The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-04-2006, 01:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Lindsey Buckingham - Anaheim, CA. ( I MET LINDSEY!)

So, last night I saw Lindsey Buckingham's concert at the Grove of Anaheim in Anaheim, CA.

I'll first off say I was annoyed at the Grove at first, because I didn't eat before the show because I assumed since the table seating had dinner served, I would be able to buy SOME kind of food before the show, other than cookies and fruit, even though I didn't have a table..but nope.

Anyway, the show itself was phenomenal. I really mean it. Lindsey's voice was in prime condition. The sound at the Grove was phenomenal, and it really felt like you were listening to a professional recording of it. The setlist was the same, no Down on Rodeo though...the crowd was OK, there were some big fans there, but a lot of sit down "go your own way fans."

Lindsey dedicated "Never Goin Back Again" to his wife, and kids. He said they were in the audience, except for Stella. It was a great performance of the tune, the crowd really loved that one. "Red Rover" oddly enough I loved at this show. Sad to say I never even realized till last night that the lyrics contained the words "heaven and hell." I hadn't been that big of a fan of it till now, I felt on the FM tour it sounded mushy and muffled, but here it was very clear and I really enjoyed it.

I felt like "Save Me A Place" sounded excellent. Great addition to the set, glad he decided to add it in. He sang in a very soft, high voice throughout the song, incredible version. The crowd actually seemed to enjoy this one, a lot of "Aww's" in the crowd during it. He seemed to get a little choked up during this one...a few people were talking about it.

He really got into "It Was You," probably because the fam was in the audience. He lit up so much during the "past is gone Williams herrrrrrrrrrrrrreee" and threw his hand in the air when singing it...I really love that song.

SOOOO OK the show was fantastic...right??? Yes it was, one the best shows I've seen. BUTTT, after the show I decided to snoop around the back of the venue and see what was back there. I saw some cars, vans and a bus inside a gate. So I slowly, casually walk over there, start talking to this very nice security guard, little short black dude, and eventually he nods for me to go into the gate! I was freaking out inside, determined not to show. I was literally shaking waiting for Lindsey to come out. There were other fans lined up along the fence, but I was getting the opportunity to meet Lindsey one on one right as he comes out the door.

So I see the wife and kids come out and get in the van and I know he won't be long behind them. So he comes out and starts talking to this guy who he apparently remember from along time ago when he "had hair." Hha, so I'm shaking standing there waiting, then another guy talks with him for about a minute and I take a picture of him and Lindsey for the guy...(STUPID ME DIDNT BRING A CAMERA, I COULD SHOOT MYSELF, ORRR ANYTHING TO SIGN!!) So Lindsey comes to me, shakes my hand, My legs were literally about to give, that's so crazy right? I didn't know what to say, didn't want to look like an ass, but he was very attentive and very patient.. I told him my mom got me into Fleetwood Mac, and I thought UNDER THE SKIN was his best album. He seemed to enjoy that, and I told him my favorite song on it was "It Was you," and he said "ohhh thank you, I love that one too..." He asked me how old I was (I was literally shaking at this point, I even told him at one point I was so nervous), so I'm freaking out that he's actually asking ME a question.

I told him I was only 21, but I've been listening for years, and I said "i feel like i've been a fan for 30 yrs I've made such a connection with the music and your guitar playing just mesmerizes me (yeah I really said that haha)...he then asked me "Do you play?" So check this out guys, I'm so astounded he's engaging in conversation with me that I say "YES A LITTLE, My brother is teaching me.." (this is a ****ing lie and I dont know WHY i said it just came out, now I HAVE to learn to play, haha)...

He said "Awesome, you know I remember being 21 and playing, and it was because of the music I was listening to you know..." (something like that.) So i rambled a little more, told him the show was great, he said "thanks a lot for coming, we'll definetely do this more often!) He shook my hand again and patted me on the shoulder (OMG right?) and said "see ya thanks!) and ran off..

You're probably all thinking : Couldn't you have thought of some GOOD stuff to ask him? Well I was so nervous I'm lucky the sentences I did say, actually came out.

I feel so high right now, I have finally met LB, best experience of my life!

I also got to meet Brett and Taku. Very nice guys, Taku was talking about his wife being on The View, and he also talked a little about Hullaween with Stevie this week. He said it was "Crazy" running to NY to do that show. I asked him if they had to rehearse for it, even know it was all songs they did on tour this year, and he said "no we didnt rehearse we just did a really long soundcheck." He told us Lindsey plans to do more touring, woo hoo, he said Stevie is planning to go out on the road next year, and Fleetwood Mac probably the following year!

So anyway guys, great show, I met Lindsey, I'm still high I wanna freakin tell EVERYONE! haha
Old 11-04-2006, 02:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

That is so cool... Great story! I don't know if I'd even have the guts to search him out after the shows.... So good for you for doing it... It paid off!
Old 11-04-2006, 02:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Great story! It sounds like you handled the Lindsey situation just fine.
Old 11-04-2006, 02:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Excellent story.
Old 11-04-2006, 03:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

wow...that rocks! mybad...I should have stayed after the show...ohwell.
Old 11-04-2006, 03:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

AWESOME!!! And Stevie's going on the road...maybe she's secretly working on an album...maybe its a Lindds-Stevie tour...
Old 11-04-2006, 03:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Once again congrats on meeting the man. He is such a sweetie! Sorry that you did not get anything to eat at the venue, however.
Old 11-05-2006, 04:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshWitchPMD View Post
Once again congrats on meeting the man. He is such a sweetie! Sorry that you did not get anything to eat at the venue, however.
Yes it was an honor to meet him, and I was so glad to find he was appreciative and not stand-off-ish meeting fans.
Old 11-05-2006, 09:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

congrats!!!!! what a great story. I think I am jealous! Lindsey is the man! OMG -you sorta kinda lied to him??!!
Old 11-05-2006, 10:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldie View Post
congrats!!!!! what a great story. I think I am jealous! Lindsey is the man! OMG -you sorta kinda lied to him??!!

Yeah I did! I was just so nervous it just came out..Don't know why..Today I've been beating myself up over not getting a picture... But, oh well, still an experience to be reckoned with..you just always go back later in your head I think, and I think about all of what you wish you had said, and done...can't change it, I guess I'm lucky just to have met him so I should be grateful.
Old 12-24-2007, 06:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart

old thread, yes, but I located this on youtube...thought I'd share.

an incredible night...sigh.

Lindsey has the best legs ever... hehe

Old 01-06-2008, 05:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Fantastic story, congratulations!