Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-03-2003, 10:44 AM
Ledgie

Default Short MCI review + thoughts

Hay, I’m a huge Stevie fan, and she was lovely as usual. I didn’t get to lick her eyeballs, but maybe next time? Lindsey was amazing. He certainly has talent, and a strong stage presence this tour. The crowd was lively, and my little section of the event surrounded me with very fine people. I had sec.3, row 6 tickets, and I’m glad I didn’t get seats closer to the stage in sec. 2 During Mick’s vest solo he spewed large amounts of oral fluids (SPIT!) into the crowd three rows back. He should think about duct taping a coffee filter to his mouth if it continues? Other then that I met Chris Nicks. He was an a$$hole. I yelled “Fire Johnathan Todd” two times, and I know Lindsey, and Mick heard it. Lindsey looked at Mick with disgust as if to say “Yeah get rid of the Turdman alread" The show was worth the money, but the person, or persons in charge of putting Turdman, and his police in control of their fanclub sure cut short an experience of a lifetime for all. Johnathan Todds business practices ruined what would have been magic for F/Mac. I’m sure F/Mac is having a great time, but we could have made it so much more TOGETHER, and connected. The fans are capable of great things, and it’s a shame a lot of that was soured by JT. A nice official fanclub, chatroom, and F/Mac website to share our experiences with the band, and fans would have been a great follow up to the shows, but Turdman, and his rent a cops ruined that part. That’s a real shame! “Fire the bastard already.” I’m pooped. Later guys, and gals…….Mark
I am a rogue Penguin who has a penchant for free thought and expression. You have cast your lot with the revisionists AKA the Maoists, the Nazis, the PolPots ye verily the unthinking forces of darkness which i will rail against with the flapping flippers of a small flightless bird until i get bored and swim away!

Last edited by mmm stevie nick; 03-10-2008 at 07:32 PM..
Old 10-03-2003, 12:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Why was Chris Nicks an asshole?
Old 10-03-2003, 01:31 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by golden braid
Why was Chris Nicks an asshole?
I saw Chris walking down isle 111-112, and he had to stop for some people getting to their seats. When I came up I said “Hay Chris. I hope you’re having fun with the tour. Stevies being here tonight means a lot to many of us.” He didn’t say a word, and gave me a weird look. Walked down the steps, and went behind the barricade. He bumped into 1 girl, and kept going without acknowledging it. When he walked past Sharon she gave him a look like stay away from me. Other stage crew behind the barricade rolled their eyes at each other. He didn’t look like a happy camper, and Ive seen him before acting the same way, but never said hello to him. Maybe it was a bad hair weave day? LOL
I am a rogue Penguin who has a penchant for free thought and expression. You have cast your lot with the revisionists AKA the Maoists, the Nazis, the PolPots ye verily the unthinking forces of darkness which i will rail against with the flapping flippers of a small flightless bird until i get bored and swim away!
Old 10-03-2003, 03:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by mmm stevie nick
I saw Chris walking down isle 111-112, and he had to stop for some people getting to their seats. When I came up I said “Hay Chris. I hope you’re having fun with the tour. Stevies being here tonight means a lot to many of us.” He didn’t say a word, and gave me a weird look. Walked down the steps, and went behind the barricade. He bumped into 1 girl, and kept going without acknowledging it. When he walked past Sharon she gave him a look like stay away from me. Other stage crew behind the barricade rolled their eyes at each other. He didn’t look like a happy camper, and Ive seen him before acting the same way, but never said hello to him. Maybe it was a bad hair weave day? LOL
That just confirms what we already know: Chris Nicks is an ass. I truly can't stand the man. But anyways...

I'm glad you had a great time! I'm also glad that you remembered to yell that out, because I forgot to at my show with all of the excitement and awe! It's great that Lindsey can see through JT.

Old 10-03-2003, 03:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default yes... it was a great show..

I'm still amazed how much better the band sounded (and tighter) than their last visit to MCI in May. It may be the same setlist, but they have definitely fine tuned their act.. excellent show.

The MCI (which was sold out last May) was about 2/3 full - a good Thursday night crowd! I got to share the experience with Torri, and we had excellent seats on Stevie's side.. and were lucky to have fellow standers behind us, so we could enjoy the show on our feet! Stevie has aged so beautifully.. i hope to look like her when i'm in my fifties.. she was in full force, spinning in her reeboks, blowing kisses to someone in the audience, and she even took a gold/orangish color scarf that someone gave to her and she put it around her neck, wearing it as she rocked on stage. The "I still need you" line in 'Beautiful Child' was perfect! Stevie was wonderful, last night.

LIndsey got a lot of positive reviews from the men last - the comments in the men's room after the show were mainly about how amazing his guitar playing was. The menfolk were impressed. As soon as I finish here, I'm headed to Rolling Stone to email them about leaving Lindsey off the top 100 guitarist poll. Obviously, they haven't seen him live!

I wasn't planning on buying a shirt last night, but they had a new black one that had pictures of the band in front.. in various shades of color.. like the rainbow.. and on the back.. ALL of the U.s. tour dates are listed.. it was cool to see the hometown listed twice!

I didn't even notice the new back up singer.. actually, I didn't notice much except for Stevie, Lindsey, and John. Mick's drum solo bores me and is timed just about right (so that is when i went potty and t-shirt shopping). I love World Turning, and listened to the beginning.. and the end.. ah, perfect.

and one of the many highlights - Say Goodbye.. the majority of the arena was actually listening to the song! and it was beautiful..the Best in Show!

It was a great one!! Thanks to the Mac for still rocking for us fans!! I hope to catch them again!
Old 10-03-2003, 04:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Good to hear from you, Keith! I was thinking about you last night! Glad you enjoyed it, and got to see them again!!

SA and Houston, here I come!!!

Old 10-03-2003, 11:42 PM
Senior Ledgie

~~~Nice review...so glad you and Torri got to share the fun of the DC concert. Yes, the band just keeps getting better and better.~~~
"These days Lindsey deals with me on a much kinder level. And I'm more willing to be open with him. It's nice to think that I might go to my grave being Lindsey's friend and not a thorn in his side for all eternity."
~~~Stevie Nicks - August, 1997~~~