User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-20-2012, 12:32 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley View Post
So, Kristen was born in 1970. When watching Lindsey's Behind the Music, she sounds so young.

If you think about it, she is really young.
Old 06-20-2012, 12:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Gale Hansen is doing more than not claiming the marriage. His bio is unusual for IMDB in that he emphasizes that his current wife has been his ONLY wife since 1986. I think he is saying that claims to the contrary are a big fat lie and I believe him. Marriage, birth and death certificates are a matter of public record and the information is all online these days. Just as name changes and divorces filings are. If the entry in his bio was false that could be easily established by the same people who made him want to clarify the fact that he wasn't married before in the first place.

Now, you'd have to know what state a person was married in to find a marriage record. Maybe he and Brittney or Kristen weren't married in California. Maybe they were married in Tijuana or Alabama, in which case no one would ever think to check for a license there, but there's also no record of divorce. In California.

At any rate, I believe the correction he has emphasized in his bio.

Michele
Don't know about all that - just pointed out how weird it is. Brittney Hansen, Gale Hansen - not exactly Smith or Jones. That's all.
I have no real care one way or the other. It's just weird.

But, out of curiosity - can't people seal records where they wouldn't be available to the public?

Last edited by CADreaming; 06-20-2012 at 12:42 PM..
Old 06-20-2012, 12:45 PM
CADreaming
This message has been deleted by CADreaming.
Old 06-20-2012, 12:46 PM
CADreaming
This message has been deleted by CADreaming.
Old 06-20-2012, 12:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Don't know about all that - just pointed out how weird it is. Brittney Hansen, Gale Hansen - not exactly Smith or Jones. That's all.
I have no real care one way or the other. It's just weird.

But, out of curiosity - can't people seal records where they wouldn't be available to the public?
You can seal a divorce, but not its filing. Just the contents of the file. So, I could see that you filed for divorce, but I wouldn't be able to access the other paperwork that was filed after the case commenced.

But I see what you mean. I forgot the Briggs filed for divorce in 1996, but that there was no record of further proceedings.
Old 06-20-2012, 01:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You can seal a divorce, but not its filing. Just the contents of the file. So, I could see that you filed for divorce, but I wouldn't be able to access the other paperwork that was filed after the case commenced.

But I see what you mean. I forgot the Briggs filed for divorce in 1996, but that there was no record of further proceedings.
Ok, gotcha. Well, that makes sense. I wondered if everybody's dirty laundry is hanging out there for anyone to see.
Old 06-20-2012, 01:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kara View Post
If you think about it, she is really young.
20+ years younger than the rest of the FM crew.
Old 06-20-2012, 08:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
20+ years younger than the rest of the FM crew.
I remember at the Soundstage taping he said his mother-in-law was in the audience and I was thinking that the mother-in-law must be his own age.

Michele
Old 06-20-2012, 09:35 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
I remember at the Soundstage taping he said his mother-in-law was in the audience and I was thinking that the mother-in-law must be his own age.

Michele
I had thought about that recently too! Just thinking about Stevie's mom passing and how sad Linds must have been....and then thinking he and Kristen's mom are likely the same age.

So Linds was 21 when Kristen was born.... wow
Old 06-23-2012, 04:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

My father is a decade older than my Mother, and I never even thought about it if I'm honest. It doesn't affect their relationship (They leave that to everything else), and it's never affected my brother and I's upbringing. So I don't see an age gap being an issue, really. It isn't as though Lindsey's very affected by his age, after all.
Old 06-23-2012, 05:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^Sometimes the age gap, if large enough, can be a real issue in a relationship. My best friend and her husband have 15 years between them. She said it wasn't a big deal at first, they were building a business and raising children. But, as the years progressed it became more apparent that they didn't share the same interests and had different views of the female role. Even though she loves him and has certainly appreciated the security and stability that attracted her to an older man initially, the generation gap only gets worse with time and in her prime she found herself feeling suffocated, lonely and married to an "old man."
Old 06-23-2012, 05:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Springs View Post
My father is a decade older than my Mother, and I never even thought about it if I'm honest. It doesn't affect their relationship (They leave that to everything else), and it's never affected my brother and I's upbringing. So I don't see an age gap being an issue, really. It isn't as though Lindsey's very affected by his age, after all.
completely with you Bee! my parents had an age gap of 30 years, had a great relationship, and i could never imagine better parents. so i guess the same as you i have a bit different perspective - and LB/KB age difference doesn't really look like that much to me.

Quote:
^Sometimes the age gap, if large enough, can be a real issue in a relationship. My best friend and her husband have 15 years between them. She said it wasn't a big deal at first, they were building a business and raising children. But, as the years progressed it became more apparent that they didn't share the same interests and had different views of the female role. Even though she loves him and has certainly appreciated the security and stability that attracted her to an older man initially, the generation gap only gets worse with time and in her prime she found herself feeling suffocated, lonely and married to an "old man."
it depends on two people, their interests, characters, outlook, tons of things... although the gap between 2 people may be generational, it seems that people you describe had other differences as well, that may or may not stem from their [really not that large] age difference.

in LB's case, he's an extraordinary man, with more energy than people half his age. i can't know anything about his marriage but he seems to be happy and keeps making and performing amazing music - and that's enough for me.
Old 06-23-2012, 08:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

it depends on two people, their interests, characters, outlook, tons of things... although the gap between 2 people may be generational, it seems that people you describe had other differences as well, that may or may not stem from their [really not that large] age difference.
In her case, she was a child of the '60's, born in 1950 and her husband being from a totally different generation, the gap is pretty noticeable at times - they don't listen to the same music (sometimes a generational issue), they came from different economic status (not a generational issue). There are times he is more like her father than her husband and treats her as such (totally a generational issue). I believe my generation has more in common and is more similar to hers - she is 20 years older than me. But, I do know it's made me think twice about dating anyone that much older.

And, that's not to say there aren't exceptions like you & Bee have experienced. Living in the South may also have something to do with it, I don't know. But, other problems that exist: the decline in health of the older partner, being in different places in your life than your mate, retirement, slowing down, emotional changes, just being on a different page altogether. It's really challenging for some couples.

Anything and everything is new and exciting when you are getting to know someone. But, listening to Frank Sinatra when you're dating can easily become that thing that drives you insane when you're married and you're wishing he listened to Fleetwood Mac or the Stones...or Bon Jovi & Journey & Whitney Houston. LOL.

Last edited by CADreaming; 06-23-2012 at 08:48 PM..
Old 06-24-2012, 02:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
other problems that exist: the decline in health of the older partner...

CAD,
I think you hit the nail on the head.
When Lindsey's fallen and can't get
up, will Kristen be there for him?
Old 06-24-2012, 12:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Springs View Post
My husband is 13 years old than I am. It works out well for us. I was always 'older than my age'. The age gap seems nonexistent for us. I rarely even think about the age difference. We both love '70s and '80s music, so that has always been a plus!

I've always leaned toward liking older men, even as a teenager and earlier. No surprise that I would be so into Lindsey!
Old 06-24-2012, 02:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

By the way, my friend and her husband have been married for 34 years. The differences started causing problems about 15 years into the marriage when he started slowing down as she was hitting her stride. She was his mid-life crisis in a way, then when she hit mid-life she realized she was paying a price not being with someone who was from her generation and had some of the same cultural references, shared experiences, views, etc.

Not that it always makes a difference. I just believe eventually the gap shows or at least it in certain areas. And, that doesn't even mean it will cause huge problems.
Old 06-24-2012, 02:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
CAD,
I think you hit the nail on the head.
When Lindsey's fallen and can't get
up, will Kristen be there for him?
It's something they will address, sooner or later for sure.

My cousin is 20 years younger than her husband and several years ago he suffered from a condition that left him partially paralyzed on his left side. I know that I would have struggled with resentment had I been in her shoes. She's handled it well, but I know it's hard even though they love each other very much.

And, we never know -- anyone can get ill despite age. It's just more likely to happen to the older partner first.