User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-29-2019, 01:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Again ..she is not getting in as a solo artist for her body of work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
No she isn’t. Her star has risen with time though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Yeah ..she is pretty much the Elizabeth Taylor of rock stars ..she doesn't have to do anything new creatively to be famous.. Liz was a much better person though.
Hence why many think the RRHOF is a bit of a joke..... I mean, if it's not based on your body of work.... Otherwise it's just a popularity contest or a bribery contest.
Old 03-29-2019, 02:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kak125 View Post
Stevie's setlist for tomorrow...

1."Stand Back"
2."Leather and lace" (with Don Henley)
3."Stop Draggin' my heart around" (with Harry Styles)
4."Edge of seventeen"

I thought she was getting in as a solo artist?

If Prince and Tom were still here that would be
three out of four songs. If you know what I'm
saying.
Old 03-29-2019, 06:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Blondie, Journey, the Pretenders, Lindsey Ronstadt, Heart, Kiss, and many, many others haven't had hits in a long time but were still inducted. Does anybody know what FM played at their induction? I'm pretty sure whatever they performed, it was several decades old, too. How about the Rolling Stones? Did they play the #1 hit from their last album? No, because their last album didn't have a song that went to #1.
Old 03-29-2019, 07:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Blondie, Journey, the Pretenders, Lindsey Ronstadt, Heart, Kiss, and many, many others haven't had hits in a long time but were still inducted. Does anybody know what FM played at their induction? I'm pretty sure whatever they performed, it was several decades old, too. How about the Rolling Stones? Did they play the #1 hit from their last album? No, because their last album didn't have a song that went to #1.
Agreed. After all, I'm sure nobody has ever leaned heavily on a 42 year old album *cough, Rumours* for their setlist.

Last edited by Feather Blade; 03-29-2019 at 07:59 AM..
Old 03-29-2019, 10:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Landslide and SYLM (the Dance version). Not sure about the others
Old 03-29-2019, 11:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
They did Big Love

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 03-29-2019, 11:56 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
They did Big Love
Yeesh... I guess 1 out of 3 isn't bad. I loved the redone version of SYLM for The Dance, but the other two seem like very selfish choices. I mean, the BAND was being inducted, and they picked 2 songs that are guitar-only... Not to mention the fact that the only reason SnL were able to be inducted in 1998 was because the band formed some 7+ years before they even joined.

Oh well, no sense getting annoyed about something that happened 21 years ago but I had forgotten that was the setlist. I should know better though, the RRHOF live performances pop up on Spotify all the time. I guess I would have expected the Rhiannon-GYOW-Don't Stop mix they did for the Grammys, just not a medley.

As for Stevie's, it's not really a surprise. She's playing the hits. The only high-charting song of hers not on this list, Talk to Me, didn't age very well, IMO...
Old 03-29-2019, 12:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeets2000 View Post
Yeesh... I guess 1 out of 3 isn't bad. I loved the redone version of SYLM for The Dance, but the other two seem like very selfish choices. I mean, the BAND was being inducted, and they picked 2 songs that are guitar-only... Not to mention the fact that the only reason SnL were able to be inducted in 1998 was because the band formed some 7+ years before they even joined.

As for Stevie's, it's not really a surprise. She's playing the hits. The only high-charting song of hers not on this list, Talk to Me, didn't age very well, IMO...
I agree, Go Your Own Way and Dreams would have been more appropriate choices. Big Love and Landslide, as performed by FM, come across more like solo songs.

I love Talk to Me, but she didn't write it, so I can see why she chose the songs she's doing. And yes, I'm aware she didn't write Stop Dragging My Heart, but I can see why she's singing that. First solo single and as a tribute to Tom Petty, who I have no doubt would have been the one to induct her in the Hall if he hadn't died.
Old 03-29-2019, 02:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeets2000 View Post
It was a really strange set for them to do for the hall of fame. They had just finished a tour and could have played Go Your Own Way and The Chain in their sleep. Why they decided to do the two acoustic numbers (with three of the five members out of the picture) is a mystery we may never solve. Another big mystery that year was why Green (who was inducted as a Fleetwood Mac member) only performed with Santana (on Black Magic Woman). It was a weird situation all around, and Fleetwood Mac came out of it looking like freaks. That hall of fame is supposed to be a loose, fun celebration, but Fleetwood Mac's bad judgment turned it all dour. They are often their own worst enemy—have you noticed?

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 03-29-2019, 02:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I wonder how many people in the audience Stevie has slept with?
Old 03-29-2019, 02:50 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
It was a really strange set for them to do for the hall of fame. They had just finished a tour and could have played Go Your Own Way and The Chain in their sleep. Why they decided to do the two acoustic numbers (with three of the five members out of the picture) is a mystery we may never solve. Another big mystery that year was why Green (who was inducted as a Fleetwood Mac member) only performed with Santana (on Black Magic Woman). It was a weird situation all around, and Fleetwood Mac came out of it looking like freaks. That hall of fame is supposed to be a loose, fun celebration, but Fleetwood Mac's bad judgment turned it all dour. They are often their own worst enemy—have you noticed?
Now that you mention it...
Old 03-29-2019, 06:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie has opened the show with Stand Back. Saw the post on Twitter.

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 03-29-2019, 11:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Another big mystery that year was why Green (who was inducted as a Fleetwood Mac member) only performed with Santana (on Black Magic Woman).
It would have been nice to hear them do “Oh Well,” with Peter and Lindsey.

Quote:
It was a weird situation all around, and Fleetwood Mac came out of it looking like freaks. That hall of fame is supposed to be a loose, fun celebration, but Fleetwood Mac's bad judgment turned it all dour. They are often their own worst enemy—have you noticed?
It was the only one that didn’t have a post-induction jam.

That said, The Mamas & The Papas were even weirder. John Phillips wanted nothing to do with the others.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 03-29-2019, 11:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I couldn’t help but read some stuff on twitter. Apparently Stevie said that Harry Styles was a member of NSYNC, not One Direction and he inducted her!!!! LOL!!!!!!!
Old 03-29-2019, 11:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

She is trending on Twitter.