationship she had twenty plus years ago.
I absolutely agree -- it's a lousy thing to do at this stage in his life.

By the way, the naked girl on the back of Go Insane isn't her. Like I keep saying, it's me. :P
Old 06-29-2007, 09:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazmenFlowers View Post
2 - from the overview above, it seems like she's saying "Stevie blah blah blah, he loved me more. see? he asked me to marry him twice. we were really serious. I was even preggers with his child. see? I matter."