User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-30-2012, 11:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
And as far as the waste of money on luxury being sickening to Ken!? That's funny, because he sure reaped the rewards of that luxury & I'm sure he was enjoying it along with the rest of the band while it was happening.
This is definitely true. He talks about "partaking" with them during the making of Rumours and he definitely reaped in the cash working with them. I think he's revising history a bit when he talks about indulgences. They were ALL indulging!
Old 04-30-2012, 11:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post

Waddy described Stevie as "innocent" in the BN days. She hadn't learned about the harsh realities of the business side of music. Fame & money attracts leeches and the realization that you can't trust even the people you were once close to makes a person more cynical and skeptical.
She definitely thinks people have taken advantage of her (like stealing her masters).

And it's perfectly true that the Mac may not have cut everyone out of their lives. Maybe it was people whom they felt betrayed them, for whatever reason. Other than his flip-flopping between girlfriends (which is quite normal for a young, single guy), we don't read about any of Ken's negative qualities in the book. He's the writer and I wouldn't expect it. But I'm sure if JC wrote the book, we might get an interesting perspective on Ken that might not be 100% true, but it could explain why no one is talking to him.

As for the drugs changing people, Stevie's admitted that drugs make you not care. She feels that if she hadn't been on drugs, she would have gotten FM back together sooner, not just because she would have been more physically able and coherent, but because her emotional focus would have been different.

Michele
Old 04-30-2012, 11:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffdweller View Post
This is definitely true. He talks about "partaking" with them during the making of Rumours and he definitely reaped in the cash working with them. I think he's revising history a bit when he talks about indulgences. They were ALL indulging!
What about when they took him out and bought that $1600 bottle of wine? He knew that having a party for him was just an excuse for them to party themselves, but he was happy to drink the wine. He enjoyed the indulgences on a "trickle down" basis. The planes, the power, the paychecks. I bet it got 100 times worse during Tusk. I mean, maybe it disgusted him to have pianos airlifted into hotel rooms, but I bet there were still lots of luxuries that he liked.

Michele
Old 04-30-2012, 12:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
He mentioned to me as I was passing that Lindsey was very fond of Christine and liked her very much despite what you read in SYW interviews regarding her departure.
Oh, I know Lindsey loved Christine. Those SYW comments were not from a guy who felt neutral or happy about her exit. He was upset and felt hurt, although he even acknowledged that she had the right to leave, as he had in 1987. That's what he said, but that's not how he felt. He spends half the time in The Dance video gazing at her across the stage. He may not have been in the rhythm section, but he played off of her like John did.

I liked it in the book when Ken explained how Christine did YMLF by herself, which is one of the first songs she did without Lindsey tweaking and when Lindsey got back to the studio and heard it, he was proud of her. Even on stage you can see what great pleasure he takes in YMLF.

Michele
Old 04-30-2012, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Oh, I know Lindsey loved Christine. Those SYW comments were not from a guy who felt neutral or happy about her exit. He was upset and felt hurt, although he even acknowledged that she had the right to leave, as he had in 1987. That's what he said, but that's not how he felt. He spends half the time in The Dance video gazing at her across the stage. He may not have been in the rhythm section, but he played off of her like John did.

I liked it in the book when Ken explained how Christine did YMLF by herself, which is one of the first songs she did without Lindsey tweaking and when Lindsey got back to the studio and heard it, he was proud of her. Even on stage you can see what great pleasure he takes in YMLF.

Michele
Yeah I really loved this part too. The McVie/Buchingham saga/music is fascinating to me. I loved that she did YMLF on her own as well. I mean he is not on WHY either
Old 04-30-2012, 04:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
these comments so far make it sound like he's grinding an axe a little.
Quote:
I don't know if he's grinding an axe so much as just not holding back on his critical opinions. In other words, I don't necessarily think he's trying to be vindictive, he's just not mincing words and not censoring himself in any way (even about his paramours-which really, who cares?). And I really think he never really liked Lindsey. He doesn't have much good to say about him and talks about how annoying he is to this day.
oh he's grinding an axe, and not just a little. there's no doubt about it, if you read the book. and his editor didn't do him any favors... i'd hate to come across as petty as he does.

if he's as cut out of current life of FM-members and he can't get any of them on the phone, then how does he know how these people behave to this day?
Old 04-30-2012, 09:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
if he's as cut out of current life of FM-members and he can't get any of them on the phone, then how does he know how these people behave to this day?
I haven't had time to start the book yet. Has he really been cut off by all the members? If so, I think it says more about him than it does about them.
Old 04-30-2012, 10:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Maybe she threated to quit because they didn't take her seriously. I'm sure she grew tired of this, especially from Lindsey. She insulated herself to protect and make a litte world within a world inside "the bubble".

"..well they love her, but still their the most cruel..."

Last edited by fairydust75; 04-30-2012 at 10:44 PM..
Old 05-01-2012, 08:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
and his editor didn't do him any favors
Oh definitely. This book is poorly edited and poorly written without a doubt. Some of it is just downright ridiculous! Like the stories about how much he got laid. Give me a break
Old 05-01-2012, 11:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh definitely. This book is poorly edited and poorly written without a doubt. Some of it is just downright ridiculous! Like the stories about how much he got laid. Give me a break
Hahaha

Old 05-01-2012, 12:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I thought it was funny when he was talked through the crabs. Go to the doctor, get this specific prescription, wash twice . . . If my new date knew THAT much about crabs, it would make me a little nervous.

Michele
Old 05-01-2012, 01:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I thought it was funny when he was talked through the crabs. Go to the doctor, get this specific prescription, wash twice . . . If my new date knew THAT much about crabs, it would make me a little nervous.

Michele
Uh yeah, and she was totally unphased and was still willing to sleep with him. The 70's were a wild time!
Old 05-01-2012, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Uh yeah, and she was totally unphased and was still willing to sleep with him. The 70's were a wild time!
Haha!!! You guys are killin me ....
Old 04-16-2013, 04:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwyll View Post
I don't think anyone should really comment until reading the book.
The book is very interesting. I'm enjoying as it is NOT a gossip.

I recommend it to ANY fan.
Based on this quote I finally can comment about the book, and reviving this thread .

I find it very very interesting, and far more interesting that Carol Ann's (a book that I could never finish).

Some pages are too (musically) technical, more interesting for musicians, but worth it anyway. What I find curious, is how detailed is, and in terms of time. I mean he can tell exactly what day of january 1976 the girls were playing with their dogs, how early he woke up, when in february John fought with Chris, etc.

Mick tells similar episodes in his book but does not mention exact dates and hours, and it is not that detailed (like restaurant names and other places), except for August 7, 1987

Unless he kept a journal, something hard to believe, it's unbelievable how can he recalls all that data.
Old 04-16-2013, 07:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post

Some pages are too (musically) technical, more interesting for musicians, but worth it anyway. What I find curious, is how detailed is, and in terms of time. I mean he can tell exactly what day of january 1976 the girls were playing with their dogs, how early he woke up, when in february John fought with Chris, etc.
I know nothing about music and I was amazed at how interesting he made it even for a layperson. I could understand the engineering process a little by the way he described it and I didn't think that would happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
Unless he kept a journal, something hard to believe, it's unbelievable how can he recalls all that data.
I'm sure he did keep notes, especially about studio events, what tracks they worked on from day to day, etc. But yes I think some of the other details are a incredible. They give the book a nice air of authenticity and it's almost like you're reading a novel, but I don't take them literally.

Michele
Old 04-18-2013, 09:03 PM
SoulDrifter66
This message has been deleted by SoulDrifter66.