The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-30-2009, 07:12 PM
Ledgie

I can see it. With members from both bands crossing over and playing in harmony with the other. Remember, HARMONY is one of the components that make these bands great. Perhaps there will be a new single or two, duets vocally and guitar-wise...come on folks, open your hearts and minds. The world needs this kind of energy.
Old 12-30-2009, 07:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin View Post
Are you being serious? I love the Mac, but honestly don't think they will impress anyone with their live show. There's nothing all that impressive about it.
Yeah, I think it's impressive. It's amazing how many people have great music but are quite stultifying live. After I saw Rascal Flatts and Sarah Mclachlan live I actually had to pass through a little transition period to get back into their cds, because they were so uninspiring in concert.

There are some people who shouldn't bother releasing CD/DVDs together, because the DVD will just cancel out whatever drew you to the CD.

I haven't seen the Eagles. I saw Don with Stevie and he just stood there and because it was nippy and damp he was wearing a big overcoat for part of the show, which made him seem even more stagnant.

I think there's a great deal of energy and spirit in an FM show.

Michele
Old 12-30-2009, 08:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Opening ALWAYS means going on first.

Yeah, I suppose it's a double bill, too, but the bigger drawing band, is closing the show!

FWIW, FM was my favorite band, my entire life! Until about 2 years ago. Then, my #2 band for life, swapped places with FM.

(if Christine was still in the band, that swap wouldn't have happened)
But I meant that they weren't just an opening act. I'm thinking this will be billed "Eagles & Fleetwood Mac" not "Eagles with special guest Fleetwood Mac".

Yes, the bigger drawing band is.

Just for the heck of it, two questions:

1. Is Don a bigger draw than Stevie?

2. Who's your current favorite band?
Old 12-30-2009, 08:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Still blind to the facts, huh? What, are you from Kentucky?
Are you blind to my location? Jersey
Old 12-30-2009, 08:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
But I meant that they weren't just an opening act. I'm thinking this will be billed "Eagles & Fleetwood Mac" not "Eagles with special guest Fleetwood Mac".

Yes, the bigger drawing band is.

Just for the heck of it, two questions:

1. Is Don a bigger draw than Stevie?

2. Who's your current favorite band?
Thanks for admitting who the bigger band is!

Hmmm, probably Don is bigger, but not by much, anymore.

IDK, music is my job, and has been for a loooong time, so I don't spend tons of time listening to music. Pretty much only while driving. FM and the Eagles, are the soundtrack, of my stinken' youth!

Anymore, I listen to mostly country(with the exception of Eagles and FM).
Favorite country artists(new):
Dierks Bentley
Gary Allan

Since they were mentioned, I'll say that I can't stand Rascal Flatts! That singer doesn't have a country NOTE in his body. White R&B...that's what he sings, forcing 27 notes into every syllable.

And Kenny Chesney's a poser!
Old 12-30-2009, 08:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Are you blind to my location? Jersey
That wasn't really a jab at YOU. Hmmm, I'm sure there are other Kentuckians on here, somewhere.....
Old 12-30-2009, 09:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Yet his set was before Stevie's on the Two Voices tour, every night. Was he the opening act? I don't think of it that way. I think it was a double bill and Don simply went first.

I imagine the Eagles/Fleetwood Mac tour will be the same way.

Old 12-30-2009, 09:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
Yet his set was before Stevie's on the Two Voices tour, every night. Was he the opening act? I don't think of it that way. I think it was a double bill and Don simply went first.

Nancy, that's not necessary. I'm busy squashing hopes, and you're uplifting them!

Old 12-30-2009, 11:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Thanks for admitting who the bigger band is!

IDK, music is my job, and has been for a loooong time, so I don't spend tons of time listening to music. Pretty much only while driving. FM and the Eagles, are the soundtrack, of my stinken' youth!

Anymore, I listen to mostly country(with the exception of Eagles and FM).
Favorite country artists(new):
Dierks Bentley
Gary Allan

Since they were mentioned, I'll say that I can't stand Rascal Flatts! That singer doesn't have a country NOTE in his body. White R&B...that's what he sings, forcing 27 notes into every syllable.

And Kenny Chesney's a poser!
No way Don attracts more than Stevie. I remember when the Two Voices tour happened and the Eagles fans started posting over here. They said that Don usually can only attract 2-,3,000 and that was back in 05'. Stevie was still selling out 10,000 + venues then.
Old 12-31-2009, 12:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I admitted that The Eagles are bigger than Fleetwood Mac but I do think Stevie is a bigger draw than Don, Joe, Glenn, or Tim.

Don is a bigger draw than Lindsey though. I would say.

Nancy, I think this tour will be structured like the 2005 Tour except I'm not sure if they'll share the stage together.
Old 12-31-2009, 10:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post

Didn't Don address this in an interview back in 2005? I could swear he said that he and his band went first due to the logistics of setting up the equipment on the stage; to set up the stage for Don's band took less time or something? Anyway, it had nothing to do with who was the "bigger act".
Old 12-31-2009, 10:36 AM
Senior Ledgie

I think too it was Don being a gentleman....letting the lady go 2nd.

As for the idea that Don can only sell out 2,000 to 3,000. I don't recall ever saying that. On Don's latest string of solo dates in November he was playing smaller places of about 5,000, but also a few arenas of 8 to 10,000. He's still a fairly big draw.

L&M
www.eaglesfans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by seekerj View Post
Didn't Don address this in an interview back in 2005? I could swear he said that he and his band went first due to the logistics of setting up the equipment on the stage; to set up the stage for Don's band took less time or something? Anyway, it had nothing to do with who was the "bigger act".
Old 12-31-2009, 10:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I saw him in Atlantic City and that was about 1,500 seats. I was surprised that he played Caesars instead of Borgata.

I saw the Eagles there in 08 and I'll never forget my friend and I were the only two people in the row.
Old 12-31-2009, 10:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by seekerj View Post
Ok, I found the article on a site called eaglesfans.typepad.com :

June 07, 2005
Eagle Flies with Nightbird (Mansfield Preview)
Link: BostonHerald.com - the Edge: Eagle flies with nightbird.

Don Henley is nothing if not a gentleman.

When asked in what order he and ``Two Voices'' tourmate Stevie Nicks would perform at their co-headlining show at the Tweeter Center in Mansfield tonight, Henley laughs.

``I'm going to go first every night,'' he says, ``because there are certain things that she has to have.''

Those include, but are not limited to, special lighting, time for costume changes and the proper performing temperature.

``I'm just a guy,'' Henley says. ``Guys don't mind sweating. I'm just going to go first and that will make my life a lot simpler.''

The charming Eagles frontman and Fleetwood Mac's witchy woman, both 57, have long been friends - and more in the mid-'70s. They even scored a hit duet in 1981 with ``Leather and Lace.''

What songs will they sing together on tour?

Speaking by phone from Dallas, Henley chuckles.

``We've already exchanged lists. Now we're in the process of arguing about it.''

Following his stint with Nicks, Henley hopes to begin work on an album of new American standards by the likes of Leonard Cohen and Randy Newman.

Then he'll hit the road again with the Eagles in August. If you're waiting for that long-promised new Eagles album, Henley has some advice: Don't hold your breath.

``I don't know if that's ever going to come to fruition,'' he says.``It used to be frustrating, but I had to adopt a more Zenlike position or tear my hair out.''

June 07, 2005 in 6/08 Mansfield, MA | Permalink
Old 12-31-2009, 02:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
No way Don attracts more than Stevie. I remember when the Two Voices tour happened and the Eagles fans started posting over here. They said that Don usually can only attract 2-,3,000 and that was back in 05'. Stevie was still selling out 10,000 + venues then.
I have no idea. Stevie lost me yeaaaars ago, with that train wreck, OSOTM.