Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-23-2007, 05:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTFLCHLD View Post
30-odd year bullchit is what it is.

An interesting read http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/abstract/vi.htm
I understand the seriousness of the situation. I'm not defending violence.

Old 05-23-2007, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
Ummm - I think John beat the hell out her, but that is just speculation. I base that on Stevie's saying that she and CM would hide in their condos when John would come over late at night enraged and drunk.
haha u think? she's gott bigger muscles and would have taken one of those boots and shoved it up hiz little arse...

i seriously doubt it... i've heard he was verbally abusive... but there's nothing stated in the memoirs that he got physical... maybe CAH will shed the light!!!
Old 05-23-2007, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
Touche'.
right!!?
Old 05-23-2007, 05:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Nobody should hit anybody period....... but again, it was a rock and roll band w/ heavy drug use, lots of booze and many many emotions....

having said that.... ever notice nobody ****ed w/ Christine
Kudos to Christine, the strongest and wisest woman in FM who's been able, most of time, to get respect from the men she worked or had a love story with.

About the rest, I find really pathetic who try to justify, for any reason, men who get violent with women saying that they maybe have been provocated. This double standard for rockstars is sickening. Does anybody know what happened to Marie Trintignant?
Anyway I really hope LB hasn't been phisically violent with any women because that would bring my conception of him as a man close to zero.
By the way I won't buy CAH book as I didn't buy Mick's book. I prefer to see them as they're now and not to put my nose in those Pandora's vases.

Romy

Non vogliate negar l'esperienza
di retro al sol, del mondo sanza gente
Considerate la vostra semenza
fatti non foste a viver come bruti
ma per seguir virtute e canoscenza ~ Dante Alighieri, Divina Commedia, Inferno Canto XXVI

Last edited by Serrart; 05-23-2007 at 05:34 PM..
Old 05-23-2007, 06:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
I heard that too and other stuff as well. But, I often wonder what the context was in that and when it occurred? Was it in the Rumors era and/or did it continue to the TITN sessions.

Also, was Stevie provoking him or retaliating to him making fun of her songs.

I also go the impression that Wong never really liked La Nicks or CM that much. But, that is just my speculation.
From what she told me it started right after they joined the band and it went on til TITN. After that Judy stopped working for them (they actually dedicated TITN to her).

Lindsey used to make a lot of fun of her songs (he called them "flakey"), made statements in the press like:"She had an infidelity problem" which of course pissed her off. Stevie was no saint either. I used to have a tape of some of the Tusk sessions where they argue over some songs. From what I could understand they were supposed to do a song by Stevie but she didn't bring the tape or whatever and then she goes:"So where are your songs, hotshot?". You hear somebody get up and slam the door. I assume it's Lindsey. I don't have that tape anymore, my recorder ate it (ok, I confess, I wore it out).

Judy was very font of Stevie and Christine. She was however closer to CM than to La Nicks because she had her own friends and entourage but I never got the impression that she didn't like her. She loved Stevie and as far as I know the feeling was mutual.

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced
Old 05-23-2007, 06:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Is it known what Christine has been through? Or any of them for that matter?
Old 05-23-2007, 06:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by danax6 View Post
Who knows. Lindsey was more of a booze and pot kind of guy, never too big on the white stuff, and we all heard that as Stevie's cocaine addiction got worse, so got her attitude. The drama queen that she is, I can definitely see her reacting to certain things in a childish and unreasonable manner, which I am sure could get very aggravating at times. And then there was ofcourse the jealousy... on both sides. In one of those conversations between Sara Fleetwood and Beverly Vance it got brought up how Stevie reacted to other women and it wasn't pretty. Apparantly it instigated a lot of fights. She on the other hand has always said it was Lindsey that had a huge problem with her bringing other men around, that she could handle it.
Somehow I highly doubt she could handle it. Like you said, there was jealousy on both sides.

You got a sweet heart
Old 05-23-2007, 06:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tee Dee View Post
Thank you for posting this. It gives a different perspective, especially an "insider" perspective.

It reminded me of the VH1 Behind the Music on Lindsey's solo work.

There is a segment on the song WRONG - Mr. Rock Cock refers to Mick -(Piggie in the Middle is a chapter in Mick's book), etc. When interviewing Mick (about the book & song) Mick's answer was "It was a terrible betrayal."

So what does THAT mean? It never happened? He should never have divulged the info?

The chorus of the song -- "The man just got it wrong." -- obviously meaning Mick???

Any comments?
I'm not a "insider", never was. I just happened to be crazy enough to call people and have 1200 dollar phonebills

I think when Mick said:"It was a terrible betrayal" he meant that he never should've said it. He should've kept it private.

You got a sweet heart

Last edited by The Catdancer; 05-23-2007 at 06:27 PM..
Old 05-23-2007, 06:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew View Post
While I'm sure Stevie isn't innocent (none of us are -- we've all done things to purposely needle someone else, from time to time), there were a couple comments made in this thread that concerned me. I hope no one was implying that Lindsey's actions were somehow justified because Stevie "instigated it" or was "being a bitch," but it sure sounded like it.

It's going to be automatically assumed that I'm defending Stevie here, but that's not really the case. I just can't think of any instance where hitting or slapping a woman is acceptable -- unless she's coming at you with a weapon.
Believe me when I say I would never defend a man who hits a woman. I've been in a very abusive relationship for almost 5 years and thank God I had the courage to leave. I know what I'm talking about. I'm only saying that Stevie was no saint either and neither was I, but that doesn't justify him hitting her or my ex hitting me (to a point that my own doctor didn't even recognize me).

You got a sweet heart
Old 05-23-2007, 06:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Catdancer View Post
Somehow I highly doubt she could handle it. Like you said, there was jealousy on both sides.
Ofcourse. I never bought it when she said she could handle it. I mean, she once described one of "the worst nights in Fleetwood Mac" being when she walked in on Lindsey and Christine working on a song together (World Turning). If that was already too much...
Old 05-23-2007, 06:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Ofcourse. I never bought it when she said she could handle it. I mean, she once described one of "the worst nights in Fleetwood Mac" being when she walked in on Lindsey and Christine working on a song together (World Turning). If that was already too much...
I remember that. She was jealous of the fact that he and Chris could work together and that their voices were so compatible, she felt left out. On the other hand it's understandable that she was insecure, after all they were after Lindsey and only because of him saying:"You need to take my gf too or else there's no deal" she was in. It's probably why she referred to herself to Fleetwood Mac's "extra housecat"

It couldn't have been easy for either of them. The only footage I have of Lindsey flaunting his gf (CAH) in front of Stevie are the Rumours doc tapes in Japan and I was like:"I would've killed him... her... both". I'm sure it was the same for him when she was dating. Like they always say:"When you break up with somebody you don't see them the next day" but they had to work together...... How they got through that, is a mystery to me.

You got a sweet heart
Old 05-23-2007, 06:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I remember that. She was jealous of the fact that he and Chris could work together and that their voices were so compatible, she felt left out. On the other hand it's understandable that she was insecure, after all they were after Lindsey and only because of him saying:"You need to take my gf too or else there's no deal" she was in. It's probably why she referred to herself to Fleetwood Mac's "extra housecat"
Yes, that had certainly to do with a lot of things on a professional level, but on a personal level also. Here's the quote I was talking about:

"The worst time really for me was, when we were doing that first album, was that Lindsey had been writing World Turning and I really wanted... I was his girlfriend too, you know, so you’ve got to realize that made me extra sensitive. And I really wanted to help with the song and he turned away completely and asked Chris. And that was the worst night of me being in Fleetwood Mac, because I went out to the parking lot and sat in the car and cried because I couldn’t figure out why he would tell me no and tell her yes. And it wasn’t even Christine, it was Lindsey that I was really bummed with, because I was so hurt. Then I realized as the days and weeks went on after that, that if we were going to do this, I was going to have to share him a little bit. And I was going to have to back off, because Christine certainly, of all people, didn’t want to cause any trouble between Lindsey and me. Just her as a musician and singer and a really nice lady that was becoming a friend of Lindsey’s, probably the kind of friend that I never was, nor will I ever be... he could accept her in a lot of ways that he couldn’t accept me. Because I loved her, it was alright. If I hadn’t had liked Christine, it would have been impossible. I would have had to leave, because I would have been so jealous."

Quote:
It couldn't have been easy for either of them. The only footage I have of Lindsey flaunting his gf (CAH) in front of Stevie are the Rumours doc tapes in Japan and I was like:"I would've killed him... her... both". I'm sure it was the same for him when she was dating. Like they always say:"When you break up with somebody you don't see them the next day" but they had to work together...... How they got through that, is a mystery to me.
I hear ya. I would never have been able to do it. I would definitely have been the person that went "you, sit in the back", like Stevie was towards CAH on that plane.

Last edited by danax6; 05-23-2007 at 06:53 PM..
Old 05-23-2007, 06:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew View Post
I still don't see how that excuses a 6' tall, 175lb guy hitting a 5'1", 115lb woman.

You don't hit a child and you don't hit a woman. Period.
Bravo Johnny Stew...very well said
Old 05-23-2007, 07:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes, that had certainly to do with a lot of things on a professional level, but on a personal level also. Here's the quote I was talking about:

"The worst time really for me was, when we were doing that first album, was that Lindsey had been writing World Turning and I really wanted... I was his girlfriend too, you know, so you’ve got to realize that made me extra sensitive. And I really wanted to help with the song and he turned away completely and asked Chris. And that was the worst night of me being in Fleetwood Mac, because I went out to the parking lot and sat in the car and cried because I couldn’t figure out why he would tell me no and tell her yes. And it wasn’t even Christine, it was Lindsey that I was really bummed with, because I was so hurt. Then I realized as the days and weeks went on after that, that if we were going to do this, I was going to have to share him a little bit. And I was going to have to back off, because Christine certainly, of all people, didn’t want to cause any trouble between Lindsey and me. Just her as a musician and singer and a really nice lady that was becoming a friend of Lindsey’s, probably the kind of friend that I never was, nor will I ever be... he could accept her in a lot of ways that he couldn’t accept me. Because I loved her, it was alright. If I hadn’t had liked Christine, it would have been impossible. I would have had to leave, because I would have been so jealous."
I never read this, hmm interesting to say the least. She sounds kind of possesive to me:"I had to share him a little bit".

Quote:
I hear ya. I would never have been able to do it. I would definitely have been the person that went "you, sit in the back", like Stevie was towards CAH on that plane.
I would've told CAH to get lost I don't think I have that part. At least I don't remember seeing them on a plane. I have one tape and I thought that it was all there was.

You got a sweet heart
Old 05-23-2007, 09:07 PM
Registered

Quote:
I never read this, hmm interesting to say the least. She sounds kind of possesive to me:"I had to share him a little bit".

...I don't think I have that part. At least I don't remember seeing them on a plane. I have one tape and I thought that it was all there was.
To my knowledge, there are 3 DVD's of footage - my copy is called Mick's Lost Japan Tapes. Maybe some of the rest of you have more footage and with a different name.