User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-02-2007, 05:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I do wonder what Stevie thinks of looks. I mean, Lindsey's looks don't appear to be lost on her. She has noted his beauty when she met him playing California Dreaming, when she wrote Kind of Woman, when she mentions his eyes, etc., but when she has dated guys that aren't traditionally attractive, I think their power and position must have appealed to her, so did that blind her physically or did she overlook the physical (which is actually the mature thing to do, to see deeper than that) or what.

Anyway, she did make me smile:

"Sometimes he takes me back to 1971. He's still thin and pretty gorgeous. Often, I think we live in a parallel universe, where we're not sure if it is 1973 or 2003."
Well, she may be able to appreciate all the stuff that lies beneath the surface, but by no stretch of the imagination is the woman blind! Yeah, I think she's totally into his looks. And, I think looks are pretty important to her too. She looks great for her age, with no work. I've never seen her in person, though.

Anyway, yeah, she digs his eyes for sure! And, I gotta hand it to her - the woman's got good taste!

Oh, and I also think she was/is attracted to him intellectually. He may talk in cycles but I think they probably are able to have pretty deep conversations. She probably was always enamored of him for that. It seems like he must have challenged her on a lot of levels and I think she respects his opinion even if she disagrees.
Old 12-02-2007, 07:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Well, she may be able to appreciate all the stuff that lies beneath the surface, but by no stretch of the imagination is the woman blind!
I'm not sure. Judging from some of her loves, I've thought she was blind. John Stewart did indicate as much. Once she fumbled around, found her glasses and put them on, she may have given herself quite a shock or two over the years.

Michele
Old 12-02-2007, 08:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I'm not sure. Judging from some of her loves, I've thought she was blind. John Stewart did indicate as much. Once she fumbled around, found her glasses and put them on, she may have given herself quite a shock or two over the years.

Michele
I think that Stevie once said that she didn't have her glasses on when she met Joe Walsh.
Old 12-02-2007, 10:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshWitchPMD View Post
I think that Stevie once said that she didn't have her glasses on when she met Joe Walsh.
Obviously, her eyesight had deterioated horribly after meeting Lindsey....

I know this is OT....but she said...

"I walked into a party after a gig at the hotel, and from across the room, without my glasses I saw this man...and I walked straight to him...He held out his hands to me, and I walked straight into them. I remember thinking, I can never be far from this person again...he is my soul."
~Stevie Nicks, on meeting Joe Walsh

What she forgot to add was: "and then I put my glasses on and said, hell, you ain't Lindsey!"

JK - Love to all JW fans.