The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-06-2013, 11:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wink cracking up, shacking up, packing up... all true!

love this new interview with SN - http://www.fleetwoodmacnews.com/2013...hole.html#more

of course, i skipped through to LB-related parts and am thinking the lovefest might be over!
(maybe we'll get that OMS next year after all! )

quick and dirty timeline of this ever-changing history:
  • for years and decades, and as recently as that BBC 2009 (i think?) Don't Stop doc interview, SN claims how LB is a jerk who made up her sleeping around on him which "shacking up" line implies, and how mad she was at him for putting that line in GYOW.
  • some time at the beginning of this year (or end of last?) SN defends Kristen Stewart, describing how she was cheating on her long term boyfriend too, and how gracious he was in taking her back after he found out. she doesn't name the bf she was cheating on.
  • in the most recent interview (link above), SN actually names the guy she was cheating with (as Lindsay ) and identifies long term boyfriend she was cheating on as LB, but blames it on him - she just had to because LB was a jealous jerk.

draw your own conclusions.

either way, i find it extremely amusing how these stories develop and change into a complete opposite over the years.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-06-2013, 11:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It is hilarious!!!

Roll the presses! We're promoting a tour again!
Old 09-06-2013, 11:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
It is hilarious!!!

Roll the presses! We're promoting a tour again!
i was obviously looking at it in the term of lovefest that everybody seems to be waiting to see how long it will last, but you may be very right, my dear!

if you are right, isn't it sad? they sold out in the UK practically all their shows, but they still feel the need to drag out the soap opera?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-06-2013, 11:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
[*]some time at the beginning of this year (or end of last?) SN defends Kristen Stewart, describing how she was cheating on her long term boyfriend too, and how gracious he was in taking her back after he found out. she doesn't name the bf she was cheating on.
Whoever the boyfriend was that she was referring to regarding Kristen Stewart, she said she had cheated on him like 2 or 3 times. So, if she was with Lindsey, it wouldn't be just this one Lindsay guy.

As for her story changing over time, she has always talked about splitting up with Lindsey and meeting someone else (but I think this was a guy in Northern California) and not knowing whether or not she would go back to Lindsey. This is the story she gave for her solo song Destiny. Yes, she packed up and left LB, fell for another guy and then came back to LB when her money ran out. She has discussed this in the past. So, we haven't just recently learned that Stevie had other relationships. It's been known.

But these Elle comments don't seem to have anything to do with any current acrimony between Lindsey and Stevie to me, nor do I see how they would have any tendency to promote the ongoing tour.

Michele
Old 09-06-2013, 11:57 PM
CADreaming
This message has been deleted by CADreaming.
Old 09-07-2013, 12:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
But these Elle comments don't seem to have anything to do with any current acrimony between Lindsey and Stevie to me, nor do I see how they would have any tendency to promote the ongoing tour.

Michele
ah, so she's just freely reminiscing and rambling?

maybe, in these few months off they had a fallout if LB pushed for firm plans re album or continuation of the tour and she didn't want to commit to that? according to their public image, they seem to blow up every normal co-worker discussion into big argument, so maybe it happened again?

i guess both CAD and i see what we want to see - me chance of LB going back solo, and CAD idyllic situation between SN and LB with them manufacturing blow ups to make themselves seem more interesting.

Old 09-07-2013, 12:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
love this new interview with SN - http://www.fleetwoodmacnews.com/2013...hole.html#more

of course, i skipped through to LB-related parts and am thinking the lovefest might be over!
(maybe we'll get that OMS next year after all! )

quick and dirty timeline of this ever-changing history:
  • for years and decades, and as recently as that BBC 2009 (i think?) Don't Stop doc interview, SN claims how LB is a jerk who made up her sleeping around on him which "shacking up" line implies, and how mad she was at him for putting that line in GYOW.
  • some time at the beginning of this year (or end of last?) SN defends Kristen Stewart, describing how she was cheating on her long term boyfriend too, and how gracious he was in taking her back after he found out. she doesn't name the bf she was cheating on.
  • in the most recent interview (link above), SN actually names the guy she was cheating with (as Lindsay ) and identifies long term boyfriend she was cheating on as LB, but blames it on him - she just had to because LB was a jealous jerk.

draw your own conclusions.

either way, i find it extremely amusing how these stories develop and change into a complete opposite over the years.
She's like that commercial from the last presidential campaign, that showed Mitt Romney debating himself!

What she's saying is, "how dare he accuse me of sleeping around. Oh, and by the way, I slept around a lot."

But seriously how is this possible? I thought Lindsey was the only jerk back then?

Last edited by Lindsfan; 09-07-2013 at 12:37 AM..
Old 09-07-2013, 12:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
ah, so she's just freely reminiscing and rambling?
It's no different than what she always does or says, lovey dovey with Lindsey or not. She doesn't refrain from talking about past loves and friction when she's getting along with Lindsey.

If she were unhappy with him, she'd more likely be saying how she was disappointed with Sad Angel or Miss Fantasy and something along those lines or saying that after being in contact with Christine again, it made her even more certain that they shouldn't make new music without Chris and that it's too hard to be in the studio with Lindsey. Or she could say that Tusk was FM's worse album. I mean, that's the way to get under his skin and I would take that as a sign of acrimony.

Even if she said she slept with Waddy back in the BN days, I wouldn't see revealing that in an interview today as a taunt towards Lindsey, since it would probably be something he's known for decades and become reconciled to. When she starts accusing him of not paying attention to her during her Without You intro and being jealous of the attention she gets on stage (not jealous of other men 40 years ago) that's when I'll think the lovefest is over, for now.

Michele
Old 09-07-2013, 12:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It's no different than what she always does or says, lovey dovey with Lindsey or not. She doesn't refrain from talking about past loves and friction when she's getting along with Lindsey.

If she were unhappy with him, she'd more likely be saying how she was disappointed with Sad Angel or Miss Fantasy and something along those lines or saying that after being in contact with Christine again, it made her even more certain that they shouldn't make new music without Chris and that it's too hard to be in the studio with Lindsey. Or she could say that Tusk was FM's worse album. I mean, that's the way to get under his skin and I would take that as a sign of acrimony.
I tend to agree with this. I don't think it signifies the end of the tour. I did find it sad though that she said she didn't think she and Lindsey could ever be friends. They seem friendly now. But then, maybe she only said that to make their relationship seem more dramatic than it really is these days .
Old 09-07-2013, 12:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
She doesn't refrain from talking about past loves and friction when she's getting along with Lindsey.

If she were unhappy with him, she'd more likely be saying how she was disappointed with Sad Angel or Miss Fantasy and something along those lines or saying that after being in contact with Christine again, it made her even more certain that they shouldn't make new music without Chris and that it's too hard to be in the studio with Lindsey.
interesting, guess i didn't see enough SN interviews to pick up on those nuances.

Old 09-07-2013, 01:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsfan View Post
I tend to agree with this. I don't think it signifies the end of the tour. I did find it sad though that she said she didn't think she and Lindsey could ever be friends. They seem friendly now. But then, maybe she only said that to make their relationship seem more dramatic than it really is these days .
It is kind of sad. I mean she can vacation with Mick and can't do that with Lindsey and I guess that says 2 things: 1. She and Lindsey still squabble and wouldn't have a peaceful time together and, 2. it's proof of that sadness she was talking about in the interview, where you wish you wish you could be together.

In that sense, I guess it does make their relationship seem more dramatic, as you said.

Michele
Old 09-07-2013, 01:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsfan View Post
Yeah that's hogwash. Unless her definition of "friends" is different than mine. Lol.

I totally agree with Michele's post about Stevie using other comments to get LB's feathers ruffled. But, the timing of the UK article is still nice as the tour starts up.
Old 09-07-2013, 01:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It is kind of sad. I mean she can vacation with Mick and can't do that with Lindsey and I guess that says 2 things: 1. She and Lindsey still squabble and wouldn't have a peaceful time together and, 2. it's proof of that sadness she was talking about in the interview, where you wish you wish you could be together.

In that sense, I guess it does make their relationship seem more dramatic, as you said.

Michele
Well maybe it says Lindsey's wife doesn't want to vacation with her.
Old 09-07-2013, 01:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
interesting, guess i didn't see enough SN interviews to pick up on those nuances.
No, you're certainly right that tension could have formed in the down time and they could be fighting about 2014 plans, contracts and commitments, even as we speak.

But as much as we've been hearing that Glastonbury thing for 5 years now, I was just feeling it was more valid this time around and that they were at least locked in together already through half of 2014.

But gauging their relationship, I guess I do wait for barometers like her crying to Jim Ladd that Lindsey was very angry and looked at her "mean" when she put on her top hat and was so worried about whether she would continue with FM that he was jumping around waiting for her to sign, like a cat on a hot roof and if he doesn't watch his step she'll leave so fast the palm trees will hit him on the head.

Michele
Old 09-07-2013, 01:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Well maybe it says Lindsey's wife doesn't want to vacation with her.
Yeah, that too. She's even said that once, that they can't hang out for that reason. Also, if he didn't have a wife that might mind, she might be closer to his daughters. I think she sees them during the tour, but I don't think she sees them that often when they aren't touring -- but I do remember in that one video we saw when she was with girls at that restaurant, you thought they could be his.

Michele
Old 09-07-2013, 01:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yeah, that too. She's even said that once, that they can't hang out for that reason. Also, if he didn't have a wife that might mind, she might be closer to his daughters. I think she sees them during the tour, but I don't think she sees them that often when they aren't touring -- but I do remember in that one video we saw when she was with girls at that restaurant, you thought they could be his.

Michele
Well, it was Leelee's birthday. Thought maybe they were headed to a bday party. I guess they were Mick's, but its been a long time since I watched it.

Stevie seems to know a lot about their activities although she's cooled that talk recently. And, that's the thing about her we can't be friends comments regarding LB - they obviously talk all the time so what's the big deal. The worst with them is over, they will always be in each other's life. It's all good.

Last edited by CADreaming; 09-07-2013 at 01:33 AM..