Old 10-29-2009, 07:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Sara

The Chain

Interesting view
Old 10-29-2009, 08:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Fleetwood Mac @ MEN Arena 27/10/09

It's a funny thing about Fleetwood Mac, when I hear them I'm instantly transported to a fantasy 1970s that most likely never even existed and it's all what I imagine it was like based on stuff I've seen on TV. I'm pretty sure I'm to young to actually remember Rumours when it was originally released, so just why it has such an effect is beyond me. But I like it.

I'm not a huge Fleetwood Mac fan, and I'd never seen them live before but when I heard they were touring again I decided to get myself some tickets and check it out. The current line up is the same as the Rumours line up, but sadly minus Christine McVie and they're not promoting any new material so I knew it would basically be a greatest hits package, which suited me.

They're ****ing ancient. I swear I thought I saw Mick Fleetwood piped up to an oxygen bottle, and despite Lindsey Buckingham being full of energy he seemed to be getting a bit of gyp from a bad back. Stevie Nicks isn't exactly the siren she used to be, at one point some tight twat did shout out "Stevie ya fat git", which I thought was a bit cruel.

But they do still have it. Early in the set Nicks did a rather poor rendition of Rhiannon, and it seemed like she really wasn't going to hack it. In fact at the start of the show Nicks seemed quite absent, possibly pissed(?), and not really in the swing of things. Fortunately that was to change, maybe she just needed to warm up, or get a few shots of whiskey down her neck to lubricate the old voice box, because when she performed Sara, Landslide and Gypsy she was superb. Her distinctive vocals were spot on, she managed to carry them off brilliantly.

When you listen to Fleetwood Mac you really get a sense of the individual personalities within the group, some of my favourites are the songs Buckingham wrote. Last night they performed Second Hand News and Never Going Back Again, two of my favourites. Probably worth going just for them.

They let themselves down a little towards the end, Fleetwood did a rather poor drum solo during which he kept shouting out nonsense which I couldn't quite make out. The bloke's a nutter, and I just kept thinking of him presenting the Brit Awards with Sam Fox, and the chances he tried shagging all The Corrs when he was swanning round with them a few years back. Don't Stop was a bit of a let down too, for some reason it sounded like Chas and Dave were playing it. They really should've convinced Chritine McVie to rejoin.

Sorry the pictures aren't better, I really must try and figure out how to work that ****ing camera.

CLICK ON LINK TO VIEW PICTURES
http://www.morningstarr.co.uk/forum/...7-10-09-a.html
Old 10-29-2009, 08:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I wonder if that's one of the shirts he wore in the picture with Kristen. He only has, like, 2 shirts. What I like about the red is that although Stevie is wearing a deeper color, it seems like he wore it to match her and Mick. So, I liked the group theme. I guess the idea was formed when Stevie was opening in that dress. John obviously excluded himself from the rose-toned coordination.

Michele
Wonder what happened to all the black or white shirts he wore during Say You Will?
Old 10-29-2009, 11:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Sorry to hear that reviewer thinks Lindsey was suffering from a bad back.

Michele
Old 10-29-2009, 11:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by holidayroad View Post
Wonder what happened to all the black or white shirts he wore during Say You Will?
Stevie saves her old costumes, I wonder what Lindsey did with his. Sad to think he chucked all of his Tusk or Mirage era stage clothes.

Michele
Old 10-29-2009, 11:33 AM
Senior Ledgie

Default Landslide

Are they the only two on stage during Landslide? It seems like they are standing far apart from each other on that one now.
Old 10-29-2009, 02:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Stevie saves her old costumes, I wonder what Lindsey did with his. Sad to think he chucked all of his Tusk or Mirage era stage clothes.

Michele
Lindsey doesn't seem the type to hold on to old clothes. It would be interesting to know where they are though.
Old 10-29-2009, 03:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by holidayroad View Post
Lindsey doesn't seem the type to hold on to old clothes. It would be interesting to know where they are though.
I am surprised an EX of his isn't trying to peddle them on
eBay.
Old 10-29-2009, 06:29 PM
Ledgie

lindsey 2.jpg

Just a quick one of Stevie

The only Fleetwood Mac fan in Cumbria.
Old 10-30-2009, 12:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post

They're ****ing ancient.
Now, now. No need to say it with such extremeness.

Quote:
I swear I thought I saw Mick Fleetwood piped up to an oxygen bottle, and despite Lindsey Buckingham being full of energy he seemed to be getting a bit of gyp from a bad back.
I hope this is all an exaggeration. I think the oxygen isn't news but Lindsey's now got a bad back? He better not neglect it and get some regular therapy in. I didn't intend on suddenly not seeing him rock hard on stage anytime soon, selfish as that sounds.

Quote:
Stevie Nicks isn't exactly the siren she used to be, at one point some tight twat did shout out "Stevie ya fat git"...
Now that's just WRONG. Come on people. Fat jokes are old, lame, and the product of narrow-minded imbeciles. Let's represent FM with some maturity here people.

Quote:
But they do still have it.
I know that's right. Though this reviewer needs to make up his mind already. He's bitching about ridiculous things these people can't help instead of basking in the greatness that is seeing a legendary rock band that still has IT, or most of the members anyway (especially one in particular).

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 10-30-2009, 02:13 AM
Junior Ledgie

I don't think that reviewer went to the same concert as me - but then I guess I could be biased!
Old 10-30-2009, 02:16 AM
Phil Lee
This message has been deleted by Phil Lee.
Old 10-30-2009, 06:43 AM
Senior Ledgie

I've just uploaded a short video I shot during Landslide. The quality isn't great because it was shot with my iPhone. The sound is distorted because I was right on top of a monitor speaker. I'd have shot a longer video but didn't want to get a tap on my shoulder. Anyway, here's the video:

Old 11-02-2009, 05:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleCharmer View Post
Here's the best of my pictures from last night
WOW! i love how non "traditional" your pics are
i love the one of stevie's boots
and the close up of lindsey bending down with his guitar

hope u had a great night
Old 11-02-2009, 08:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
I hope this is all an exaggeration. I think the oxygen isn't news but Lindsey's now got a bad back?
Anyone who's seen Lindsey in the last two weeks will tell you there's NOTHING wrong with his back. What the hell are they on about?

And Stevie is looking seriously good these days.
Old 11-02-2009, 11:08 AM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahara View Post

And Stevie is looking seriously good these days.
Agreed!