User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-05-2007, 06:31 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default A New Fans Random Thoughts, Good And Bad

Ok All

I am a new FM / LB Fan and I have finally finshed almost 1 year of reading, listening, and watching. And Im gonna post my thoughts, and I know some you might agree with and dis agree with, but heres what I think

What I think:
- I cant believe that The Very Best Of Fleetwood Mac has actually sold more copies than Say You Will And Even The Live In Boston DVD. Makes me wonder if there were really people who actually wanted and or want New Things from Fleetwood Mac

- Lindsey getting so much positive attention , both from concert people and the record company, from his Under The Skin album and tour I think caught me really surprised. I was shocked that Warners would back him. Makes me so mad they they didn’t support him back in the day

- - I think Lindsey actually respects and is proud of FM more so now than ever. Does make me scratch my head that when they were in their hey day, how he could not have respected them and the band at that point ? I mean, I love Lindsey, but the man should know that if it wasn’t for that band, he would not be living where lives today, and he would not enjoy the riches that he has. As much as I love the mans music, it is the FM stuff that has enjoyed him his life style. I think Lindsey might have been trying to bite the hand that feeds back in the day

- - Stevie’s solo stuff is just plain ordinary, I never have understood the fascination with it, I mean if you take away BELLA DONNA, what is left ? I mean, I still don’t get how Behind The Music said she has sold 50 million albums, I don’t know what math they are using

- - I think Tusk is a brilliant album

- - I think Fleetwood Mac and The Eagles are the 2 greatest rock bands of all time. Even though I think FM actually loves one another NOW , where as Eagles strike me as strictly co workers in a music machine, I just don’t feel the closeness from them at all

- Don Henley is 100 % more arrogant than Lindsey at his worst, and I think Lindsey had his arrogant days
Old 11-05-2007, 11:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

There was another David from Rosemead who used to post here. But anyway, welcome!

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 11-06-2007, 02:00 AM

Homer used to post here too...

Welcome again!!!
Old 11-06-2007, 05:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David A View Post
- I think Lindsey actually respects and is proud of FM more so now than ever. Does make me scratch my head that when they were in their hey day, how he could not have respected them and the band at that point ? I mean, I love Lindsey, but the man should know that if it wasn’t for that band, he would not be living where lives today, and he would not enjoy the riches that he has. As much as I love the mans music, it is the FM stuff that has enjoyed him his life style. I think Lindsey might have been trying to bite the hand that feeds back in the day

- - Stevie’s solo stuff is just plain ordinary, I never have understood the fascination with it, I mean if you take away BELLA DONNA, what is left ? I mean, I still don’t get how Behind The Music said she has sold 50 million albums, I don’t know what math they are using

Hi David!

I agree on these. But one has to see that when LB was IN the situation of the rollercoaster the Mac was, he needed to polarize the situation because he felt that they should put the music in front-not the success. I think that's why he stood like a rock behind his artistic ethics, and overcried that to keep the rest of the band sharp. He also said that the success was a double edged sword. That's not single edged, but he stood for the side that the rest of the band tended to forget (in his perception). He still plays his big hits. He knows that the band brought him more than he could dream of. But on the other hand it had been a nightmare too.

I love Bella Donna too .

Tusk? The best album ever recorded by anyone.

Old 11-06-2007, 07:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Welcome to Buckingham Land! I agree with most of what you say. I still have a fond spot for a couple of other Stevie solo albums so I won't agree on that one statement. Glad you have had fun exploring the man and the band. I have been on this incredible journey since 1982 and loving every minute of it.

"Live, Eat and Breathe Music...."

Unleashed 2009
Old 11-06-2007, 08:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David A View Post
Ok All
I am a new FM / LB Fan and I have finally finshed almost 1 year of reading, listening, and watching. And Im gonna post my thoughts,
Hi!

Quote:
What I think:
- I cant believe that The Very Best Of Fleetwood Mac has actually sold more copies than Say You Will And Even The Live In Boston DVD. Makes me wonder if there were really people who actually wanted and or want New Things from Fleetwood Mac
That never surprised me, actually. I think at this point it's fairly fair to say there are more NostalgiaFans than there are OhMyGoDNewFleetwoodMacStuff fans.

Quote:
- - I think Lindsey actually respects and is proud of FM more so now than ever. Does make me scratch my head that when they were in their hey day, how he could not have respected them and the band at that point ? I mean, I love Lindsey, but the man should know that if it wasn’t for that band, he would not be living where lives today, and he would not enjoy the riches that he has. As much as I love the mans music, it is the FM stuff that has enjoyed him his life style. I think Lindsey might have been trying to bite the hand that feeds back in the day
Or bite the band that feeds, eh? Honestly I think that (especially) after Tusk everyone in the band was on such a different mindset, it was hard to come together as a unity. Lindsey has been quoted as preferring to be in another band at that time. Ditto for Stevie.

Quote:
Hm, different flavors for everyone. I am one of those rare people that loves Stevie's stuff as much as Lindsey's. I don't think it's fair to compare the two (if that is indeed what you are doing here). In general Stevie's stuff seems more ordinary than Lindsey's stuff, but ordinary doesn't necessarily equal bad. I enjoy Stevie's music for other qualities.

Quote:
That goes without saying. There's a reason I married the damn thing.

Quote:
- Don Henley is 100 % more arrogant than Lindsey at his worst, and I think Lindsey had his arrogant days
But...but...but...Don Henley is dreeeeeeeeamy.

No, he's a prick.
Old 11-06-2007, 04:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Welcome to the board!
Old 11-06-2007, 06:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by danax6 View Post
I enjoy Stevie's music for other qualities.
agreed. still, I can't say she made enough Stevie-quality-solo-albums to really be a fan of her solocareer. I like the first three and her last(TIS). I love the first.

Old 11-07-2007, 06:16 PM
Ledgie

on the tom petty documentry movie i saw stevie nicks admits she wanted to be in tom pettys band, so she did want to be in another band.
Old 11-07-2007, 06:18 PM
Ledgie

read the comment wrong, sorry my bad, dont hurt me!!!!
Old 11-07-2007, 06:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LB is the man View Post
on the tom petty documentry movie i saw stevie nicks admits she wanted to be in tom pettys band, so she did want to be in another band.
yeah, and both of them [S/L] have admited that without Lindsey, Stevie would not have been in FM. Therefore, he kindof was the building block to her sucess. [not that FM would have been like biggest band of the 70s (debatable, but you get the point) without Stevie-'Rhiannon' was the biggest hit off of the White Album], but without Lindsey neither of the two music sources would be the same or as popular as they are today.

so Yay for Lindsey!