The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: Primary preference - BN, FM, or solo artist(s)?
Fleetwood Mac 52 54.74%
Buckingham Nicks 14 14.74%
solo artist (doesn't matter whether LB, SN, or CM) 29 30.53%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-02-2012, 01:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The reason I voted for Buckingham/Nicks is because it's the singer's I'm most concerned with. Aanyone could play the drums, bass or guitar as far as I am concerned. I don't go to a LB show to hear him play guitar, though I do enjoy the way he plays. I'm there because I like him and his vocals. I go to see Stevie because I love the sound of her voice and for the visual aspect.
I would be just as happy with a Fleetwood Mac album but this poll only allowed us to vote for one.
Old 06-02-2012, 01:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I love Fleetwood Mac most, always. That's where Stevie did her best work. I love some of her solo albums, but none of them, to me, have quite lived up to her contributions to Fleetwood Mac, WA-Mirage. I would say the same of Christine.

I think Lindsey, on the other hand, has done much of his best work on his own. I probably enjoy LB's solo material as much, if not more than, Stevie's. They're so different, though, that it's impossible to compare.

I love BN, but the body of work is so limited, I can't rank it.

In terms of what comes next, I'd be ecstatic for more material from any configuration.
Old 06-02-2012, 03:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I love Fleetwood Mac dearly. There is never a question of that. And I honestly would be overjoyed if Buckingham-Nicks ever did decide to tour as a duo and the energy that their collaboration would give off...ugh, so beautiful.

But I would be lying if I didn't say that I am a straight up Lindsey girl through and through. He is my main draw to Fleetwood Mac at all, and his music is what I listen to more than anything related to FM. I've seen him live far more times than FM or SN and I am truly, sincerely in love with that man's music and artistry. He never fails to blow me away.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 06-02-2012, 03:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
I love Fleetwood Mac dearly. There is never a question of that. And I honestly would be overjoyed if Buckingham-Nicks ever did decide to tour as a duo and the energy that their collaboration would give off...ugh, so beautiful.

But I would be lying if I didn't say that I am a straight up Lindsey girl through and through. He is my main draw to Fleetwood Mac at all, and his music is what I listen to more than anything related to FM. I've seen him live far more times than FM or SN and I am truly, sincerely in love with that man's music and artistry. He never fails to blow me away.
i've never seen FM live (but would go see them once, in whatever arena is the closest to me ), never seen SN live, while i have seen LB live so many times in the last year that it's getting hard to count - like you said Nico, even with the repetitive and short sets, he still never fails to blow me away and i don't want to give up that exhilarating feeling.

i own only Tusk and SYW out of FM studio albums, and all LB's studio and live albums, DVDs and blu-rays.

regarding BN, as everybody knows by now, i really dislike the sound of the original BN album. however i do like the sound of Twisted and SA (however different they are!), and can appreciate the chemistry between Stevie and Lindsey over the years. so i would be curious to see what they do together, w/o whatever expectations and constrains may be within FM. if any BN project happens i would expect it will be done fast (maybe put out on Mind Kit label?), and that any tour behind it would be really short, before going back to big-money-for-everybody FM touring. i would be curious to see a show on BN tour, especially as that would presumably not be a big arena seller such as FM shows.

as long as that's all done quick and we can get more of LB solo as soon as possible. they are not getting any younger, nobody can afford 3-4 years for a FM project cycle anymore!
Old 06-02-2012, 03:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
so i would be curious to see what they do together, w/o whatever expectations and constrains may be within FM. if any BN project happens i would expect it will be done fast (maybe put out on Mind Kit label?)
If Stevie is involved it would never be done fast. The only time that ever happened was with the recording of Twisted and that was only because the song was needed on the soundtrack and they asked her so close to its deadline to record it. Probably why she called Lindsey to begin with, 'cause she knew he could make a masterpiece out of it in such a short timeframe.
I also don't think Stevie would ever desire an album she's involved with to be released on an independant label.
Old 06-02-2012, 03:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
I also don't think Stevie would ever desire an album she's involved with to be released on an independant label.
She may not have a choice. Unless that's the real reason for the holdup on a new FM album. They don't have a label...
Old 06-02-2012, 03:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
She may not have a choice. Unless that's the real reason for the holdup on a new FM album. They don't have a label...
IMO, of course she has a choice if she says the songs are not done.
Old 06-02-2012, 03:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
IMO, of course she has a choice if she says the songs are not done.
I just meant they don't have a label. Yes, she obviously can choose not to participate.

But, if she chooses to participate -- and they don't have a label -- then, there are other options available.
Old 06-02-2012, 04:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
But, if she chooses to participate -- and they don't have a label -- then, there are other options available.
Yep. They can give it to us and we will promote it. Welcome to Ledgie Promotions.
Old 06-02-2012, 04:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

As the first CD by one of the core quintet, I got the "Out Of the Cradle" CD because I enjoyed Billy Burnette's music and thought Lindsey Buckingham was a bandmate of his. Well, he was but not exactly.

There is no option in the poll for fans of other members so I just mention it here.
Old 06-02-2012, 07:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yeah, why no Zoo or Gotta Band???

I don't get the indie label hang-up, but then again I work for Guided by Voices. If being on the charts is more important than making an artistic statement, then I really have no sympathy for whoever. Today's top 40 sucks. People who want to be in THAT company have already lost their soul.
Old 06-02-2012, 08:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post

Toatally agree with everything you said Nico. A BN tour would be intriguing...their chemistry is legendary and I'd be lying too, if I said I didn't care to witness it in person, without the full band. And hopefully with their mics closer together than when they're with FM

BUT, if I could only see one more concert - ever - what whould it be? LB of course! I never want him to stop touring and I would prefer seeing Lindsey, LIVE, more than anything else in the world. I love him. He's just too damn good in concert!! And we're running out of time for any of these options, so, all said, I'm in the camp that says I'd be very happy with any of the options - as long as I am certain to get more Lindsey solo as well...and soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by billwebster View Post
There is no option in the poll for fans of other members so I just mention it here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Yeah, why no Zoo or Gotta Band???
I think Elle already addressed that. Because this is the Rumours forum
Old 06-02-2012, 08:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsfan View Post
I think Elle already addressed that. Because this is the Rumours forum
It was MICK FLEETWOOD'S Zoo and JOHN McVIE'S Gotta Band.
Old 06-02-2012, 08:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
It was MICK FLEETWOOD'S Zoo and JOHN McVIE'S Gotta Band.
My bad...I was thinking of singers.
Old 06-02-2012, 08:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsfan View Post
I would prefer seeing Lindsey, LIVE, more than anything else in the world. I love him. He's just too damn good in concert!! And we're running out of time for any of these options,
Personally I don't think we're running out of time for anything. As far as we know both Lindsey and Stevie are in good health. Being in your 60's really isn't old age considering I'm 50 and all my siblings are in their 50's and my oldest sibling is 62 and we're all healthy. Great singer's will perform until they die. These guys may live to be well into their late 80's or longer and that's why I don't want to hear any more talk from you young Ledgies about a farewell BN album or a farewell FM album. They may be making albums for another ten or twenty years for all we know.