User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-27-2004, 12:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Definately your bad, Homer...
Whew.....I guess it's a good thing I don't live and breathe FM!
Old 09-27-2004, 04:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gailh
I wonder if it occured to him to wonder if Christine ever thinks when she looks at John "how did I ever bang this guy?" now he's got a bit more condition on him? Or if Stevie ever thinks about Mick "how did I ever bang this guy" now that he's bald?

Or can those sort of thoughts only happen to men?

Gail
This had me cracking up, too funny! I once heard Howard say that Stevie was big but she knew how to dress for her figure so he'd still bang her. This was back in the Dance days.

I was anti-Howard for a long time until I heard that he was speaking out about Bush and then I started tuning in again. If I don't like a topic I just turn it off. Usually it just cracks me up but some things are just too much.

~Susan
Old 09-27-2004, 05:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
I always kind of think of this as - A)She's almost 40 and B)Most people bloat up like the Dickens when they quit coke....
AMber
Stevie has said that when in Betty Ford they fed her HUGE portions. So this is probably where it started, trading one addiction for another. She also has said she had a habit of eating really rich midnight snacks.

The first time I saw her after she lost weight was at MixFest in Boston and it was so exciting because I just knew she was "back". She was so much happier up there than she had been during the SA tour.

I agree with the "Stevie's hot" crew, she's hot!

~Susan
Old 09-27-2004, 07:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
There have been moments where she's been quite sexy (Gold Dust Woman from the Dance, for example), but she has always come across as too demure and innocent, too doe-eyed and needy.
Forgive me, but...PUKE! I don't see Stevie as ever having been "needy" whatsoever! In fact, I think it's obvious that she had to be one tough broad to claim her stake in rock 'n' roll. Just becasue she never felt the need to put down her male peers to gain "female power" in music does not make her needy. I think it's great that she just openly admires the talents of others, regardless of gender. I sort of get where you were going with this, but for me none of the words you used hit the mark. I think it's more that Stevie was always unihibited about showing her vulnerability (which every human has and tends to guard) and displaying it in her lyrics and performance. If I was forced to name one thing that most captivates me about Stevie, that would probably be it. It was definitely a key element that sucked me in in the beginning...I had previously never encountered such a thing.
Old 09-28-2004, 02:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryHour
I think it's more that Stevie was always unihibited about showing her vulnerability (which every human has and tends to guard) and displaying it in her lyrics and performance. If I was forced to name one thing that most captivates me about Stevie, that would probably be it.
That is the thing, isn't it? She's at once strong and vulnerable. Which has always been a compelling combination to me, too.

With most artists, you usually get one or the other. They either exhibit little strength or little vulnerability.
To me, Stevie's always seemed tough-as-nails when she needs to be, and yet never afraid to be vulnerable and fragile at other times.

In other words, despite all the trappings of money and fame, she manages to come across in a very human way. And her ability to be more than just a one-sided rock icon, adds to her sex-appeal. At least in my opinion.
Old 09-28-2004, 08:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryHour
Forgive me, but...PUKE! I don't see Stevie as ever having been "needy" whatsoever! In fact, I think it's obvious that she had to be one tough broad to claim her stake in rock 'n' roll. Just becasue she never felt the need to put down her male peers to gain "female power" in music does not make her needy. I think it's great that she just openly admires the talents of others, regardless of gender. I sort of get where you were going with this, but for me none of the words you used hit the mark. I think it's more that Stevie was always unihibited about showing her vulnerability (which every human has and tends to guard) and displaying it in her lyrics and performance. If I was forced to name one thing that most captivates me about Stevie, that would probably be it. It was definitely a key element that sucked me in in the beginning...I had previously never encountered such a thing.
Once again, taking my comments and twisting them so much that I don't even want to bother commenting on the majority of it.

You can puke all you want, but one look at her lyrics and it becomes painfully obvious. It became more and more apparent as the years wore on. I think there was a great shift in her persona where she went from being this feminine-yet-strong woman to being this innocent, inverted woman, almost childlike. There's nothing wrong with it, but it certainly doesn't make her sexy in my book. I think she's brave for putting out such personal songs, but that's the extent of it.

Old 09-29-2004, 09:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
Once again, taking my comments and twisting them so much that I don't even want to bother commenting on the majority of it.

You can puke all you want, but one look at her lyrics and it becomes painfully obvious. It became more and more apparent as the years wore on. I think there was a great shift in her persona where she went from being this feminine-yet-strong woman to being this innocent, inverted woman, almost childlike. There's nothing wrong with it, but it certainly doesn't make her sexy in my book. I think she's brave for putting out such personal songs, but that's the extent of it.
I don't feel I twisted your words. I quoted you and then gave my 2 cents on what you said. I never put words in your mouth: "You said...", etc.

And, yes, I'm still puking at your choice of words.....