Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-10-2008, 11:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanne2 View Post
Aww don't go to hell, it's no fun!

Well technically those aren't photographs of Stevie but stills. One is from the making of the Little Lies video , I'm not sure where the other is from looks like an interview, maybe OSOTM era.
Stevie can also been seen smoking at the beginning of "Everywhere" from the Tango concert video.
And I forgot about it when I posted the first 2, but there's also this one from the RAL era....

OMG!!> I LOVE THIS PHOTO!!!!!!! Never seen another like this one in this outfit! What are the details!! Are there more? are these HW? if so, there probabally bieng witheld for annother calander maybe?
Old 04-11-2008, 06:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Never seen other versions of this pic. Someione over at 7W has contact with the photographer, Herbert Worthington, and asked him about that photo. He said it was at some club where they were playing that evening and they were just walking throught the building and posing for photos here and there.
I would love to see those other photos but I don't think that's going to happen anytime soon.
This photo always made me think Stevie was a natural brunette, when I was a kid. Not until many years later when I saw a childhood pic of her did it dispel that myth from my mind. It still seems charming to me though, a simple blouse with what appears to be trousers. Much more grounded looking than what she was soon to create for herself as a stage 'look'.
Old 04-11-2008, 11:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by petep9000 View Post
This photo always made me think Stevie was a natural brunette, when I was a kid. Not until many years later when I saw a childhood pic of her did it dispel that myth from my mind. It still seems charming to me though, a simple blouse with what appears to be trousers. Much more grounded looking than what she was soon to create for herself as a stage 'look'.
The question is, During which part specifically of that 1975 tour did Stevie switch over to dripping black chiffon, suede platform boots & top hat? By the time the band played late November gigs in Southern California & the Bay Area, Stevie was in drippy chiffon, according to concert reviews published in Billboard & photos from Northern California concerts that were sold on eBay.

I'd like to see a big picture thread of FM concert photos from 1975 for us to be able to put together some sort of costume timeline.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 04-11-2008, 11:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
The question is, During which part specifically of that 1975 tour did Stevie switch over to dripping black chiffon, suede platform boots & top hat? By the time the band played late November gigs in Southern California & the Bay Area, Stevie was in drippy chiffon, according to concert reviews published in Billboard & photos from Northern California concerts that were sold on eBay.

I'd like to see a big picture thread of FM concert photos from 1975 for us to be able to put together some sort of costume timeline.
When I see those early photos of FM in concert where Stevie is in her bluejeans, I figured she loved the way Christine dressed one day and so she adopted that look for herself. You might notice Christine had that "look" first.
Old 04-11-2008, 12:23 PM
Betsy
This message has been deleted by Betsy.
Old 04-11-2008, 12:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsy View Post
This looks like a job for SUPER SANNE2!

Are you out there?
Yes, BUT it's very hard to put dates on concert pics from 1975, so I'm not sure if a timeline is possible (but it would be fun) I only have a date for these pics:

October 20, 1975 Veterans Memorial Coliseum New Haven, CT:

Stevie's in black and there's some chiffon at the sleeves but not a whole lot, you could say it wasn't at "full force" yet so she probably stated wearing it only shortly before that, I guess?

“Remember, in the grand scheme of things, what we do for a living is not very important. After all, we’re not curing cancer here.” - John McVie
http://goldduststevie.tumblr.com/
Old 04-11-2008, 01:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes, BUT it's very hard to put dates on concert pics from 1975, so I'm not sure if a timeline is possible (but it would be fun) I only have a date for these pics:

October 20, 1975 Veterans Memorial Coliseum New Haven, CT:

Stevie's in black and there's some chiffon at the sleeves but not a whole lot, you could say it wasn't at "full force" yet so she probably stated wearing it only shortly before that, I guess?
That's interesting. I didn't know those shots were from the Yale gig in '75. That might be the gig recorded for the King Biscuit Flower Hour radio show. (There's some serious disagreement about whether that radio show was New Jersey or the Coliseum at Yale.)

One of those shots above is in the Carr & Clarke book.

Did you buy any of those shots of Stevie & Chris at the San Jose Civic Auditorium in November 1975? Stevie's dressed about the same, but with top hat. I think what happened (& Stevie said something like this in one of her radio interviews) is that Fleetwood went on the road in May & stayed out through the summer. At that point, Stevie was packing a bunch of suitcases & was getting annoyed at having to rifle through her belongings before every show. So she got together with Margi & they decided she'd wear dripping chiffon for every show -- skirt & leotard essentially, plus the platform boots, which looked good with the raggy, billowy skirt. So by the time the band went on its fall/winter tour, Stevie was in her trademark getup, & that getup really solidified into The Look well in time for the major touring the following year. (Even the Midnight Special appearances, which were recorded later in 1975, have the smaller amount of chiffon rather than the huge amount.)

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 04-11-2008, 01:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
That's interesting. I didn't know those shots were from the Yale gig in '75. That might be the gig recorded for the King Biscuit Flower Hour radio show. (There's some serious disagreement about whether that radio show was New Jersey or the Coliseum at Yale.)

One of those shots above is in the Carr & Clarke book.

Did you buy any of those shots of Stevie & Chris at the San Jose Civic Auditorium in November 1975? Stevie's dressed about the same, but with top hat. I think what happened (& Stevie said something like this in one of her radio interviews) is that Fleetwood went on the road in May & stayed out through the summer. At that point, Stevie was packing a bunch of suitcases & was getting annoyed at having to rifle through her belongings before every show. So she got together with Margi & they decided she'd wear dripping chiffon for every show -- skirt & leotard essentially, plus the platform boots, which looked good with the raggy, billowy skirt. So by the time the band went on its fall/winter tour, Stevie was in her trademark getup, & that getup really solidified into The Look well in time for the major touring the following year. (Even the Midnight Special appearances, which were recorded later in 1975, have the smaller amount of chiffon rather than the huge amount.)
I've found these pictures online, a photoagency had that date on the info for the pics. But in general, it's very hard to find photo's with dates for the white album tour, the Rumours tour is better documented and there's lots of pics & dates for Tusk concerts but unfortunately almost nothing for 1975 (one of the reasons I find pictures from that tour so interesting)

There's also this pic that always seemed so strange to me, Stevie just looks weird for some reason. Doesn't look like she's wearing chiffon here either, just a black top:

Or what about Stevie performing in a flower skirt?(I guess she really liked it, she had in in differend colors and it showsp up at several photoshoots and occassions:

Another strange outfit, big chiffon sleeves but what the hell is she wearing over it?

“Remember, in the grand scheme of things, what we do for a living is not very important. After all, we’re not curing cancer here.” - John McVie
Old 04-18-2008, 09:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default John with Penguins on his Shirt

Today's feature is John with his penguin shirt. I think it's the same shirt, one of the the photos was printed with a reversed negative. In the b/w photo he's wearing a kimino over the top of the shirt, but I believe it is the same shirt.

Sanne2 - got any from these photo shoots?
Old 04-18-2008, 11:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Sanne2 - got any from these photo shoots?
There's a lot from that first shot. It's on the grounds behind the stage at the April 1976 DAY ON THE GREEN. There's even some audience-shot film footage of some of that performance.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 04-18-2008, 01:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I like photos from this shoot too, because they are so stupid. (They make me smile.) It shows inhibition and spontaneity. I wonder whose idea it was to dress Mick up as a Super Cheerleader.

Old 04-18-2008, 01:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I like photos from this shoot too, because they are so stupid. (They make me smile.) It shows inhibition and spontaneity. I wonder whose idea it was to dress Mick up as a Super Cheerleader.

Probably Mick's, he seems very fond of dressing up in women's clothing. Too fond

Gail
Old 04-18-2008, 02:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Mick and Christine both look like they're aiming for the imaginary toilet.
Old 04-18-2008, 03:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Mick makes a lovely bride.
Old 04-18-2008, 04:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

There are a lot more of just Mick in his cheerleader outfit but I didn't save those, too scary

Old 04-18-2008, 04:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The penguin shirt was definately a favourite of John, just like the "Hawaii 76" shirt