The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: What song would you most like to see Chris perform in London?
World Turning 3 3.37%
Don't Stop 8 8.99%
Songbird 26 29.21%
You Make Loving Fun 11 12.36%
Say You Love Me 9 10.11%
Everywhere 4 4.49%
Little Lies 13 14.61%
Over My Head 2 2.25%
Oh Daddy 5 5.62%
Other (Main Set: The Chain, Dreams -- OR-- Very Unlikely: Isn't It Midnight, Hold Me, etc.) 8 8.99%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-22-2013, 02:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbbiJoy78 View Post
It would have been a dream to see Stevie, Lindsey and Christine singing Little Lies with all those layers in their voices. sigh...and then followed maybe by just one slow Chris song. Perhaps Songbird.
I would die if they chose Little Lies. The three of them have never performed this song together live, never with Lindsey, and not even for The Dance (and it was a huge hit!!). The layering of their voices is one of the reasons I love the song, and it made me appreciate the sense of longing Christine captures and the sheer power of Stevie Nicks' voice in her brief vocals. This would be absolutely incredible.
Old 06-19-2013, 10:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I voted fot Songbird, but actually I'd like to see a "band" Christine song, then YMLF is my choice. 2 songs would be great.
Old 06-20-2013, 12:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
I voted fot Songbird, but actually I'd like to see a "band" Christine song, then YMLF is my choice. 2 songs would be great.
I'll think we'll get at least 2 songs ("Don't Stop" and "World Turning") so I'm hoping for at least 3. Just one song that isn't a normal part of the set.
Old 06-24-2013, 03:36 PM
Junior Ledgie

I'm being greedy and want a Christine set. But if that doesn't happen (highly likely) I would like a song LB and SN don't do right now like Don't Stop and World Turning.
Old 06-27-2013, 01:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I always have loved Love In Store live and on the album. But any song with her would be great.
Old 06-27-2013, 01:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Catdancer View Post
I went with Songbird. To me the show is not quite over until they play that song. Maybe I'm being nostalgic.
I was almost going to vote for that one. It is classic Chris.
Old 06-27-2013, 01:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Oh Daddy is probably my favorite Christine song of all time, so I hope it's in the setlist. I highly doubt it, but it would be wonderful nonetheless.

It would be neat to hear it done like on the re-release of Rumours with Stevie singing background. I really love the way their voices sound together in that song.

(love the photo in your signature too, by the way)
Old 06-28-2013, 03:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanscot View Post
I'm being greedy and want a Christine set. But if that doesn't happen (highly likely) I would like a song LB and SN don't do right now like Don't Stop and World Turning.
I would like a Christine set too - either extend the set or drop some BN songs and replace them with Christine songs (if it were up to me, Not That Funny, Sara, Never Going Back Again, Eyes of the World, Stand Back and Say Goodbye would get the flick). If they did a Christine set it would be great to hear songs like Believe Me, Why, Warm Ways, Think About Me, Hold Me, Little Lies... you know, songs that they have not done in a long time.

Oh and if Christine suddenly catches the performance bug and chooses to accompany the rest of the band on the remainder of the tour ... fantastic, would love to see her in Australia!

Realistically though, I would be thrilled to watch a professionally filmed DVD next year of the 2013 London show with Chris performing Don't Stop, World Turning, Everywhere and closing the show with Songbird.
Old 06-28-2013, 08:40 AM
Senior Ledgie

So who wants to hop a flight to London with me?

I think I have a different opinion on what I most want to hear if I were actually going to be there versus just watching it on YouTube, you know? I think in person Songbird would be incredible to hear. It'd make me cry the way I cried for Landslide- sort of a "I can't believe I'm really hear at this concert and it feels like I've gone back in time... To my childhood listening to these songs, to the 70s (which was before I was even born)... So I'd love that and I'd be very happy to hear it on YouTube and may cry (might be mixed with jealous tears that I didn't get to see it in person!). But probably my favorite Christine song is Everywhere and I haven't actually voted yet in the poll because I'm stuck between three songs but gosh I loved "Everywhere" on The Dance. I love the lyrics and the long held out "Oh IIIIIIIIIIIIIIII" and the way it sort of speeds all up "wanna be with you everywhere" Its just so fun. Heck I want to see that live because it'd just be an absolute blast!

Lastly I also totally agree about "Little Lies" and the harmonies and just ahh.
Old 06-28-2013, 12:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

"Get Like You Used To Be"
Old 06-28-2013, 01:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
"Get Like You Used To Be"
I'm On My Way would get my vote if we're going that far back.

How cool would it be if she did a series of club appearances in London where she performed nothing but pre '75 stuff? I'm kinda surprised she hasn't done anything like that, actually... formed a small side band like Mick or John have, just for the fun of it.
Old 06-28-2013, 03:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, Christine hasn't done anything, period. So I don't think it's that surprising she hasn't played Mondays at the Canterbury pub or side gigs in London.

secret love: I could actually see that - Christine joining the band for World Turning, Don't Stop, and then adding Everywhere and Songbird.

TimeCastASpell: I completely agree. I loved how the band updated Everywhere for The Dance. I wish they could've used that opportunity to do the same for Little Lies, as I've said a few times in this thread. If Little Lies is performed in London, I would go crazy, as it would be the first time Lindsey has sung the song live. I would want to be there for that.

Here's how certain scenarios might play out:

1. Christine joins the band for World Turning and Don't Stop = As great as it would be for her to be onstage again, I probably would be a little disappointed she didn't offer more.

2. Christine plays those two songs, and adds one other = Probably the most likely scenario. I think that song would be a full-band song: either You Make Loving Fun, Say You Love Me (they did perform this one for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction, so it means something to the band and Chris), or for the U.K. audience Everywhere.

3. Christine plays the two anthem songs, and adds two encore songs, including one of the songs mentioned above (You Make Loving Fun, Say You Love Me, or Everywhere) and Songbird = This would be great, maybe somewhat likely. I'm still not sure though that Songbird would close the concert in this scenario, because remember this is the Lindsey and Stevie show, they are billed on the ticket and promotional items. I don't think Christine would want to take away from the members touring with her brief presence in the concert.

4. We get a song that catches everyone by surprise in addition to one of the above scenarios: Little Lies, Oh Daddy, or Hold Me = As much as I'd love to hear Little Lies, probably a fool's chance of happening. You guys are crazy if you think she'll perform a pre-Rumours era Fleetwood Mac song.

5. Christine plays the entire concert, adding her voice to classics like The Chain and Dreams, which would finally be complete with her. Several songs of hers are added to the set while others are removed, as secret love indicates above = Well, as great as this would be, I don't think this would happen at all. Imagine how the Internet would explode if it did...eh, that might happen anyway.
Old 06-28-2013, 04:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethelblues View Post
Well, Christine hasn't done anything, period. So I don't think it's that surprising she hasn't played Mondays at the Canterbury pub or side gigs in London.

secret love: I could actually see that - Christine joining the band for World Turning, Don't Stop, and then adding Everywhere and Songbird.

TimeCastASpell: I completely agree. I loved how the band updated Everywhere for The Dance. I wish they could've used that opportunity to do the same for Little Lies, as I've said a few times in this thread. If Little Lies is performed in London, I would go crazy, as it would be the first time Lindsey has sung the song live. I would want to be there for that.

Here's how certain scenarios might play out:

1. Christine joins the band for World Turning and Don't Stop = As great as it would be for her to be onstage again, I probably would be a little disappointed she didn't offer more.

2. Christine plays those two songs, and adds one other = Probably the most likely scenario. I think that song would be a full-band song: either You Make Loving Fun, Say You Love Me (they did perform this one for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction, so it means something to the band and Chris), or for the U.K. audience Everywhere.

3. Christine plays the two anthem songs, and adds two encore songs, including one of the songs mentioned above (You Make Loving Fun, Say You Love Me, or Everywhere) and Songbird = This would be great, maybe somewhat likely. I'm still not sure though that Songbird would close the concert in this scenario, because remember this is the Lindsey and Stevie show, they are billed on the ticket and promotional items. I don't think Christine would want to take away from the members touring with her brief presence in the concert.

4. We get a song that catches everyone by surprise in addition to one of the above scenarios: Little Lies, Oh Daddy, or Hold Me = As much as I'd love to hear Little Lies, probably a fool's chance of happening. You guys are crazy if you think she'll perform a pre-Rumours era Fleetwood Mac song.

5. Christine plays the entire concert, adding her voice to classics like The Chain and Dreams, which would finally be complete with her. Several songs of hers are added to the set while others are removed, as secret love indicates above = Well, as great as this would be, I don't think this would happen at all. Imagine how the Internet would explode if it did...eh, that might happen anyway.
Yeah, the first two scenarios are definitely by far the most likely ones.
Old 06-28-2013, 08:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I would guess that they probably would want Christine to come on during the end of the set as a "surprise," but if they have her there to perform and she doesn't sing on The Chain, that's just a travesty. Since they intend to record the shows, hopefully they (or Mick) realize this.

They should actually open with her and The Chain and leave SHN for later. Then, if she is not going to stay through the night, she can go away until the end of the set.

The fact that they are going to record gives me more hope that she will be there for more than one night. They probably want more than one recording so that they can pick the best moments from each as they did with other live DVDs. So, if they are recording, I would think she'd be there for at least two nights.

Michele
Old 06-28-2013, 09:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I would guess that they probably would want Christine to come on during the end of the set as a "surprise," but if they have her there to perform and she doesn't sing on The Chain, that's just a travesty. Since they intend to record the shows, hopefully they (or Mick) realize this.

They should actually open with her and The Chain and leave SHN for later. Then, if she is not going to stay through the night, she can go away until the end of the set.

The fact that they are going to record gives me more hope that she will be there for more than one night. They probably want more than one recording so that they can pick the best moments from each as they did with other live DVDs. So, if they are recording, I would think she'd be there for at least two nights.

Michele
Yeah, my guess is they'll save her for the end as the special guest. Having her open the show with them makes it more like she's part of the band, which she's not. It's their show, not hers, after all. But maybe something like when Stevie appeared on the Tom Petty concert dvd where she came in the middle and did a couple songs and then returned at the end for a couple more.