The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: November/December - what should LB do?
nothing, just sit at home, relax and enjoy the time with his family 7 23.33%
get Christine to the studio to add some songs to 8 he, John, and Mick recorded 3 10.00%
get Stevie in the studio to add some songs to the 8 he, John, and Mick recorded 0 0%
both 2 and 3 13 43.33%
work on some new solo material 5 16.67%
put together a few solo / OMS tour dates and go out on the road 2 6.67%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-29-2013, 08:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default November/December - what should LB do?

1. nothing, just sit at home, relax and enjoy the time with his family
  2. get Christine to the studio to add some songs to those eight that he, John, and Mick recorded (and add her vocals to some of those 8)
  3. get Stevie in the studio to add some songs to the 8 he, John, and Mick recorded (and add her vocals to some of those 8, other than 2 she already did)
  4. both 2 and 3
  5. work on some new solo material
  6. put together a few solo / OMS tour dates and go out on the road (Stan is obviously available, and if LB's sound man is too, they don't need anybody else; plus Brett and Neale are obviously available too, for non-OMS option).

dependent on John's health, it seems to me that the rest of the macsters should really pull it together and finish that album that Lindsey, Mick and John started.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-29-2013, 09:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I also would wager that Christine will come to the states soon.

I say he cajoles her into the studio. If she records, Stevie automatically will too and if Stevie doesn't, that's fine too. We already have Stevie on another song that hasn't been released yet, I think.

Michele
Old 10-29-2013, 09:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I also would wager that Christine will come to the states soon.

I say he cajoles her into the studio. If she records, Stevie automatically will too and if Stevie doesn't, that's fine too. We already have Stevie on another song that hasn't been released yet, I think.

Michele
that's what i'm thinking too - that Christine in his LA studio seems to be the most viable option, considering she's already working on new songs, and if we assume John's treatment will be taking place in LA.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-29-2013, 09:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

2 & 3 if possible.

He'll do any recording at his home most likely, so he will have some family time. Lindsey isn't one to not be working in some form. I'd prefer to have some new F Mac material over just solo stuff. If Stevie nor Christine want to do it, then maybe Lindsey, Mick, and John could release those already recorded songs as a 3 piece. They could call it "Boys club....finally"
Old 10-29-2013, 09:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'msoAfraid95 View Post
If Stevie nor Christine want to do it, then maybe Lindsey, Mick, and John could release those already recorded songs as a 3 piece. They could call it "Boys club....finally"
i like that!

i'm kinda convinced Christine is in with her new songs... she seemed surprised when asked whether her new songs were for solo album and said very noncommittally "maybe".

Old 10-29-2013, 09:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i like that!

i'm kinda convinced Christine is in with her new songs... she seemed surprised when asked whether her new songs were for solo album and said very noncommittally "maybe".
Haha, thanks!

My fingers are crossed then.
Old 10-29-2013, 10:31 PM

Quote:
i like that!

I read that the exact same way you did... It was almost telling....
Old 10-29-2013, 10:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Elle,

So sorry to do this but I think you just *might* have forgotten an option again, however unlikely you think it is. Is this becoming a bad habit with these polls?!

Ahem.

7. Buckingham Nicks, whatever form that would take gig or studio-wise...

Carry on.

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 10-29-2013, 11:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole21290 View Post
you just *might* have forgotten an option again, however unlikely you think it is. Is this becoming a bad habit with these polls?!

Ahem.

7. Buckingham Nicks, whatever form that would take gig or studio-wise...

tbh, never even occurred to me when i was putting this poll together.

also now when you got me thinking, the tour i really don't see them pulling together that fast (lindsey solo much easier plus he travels much cheaper / more flexible, most of OMS it was just him and 2 more guys). and LB and SN working on new BN songs together when SN was the main obstacle for the half-finished Mac album just doesn't seem feasible or right.

Old 10-29-2013, 11:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:

tbh, never even occurred to me when i was putting this poll together.

also now when you got me thinking, the tour i really don't see them pulling together that fast (lindsey solo much easier plus he travels much cheaper / more flexible, most of OMS it was just him and 2 more guys). and LB and SN working on new BN songs together when SN was the main obstacle for the half-finished Mac album just doesn't seem feasible or right.
I'm SHOCKED it didn't occur to you, Elle, you champion of BN and all that entails!

No, I certainly don't think at this point touring is anything close to likely. When it comes to songs, apparently they have been working on something together for American Horror Story: Coven anyway so I don't that 'feasible' or 'right' are quite the correct words there. But anyway, you just wanted to know what I think he *should* do, not what's likely.

And he SHOULD do some more work with Stevie, imo... Of course, if he just wants to work on his own, I have no objection to more solo songs or whatever. Certainly, when Stevie is so obviously being the person addressed, it lends a certain something to the whole process for me...

Baby, I've just been holding out too long
Maybe I couldn't admit I was wrong
And maybe I've just been lying to myself
And no one else

Slow down, baby
Cross that line
If you want to save me
It takes time
It takes time

Maybe I've wasted all this precious time
I'm trying to prove what is and isn't mine
Wondering to myself if you knew
It was all for you

Slow down, baby
Cross that line
If you want to save me
It takes time

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 10-29-2013, 11:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I picked work on new solo material. I'd love more OMS but realistically, he probably would stick more to the west coast and since I am not near there I picked new solo music. I'm selfish that way.
Old 10-30-2013, 12:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'msoAfraid95 View Post
2 & 3 if possible.

He'll do any recording at his home most likely, so he will have some family time. Lindsey isn't one to not be working in some form. I'd prefer to have some new F Mac material over just solo stuff. If Stevie nor Christine want to do it, then maybe Lindsey, Mick, and John could release those already recorded songs as a 3 piece. They could call it "Boys club....finally"
Quote:
Originally Posted by redtulip View Post
I picked work on new solo material. I'd love more OMS but realistically, he probably would stick more to the west coast and since I am not near there I picked new solo music. I'm selfish that way.
I'd go with solo material too, except I'm dying to hear the songs he and the guys already recorded. So finishing up that album with Chris and Stevie joining in would be best. Otherwise the half finished project will always be there, threatening to take time away from future solo tours/recording. And I really would like to have one last album from the five of them, so long as it doesn't take up the better part of 2014. Just get it done, already! But, if the ladies won't contribute, then by all means, yes, release it just the three guys

I want a solo album more than anything, and a tour to go with it. But a solo tour for a month or two to fill time before 2014? Naaa. I'd rather they just get the FM album completed.
Old 10-30-2013, 01:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I want him to show Christine his bunker.

Michele
Old 10-30-2013, 10:22 AM

If it's a last project, I would like for them to contribute songs that stand out on their own, but yet are cohesive like White, Rumours, Mirage, or Tango..

I felt that Time and SYW were a collection of songs thrown together. BTM was a miss even tho they tried to make it an album.

The magic happens with the harmonies, or things that Stevie does on Christine's tunes.. etc...

Even writing some new tunes would be awesome together. Will it happen? Probably not. But that's what I would push them to do.
Old 10-30-2013, 06:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think it would be a good idea to take the month's of November and December off from work and hang around the house with his wife and kids. It's Holiday time and having your whole family around you is nice.