Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-10-2016, 08:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default How long does LB give it?

How long does LB wait it out for a FM album, before he decides to do at least a small tour of his own? Or another homemade type album like Seeds?

I really need my LB solo fix
Old 02-10-2016, 11:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I'm guessing Lindsey will give it the remainder of 2016 before he officially moves on. I think he really wants a FM album to happen, and he's giving it every chance to germinate. That being said, it's been 5 years since Seeds We Sow, and I'm guessing he's itching for a creative outlet. It wouldn't surprise me if he's been dabbling in his studio, just as a contingency.
Old 02-10-2016, 08:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I'm guessing Lindsey will give it the remainder of 2016 before he officially moves on. I think he really wants a FM album to happen, and he's giving it every chance to germinate. That being said, it's been 5 years since Seeds We Sow, and I'm guessing he's itching for a creative outlet. It wouldn't surprise me if he's been dabbling in his studio, just as a contingency.
if the events of 2010-11 and again 2012 are any indication, he will go solo some time this year. whether a new release or a tour, who knows. he can do both easily, he's got tons of new music and he still owes fans a request tour (not to mention UK/Ire tour).

i hope he goes solo, instead of sitting on his hands hoarding new music and waiting.

5 years since the last studio album solo release is getting to be a long long time.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-10-2016, 08:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan4136 View Post
How long does LB wait it out for a FM album, before he decides to do at least a small tour of his own? Or another homemade type album like Seeds?

I really need my LB solo fix
i hear you and feel your pain.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-10-2016, 09:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

There will be no solo tour or solo album before the Mac album release. It's not's going to happen. After all the work that's been done thus far with Chris,Mick and John.
Old 02-11-2016, 06:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Maybe he took six weeks off. But I cannot imagine him not working again. Maybe he does sessions with John now. I don't think that he is on the Chris-LB recordings yet. I don't think he's working on solo work or preparing solo touring. He wants that Mac album.

Last edited by shackin'up; 02-11-2016 at 06:59 AM..
Old 02-11-2016, 08:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
if the events of 2010-11 and again 2012 are any indication, he will go solo some time this year. whether a new release or a tour, who knows. he can do both easily, he's got tons of new music and he still owes fans a request tour (not to mention UK/Ire tour).

i hope he goes solo, instead of sitting on his hands hoarding new music and waiting.

5 years since the last studio album solo release is getting to be a long long time.
I have a feeling he won't be abandoning his recent album work with Christine so easily. I don't know if it was just PR, but they genuinely seemed to be having the time of their lives recording together. They've even said that this material will surface with or without Stevie.

That being said, for the first time in my life, I think I'd actually rather get a solo album first. I've always had a Fleetwood Mac First mentality, but I have a strong suspicion I will enjoy a new solo album from Lindsey more than I'd enjoy a new Mac album. I most certainly would enjoy a Lindsey tour more than another Mac one. I think I've sworn off those for life.

Last edited by louielouie2000; 02-11-2016 at 08:46 AM..
Old 02-12-2016, 12:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think Lindsey and Christine should work on their own project together. If mick and john want to play, even better. I'd rather have that than a pieced together Fleetwood Mac album with minimal participation from Ms.Nicks.

On a side note, it's pretty hysterical that she somehow thinks that releasing SFV during the Mac tour prevented it from being regarded as some masterpiece of her career. Album sales would most likely not have been affected by playing a 8k seater in youngstown,ohio again. These days she seems more invested in the press attention and touring behind an album than she is in the actual making of an album. I'm sure if she tours this summer, we'll all be treated to a 15 minute speech about the album she did in 2013 that nooooooobody heard.

I know that all sounds so negative, but it is what it is these days.
Old 02-12-2016, 05:37 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
I think Lindsey and Christine should work on their own project together. If mick and john want to play, even better. I'd rather have that than a pieced together Fleetwood Mac album with minimal participation from Ms.Nicks.
I strongly agree.
Old 02-14-2016, 06:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
I think Lindsey and Christine should work on their own project together. If mick and john want to play, even better.
I also strongly agree. I honestly don't think Stevie has anything to add to a FM album at this point. She's lost her enthusiasm for recording with the band. It will just be a crying shame if the recording already done by Christine and Lindsey never sees the light of day.
Old 02-15-2016, 02:45 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
It will just be a crying shame if the recording already done by Christine and Lindsey never sees the light of day.
Yes... and it hit me that it's already been two years since they recorded together. I just hope it does see the light of day.
Old 02-15-2016, 10:01 AM
Ledgie

I think Lindsey is closer to releasing another solo project independently. He has new material that can be released solo or with Fleetwood Mac. Until Fleetwood Mac decides what it doing, Lindsey should release a long play or a series of extended plays, and plan on a brief solo tour.

Fleetwood Mac should plan on being active in 2017 taking into consideration the 50th anniversary of the band and the 40th anniversary of Rumours.