Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-27-2009, 08:05 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Thanks for the review!

You may be right about Stevie's lost glove, and here we were thinking she's been doing that purposely! Cory needs to add that to the prompter before she goes to change: "Go to tent, Remember other glove!"
Have I been really dumb and missed the point??
sorry lol.
Old 10-27-2009, 08:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedw View Post
Have I been really dumb and missed the point??
sorry lol.
I was just kidding around. She's been wearing the one glove for awhile and someone saw her teleprompter early in the tour giving her instructions: "Go to tent", "Change shawl", "Leave stage", etc... so, just joking.
Old 10-27-2009, 08:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hi All,

Agree with the review. Lindsey blew me away. Stevie was, of course, the gracious lady that she is. Less energetic and her voice wasn't at it's best but you could tell she was having a blast up there. The whole show was fantastic. Stevie cut the 2nd verse out of Sara which was disappointing. Gold Dust Woman and I'm So Afraid were my highlights. I got some very cool comments from people about my Stevie t-shirt which made my night. The guy sitting next to me was also very impressed with my knowledge of the Mac to say I'm only 19 lol. All in all, they clearly are the greatest band EVER!
Old 10-27-2009, 08:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedw View Post
I've got 2nd Row Block E, although part of me wishes i'd gotten into the front blocks.

S
T A D G
A B E H
G C F J
E

^assuming that layout
Well, for all those wondering, MEN Arena is laid out as follows in blocks with about 20 rows in each block.

STAGE
A B C
F E D
G H I

and the the lower, middle and higher tiers are round like a hockey stadium and go around the outside of the stalls. In the layout as it was, MEN arena held 12,000 people for this show. 12,000 people all singing "Don't Stop" at the top of their lungs is an amazing thing to be part of and gives you the most INCREDIBLE feeling.

Judging by your 2nd row, E Block, you were across the aisle and down a bit from me
Old 10-27-2009, 08:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I just got back from Manchester (stupid trains!).. all I can say is WOW. My first Mac concert, and it was amazing! Got a good standing spot right in front of Stevie.. Talked to a couple of Ledgies which was nice
Highlights for me were Storms and Gold Dust Woman, Stevie's voice was fab.. Oh Well, GYOW, and Don't Stop were fun
Lindsey is incredible live! I played his guitar and got a high five! And got dripped on with Lindsey sweat.. which was nice....!
I thought it was hilarious when after the little story about Stevie being asked to be in the band with Lindsey she pretty much screamed 'YEEEAAAHHH! I can DO it!'.. haha..
I got a few good pictures which I'll post tomorrow I'm still on a high!
Old 10-27-2009, 08:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleCharmer View Post
Highlights for me were Storms and Gold Dust Woman, Stevie's voice was fab.. Oh Well, GYOW, and Don't Stop were fun
Lindsey is incredible live! I played his guitar and got a high five! And got dripped on with Lindsey sweat.. which was nice....!
.......Isn't it just?
Old 10-27-2009, 09:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWILDheart View Post
Stevie cut the 2nd verse out of Sara which was disappointing.
Really?! The entire 2nd verse? Did she just not sing it, forget it?
Old 10-27-2009, 10:09 PM
Ledgie

Hey all. just back now from the show.
Ive a load of pics and a few videos which I shall be sharing with you all tomorrow.
All in all a great night cried a little when that band took the stage.
and although Lindsey does not use a plectrum he sure hands them out at the end of the gig. and I got one. Its got a picture of a plectrum with a censor sign over it. and the words "LBTI" on the back.
was right under Stevie all night and got to touch Liddys guitar. Heaven. I also made John Mcvie crack a rare smile.

absolute great night and youll have a load of pics tomorrow i promise.

The only Fleetwood Mac fan in Cumbria.
Old 10-28-2009, 04:36 AM
Senior Ledgie

Not sure about her dropping thee second verse ... I didnt really notice.

it was certainly the 4 minute version of the song, not the 6 ( or 9) minute version and included all the bits after "all i ever wanted.." which is cut short on the fade out of the actual record.

But like I said last night - Sara isn't my favourite song live, even though its one of my favourites on record.

Stevie took it up a gear at certain point during Storms, almost giving me heart failure one the line "I did not deal with the road, and I did not deal with you I know" and again further on, cant remember what line it was - but the way she sang it almost had me in tears; were it not for my rugged masculinity
Old 10-28-2009, 05:07 AM
Senior Ledgie

I had a great night too, stood under Stevie's microphone too (for the 4th time now). It was great to chat to you LittleCharmer and your lurking friend too (you should find a way to sign up). Hope you didn't get too squashed when that woman behind you tried to reach Stevie towards the end and that your handbag has dried out.

My highlights were Oh Well, So Afraid and GYOW. Got to play Lindsey's guitar twice, got a high five at the end from him too. Oh Well just rocked.

I was a little disappointed at the energy of the crowd though. There was a little pocket of us under Stevie's microphone who were rocking out and a few under Lindsey's but apart from that it was pretty tame.

Comedy moment of the night was when someone asked Lindsey for a tissue which he'd used to wipe sweat off his brow. He laughed, made a yuck expression, and gave it to her.

I took 99 photos of which 51 came out half way decent. They aren't as good as the ones I took on the previous tour and very few of Lindsey came out right. You can see them here.

Last edited by Phil Lee; 10-28-2009 at 05:36 AM..
Old 10-28-2009, 05:37 AM
Senior Ledgie

At the end stevie took sombodies hand (around the center) and she pulled away it looked like she was saying somthing, like maybe the fan got a bit over excited. anybody know what it was about, I was too far back to hear.
Old 10-28-2009, 06:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzar View Post
All in all a great night cried a little when that band took the stage.
and although Lindsey does not use a plectrum he sure hands them out at the end of the gig. and I got one. Its got a picture of a plectrum with a censor sign over it. and the words "LBTI" on the back.
Me too! Any idea what the TI stands for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Lee View Post
IComedy moment of the night was when someone asked Lindsey for a tissue which he'd used to wipe sweat off his brow. He laughed, made a yuck expression, and gave it to her
That's brilliant. Wish I'd been brave enough to try that
Old 10-28-2009, 06:49 AM
Senior Ledgie

All my photos are online now. Here are a few of my favourites:

Old 10-28-2009, 06:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Was Silver Springs included in the set? I have friends who went and they said they had a GREAT time! Not had the chance to ask them much more yet though...
Old 10-28-2009, 06:58 AM
Senior Ledgie

Silver Springs wasn't played