Addicted Ledgie

Sara by John Love

Sad Angel
by lesleybeyersdorf

Dreams by Leah Maybry

Old 06-25-2013, 09:57 AM
Senior Ledgie

AMAZING concert last night!!!!

I did Mick's VIP package, so I really had quite the experience! What a cool, friendly guy he is! If you have the money for a meet and greet, I highly recommend it!

I was lucky enough to get a spot right under Stevie's microphone for the whole show. It was wonderful to be so close to the action. Lindsey is beyond amazing, of course in his guitar playing, but also in how he engages with fans- SO cool.

The whole band sounded perfect- don't believe the audio on youtube videos- they were flawless. Sad Angel is so much cooler live than on the EP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steviegirl View Post
Oh! Another thing I noticed was that instead of just showing shots of the band members on the monitors, the shots almost seemed like a Marty Callner FINISHED film. It looked really good.
I had the same thought the whole time!
Old 06-25-2013, 04:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Go Your Own Way by Pattym902

Oh you can see me. I am right night to the amp (on the right). My friend is wearing a straw hat, to the left of me.
Old 06-25-2013, 07:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannieC View Post
Awesome Pic
Old 06-25-2013, 07:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Any commentary about Stevie & Lindsey calling each other George & Gracie last night? Read a few tweets about this.
Old 06-25-2013, 08:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannieC View Post
This is the first FM show where I have not been totally fixated on Stevie. I couldn't always see her very well because of Lindsey's amp. And what you gain in a front row experience, you definitely lose in sound. But holy crap I was standing at Lindsey's feet all freaking night.

The audience did sing Happy Birthday to Mick, which was cute.

When they were doing GYOW, during "packing up...shacking up..." Stevie looked at Lindsey and raised one eyebrow at him. During Mick's drum solo, Lindsey sat down on the stage and watched. I was so close that I could watch him try to get something (a hair?) out of his mouth. LOL His interaction with the crowd is amazing. There were definitely people in the audience that he recognized and acknowledged. I'm serious about the smoldering looks though. I literally had to stop looking at him when he would do it! And it's not like he was only doing it to me! Loved singing "STAND BACK STAND BACK" with him.
Quote:
I was happy to see the crowd respond so positively during Lindsey's remarks about Tusk. The crowd responded well to "Sad Angel," too. Also, fewer people seemed to annoyingly/inappropriately scream out, "I love you, Stevie," during the very tender moments of "Say Goodbye," thank heavens.

I always buy my tickets at the show, and I was unable to get on the floor this time; however, I got killer seats just to the left of Lindsey,(eye-level with the stage, really), and it was so much fun to see the stage from that perspective. I'm very short, so this was the most I've been able to actually SEE on the stage ever. It was fun to watch the guitar techs switching out guitars and doing things. I think the best part of the show for me has become the moments when Lindsey starts WAILING on "So Afraid" or "NTF" or "EotW," etc., and just about the entire audience is pulled from their seats, by some seemingly invisible force--with their eyes fixated and their necks extended--trying to comprehend the otherworldly magic that this guitar god is eliciting from his instrument. My. God. If he's ever within 200 miles of me, I'm going to see him. No. Matter. What.
Like my sister said when we found ourselves captivated by him in Philadelphia, "That boy ain't nothing but the truth."

Everyone around us was pretty cool and standing almost the whole time, which was good. One guy behind us said, "Man, he is MOIST." Ha! That was very funny because Lindsey was literally glistening from putting in work. Mick seemed to be having a lot of fun. Drum solo was extra cool this time because the crowd was so into it. John was amazing as usual. And in conclusion~Lindsey is God.

PS It seems like they were switching guitars after almost every song. I don't know if maybe I've never noticed this before, or is it because it was humid? I think someone said that in another thread. Just curious. Beautiful, beautiful show from beginning to end.
yes, Lindsey always switches guitars between every song. even if it's the same type of guitar from one to the other song, it's usually different tuning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecalmsea View Post
I was lucky enough to get a spot right under Stevie's microphone for the whole show. It was wonderful to be so close to the action. Lindsey is beyond amazing, of course in his guitar playing, but also in how he engages with fans- SO cool.

The whole band sounded perfect- don't believe the audio on youtube videos- they were flawless. Sad Angel is so much cooler live than on the EP.
loving this thread!! so nice to read all this out-pour of love for Lindsey, from people who are primarily fans of different people in this band.

so, when did you all sing happy birthday to Mick?? before Lindsey's NTF/Tusk album intro? or?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 06-25-2013, 08:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Any commentary about Stevie & Lindsey calling each other George & Gracie last night? Read a few tweets about this.
I did hear Lindsey call Stevie "Gracie" but had no idea what he meant and then wondered if I made it up.

The Happy Birthday singing happened early in the show (way before Tusk intro). Some fans tried to sing it again when Mick was saying goodnight but it didn't get enough momentum.

Also want to say that Lindsey displays such genuine joy at the crowd reaction. Smiling, stomping, fist pumping...lol. The band appears to want everyone to know how much they (the band) mean to each other and how grateful they are to us. Very sweet, actually.

Last edited by jannieC; 06-25-2013 at 09:07 PM..
Old 06-25-2013, 09:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I wonder if he went for the cheap line, "Say goodnight, Gracie."

Actually, he could paraphrase it to "say goodbye, Gracie."

Michele
Old 06-25-2013, 09:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I wonder if he went for the cheap line, "Say goodnight, Gracie."

Actually, he could paraphrase it to "say goodbye, Gracie."

Michele
Ohhhh- that was bad, Michele!

But, yeah, he probably did. It was during the WY intro, so....

It makes me happy though because I've been saying that they are Burns & Allen for years. And with Stevie saying the other night when they got too old to sing they were just going to have a comedy act. Finally. Recognize!

Last edited by CADreaming; 06-25-2013 at 09:59 PM..
Old 06-25-2013, 10:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It makes me happy though because I've been saying that they are Burns & Allen for years. And with Stevie saying the other night when they got too old to sing they were just going to have a comedy act. Finally. Recognize!
Wait, when did she say that? That's hilarious. And I would watch it.
Old 06-26-2013, 02:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Monday, June 24, 2013 Charlotte Observer

http://cltsoundbites.blogspot.com/20...twc-arena.html

Review: Fleetwood Mac at TWC Arena

Fleetwood Mac celebrated founder and drummer Mick Fleetwood’s 65th birthday Monday with several thousand fans at Time Warner Cable Arena. With no opening act, the core group - now all well into their sixties - opened the two and a half hour set with a bouncy “Second Hand News” and the harmony-driven “The Chain.”

Although 2012 marked the 35th anniversary of its seminal “Rumours” album, the group seemed at its most reinvigorated playing new material like “Sad Angel” or celebrating its 1979 album “Tusk.” After noting how unconventional and confounding to record execs the 20-track double album was for its time, guitarist Lindsay Buckingham led the charge through “Not That Funny,” “Tusk,” “Sisters of the Moon,” and “Sara.”

The sprawling “Tusk” was met with a standing ovation. Even a member of the arena staff whose parents probably weren’t even in middle school when the album was released applauded and beamed as the lights went up and the crowd roared.

Stevie Nicks’ alto, which has long lacked the range she was capable of in her twenties and thirties, fared best on songs that favored her lower register. Songs like “Sara,” “Gypsy” and “Gold Dust Woman,” for instance, were more forgiving than her opening solo on “Dreams.”

The petite singer defies nature by looking better at 65 than she did on her 2001 tour. As expected she donned shawls to depict characters like “Rhiannon.” She soared during “Stand Back” - the only hit representing any of the band members’ solo work. The `80s synthesizers brought the crowd to its feet.

The group seemed more relaxed and on its game than during its "Say You Will" Tour at Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre in 2004. That may have been due to the venue (it also played TWC Arena in 2009) and the scaled down production which featured a handful of projection screens, but the vibe was intimate for an arena show with the band members playing on the same level instead of having Fleetwood towering behind the rest of the group.

Buckingham was at the top of his game as well. Fleetwood called him the group’s mentor and inspiration while introducing the players during the encore. He’s right. Besides whipping out impressive classical and steel string guitar work on songs like his acoustic version of "Big Love" and scale climbing solos like "I'm So Afraid," Buckingham also oozed energy and charisma even when playing songs he's played hundreds of times. On "I'm So Afraid" - a heavier track written for Fleetwood Mac's 1975 self-titled album that's reminiscent of the bluesy work of the band under former guitarist Peter Green - Buckingham's fingers wiggled all the way up the neck to the body and still managed to sound melodic instead of screechy.

While hits like "Never Going Back Again" and "Go Your Own Way" had the crowd singing along and on its feet, more intimate moments like Buckingham and Nicks' acoustic rendition of "Landslide" and an unearthed song, "Without You," that Nicks wrote when the couple was together in the early `70s before joining Fleetwood Mac. She told of how the song was lost for 35 years before she rediscovered it on YouTube.

The group seemed happy to keep playing even after 2 hours and 19 songs. It returned twice with hits like "Don't Stop" and "Silver Spring" and the birthday boy's obligatory drum solo but there was the sense that its members could've outlasted fans long into the night.
Old 06-26-2013, 06:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

"yes, Lindsey always switches guitars between every song. even if it's the same type of guitar from one to the other song, it's usually different tuning."

Thanks, Elle. It was fun to see.

Yes, if I recall correctly, the George and Gracie stuff was during the "WY" intro, which was very cute this time. Lindsey went straight to his mic when it started, so he appeared to try to 'play along' a little better than the last time. tee hee. It was cute. And over seven minutes.
Old 06-26-2013, 06:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
Wait, when did she say that? That's hilarious. And I would watch it.
I think it was when the guys pretended to leave the stage. Which night was that? Pretty sure she said it,right after that. "John McVie is off the stage!" Lol.

Quote:
Yes, if I recall correctly, the George and Gracie stuff was during the "WY" intro, which was very cute this time. Lindsey went straight to his mic when it started, so he appeared to try to 'play along' a little better than the last time. tee hee. It was cute. And over seven minutes.
Awesome! I was concerned. People said on twitter she had shortened it. I'm relieved to know it is getting longer.
Old 06-26-2013, 08:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Guess we're not the only ones keeping an eye on how long WY intro is getting...

From a Jones Beach review:

"The sound crew joked to me that they time Stevie’s story, which is repeated at every date on the current tour, and at over 7 minutes it fell short of the previous record in Boston the night before."