The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-10-2009, 05:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Question Lindsey confirmed a new Mac album?

I was listening to the radio in my car after picking up my daughter, and happened to come in at the very end of GYOW. The DJ mentioned afterwards that Lindsey had confirmed that there would be a new album and "extensive touring" in 2010. Anyone else hear of this?[/COLOR]

Inspired Angel: Stevie Nicks
Old 12-10-2009, 06:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Angel View Post
I was listening to the radio in my car after picking up my daughter, and happened to come in at the very end of GYOW. The DJ mentioned afterwards that Lindsey had confirmed that there would be a new album and "extensive touring" in 2010. Anyone else hear of this?[/COLOR]
Seems he was quoted as having said that in one of his recent European interviews. I just don't see how they can get an album out that fast though.
Old 12-10-2009, 06:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I know this is farfetched but i think maybe they might have begun work on a new album already, they had that three month break between June and October they might have been able to put done some sort of demos etc then.

But then maybe it's just wishful thinking- It's all speculation till we get confirmation from the whole band.

~Well You Cannot Know A Dream~
~Until You've Known The Nightmare~
Old 12-10-2009, 06:34 PM
Supporting Ledgie

I think this tour was really meant, in part, to prepare them for the studio. Getting their chops up, they'll be fresh to go into the studio in the New Year ready to rock. I'm sure they've got heaps of material/songs
Old 12-10-2009, 06:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

lindsey's been saying they dont have a new album to promote...YET
i think it's looking fairly promising
dont think a tour would happen next year
unless they work super hard and fast in the new year

i'll just be happy with a new record
Old 12-10-2009, 06:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If they DID have new material, I think it would've behooved them to introduce a new song or two while they were on tour (as they did with both Rumours & Tusk material....and basically likewise with The Dance.)

Nothing better than going into the studio with new material that has been "road tested".
Old 12-10-2009, 07:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
If they DID have new material, I think it would've behooved them to introduce a new song or two while they were on tour (as they did with both Rumours & Tusk material....and basically likewise with The Dance.)

Nothing better than going into the studio with new material that has been "road tested".
Didn't stevie sing part of a song about hurricane katrina at new orleans on the american leg?

Maybe it will be on the new album???

~Well You Cannot Know A Dream~
~Until You've Known The Nightmare~
Old 12-10-2009, 07:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvasprings View Post
Didn't stevie sing part of a song about hurricane katrina at new orleans on the american leg?

Maybe it will be on the new album???
Good point. I think during the break, they might have gone their separate ways to work on writing or doing demos so that they will have stuff to present next year to get ahead of the game a little bit. I think if they were dedicated and focused, they could could record an album in 3 months. Isn't that the time it took for the white album? If they do get it done in 3-4 months, say done by May, a couple of months for mixing... it could be released by late fall or early winter, but in reality, they could start the actual tour for it in the Fall before the actual release date.

For SYW, Stevie cranked out 4 new songs in a month right? (writing them, doing a demo), so in theory, it could be done. Especially if they have an outside producer that is good at producing in a specific time line and not being extremely perfectionistic.
Old 12-10-2009, 07:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post

No. No. No. It was the GREATEST HITS TOUR, remember? They didn't want to mess with any new songs, and possibly have someone get up and leave to go to the pot while they played any new stuff.
Old 12-10-2009, 08:24 PM
Senior Ledgie

I reckon a new album is innement.. I think maybe there was a little trouble getting Stevie on board perhaps and Lindsay said at the Melb concert they didn't have a new album to promote yet! And then signed off with "See you next time Melbourne"
Hate gave you me for a lover...
And if you go forward, I'll meet you there
And if you climb up through the cold freezing air
Look down below you; search out above
And cry out to life for a frozen love
Old 12-10-2009, 08:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvasprings View Post
I know this is farfetched but i think maybe they might have begun work on a new album already, they had that three month break between June and October they might have been able to put done some sort of demos etc then.

But then maybe it's just wishful thinking- It's all speculation till we get confirmation from the whole band.
You very well could be on to something. They could have been tinkering some last year too for that matter, before hitting the road. Maybe they shared some of the demos they had, and felt it would make sense to get warmed up to each other for a year on the road and sharpen their game before going into the studio. After all, they were miserable going into the studio cold for SYW, and everyone in the band seems to really enjoy touring. I have high hopes for how the next album will sound... because it seems they're all determined to best SYW. I just have my doubts that it'll be released anytime within the next 2 years.
Old 12-10-2009, 08:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm all for a new album and excited about the prospects. As for another tour, unless they played smaller, more intimate venues, I don't think touring again would be a good thing and they should know this too, after the way they saturated the market in 2004, following the success of 2003.

Michele
Old 12-10-2009, 08:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I'm all for a new album and excited about the prospects. As for another tour, unless they played smaller, more intimate venues, I don't think touring again would be a good thing and they should know this too, after the way they saturated the market in 2004, following the success of 2003.

Michele
Oh I agree, the market won't be ready next summer to absorb more Mac concerts. They've already hit Madison Square Garden alone 3 times this year, right? They had to cancel at least Greensboro for lack of sales. Unless the economy goes through the roof in the next 6 months, they should put off touring for a little while.
Old 12-10-2009, 09:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Oh I agree, the market won't be ready next summer to absorb more Mac concerts. They've already hit Madison Square Garden alone 3 times this year, right? They had to cancel at least Greensboro for lack of sales. Unless the economy goes through the roof in the next 6 months, they should put off touring for a little while.
I was really unhappy about this.
Old 12-10-2009, 09:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
No. No. No. It was the GREATEST HITS TOUR, remember? They didn't want to mess with any new songs, and possibly have someone get up and leave to go to the pot while they played any new stuff.
but isn't that EXACTLY what the Dance was essentially?
a greatest hits quasi reunion tour?
Christine and Stevie threw new songs in to the mix...oh o did Lindsey
i think it would be okay to maybe introduce ONE or TWO songs towards the end of the tour...at the end of the concert
just to see what kinda of reaction they get