User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-29-2007, 04:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by catinthedark View Post
yeah. i noticed that. same thing happened to me and a few others the other day in another thread. is this a new thing? or am i just now part of a new club i never knew existed? i know what posts were deleted from the thread i was in. i know that we were not name-calling. simply raising issues. again. i assume it's because someone ran to the moderators and tattled on us. but it actually surprised me that the posts just disappeared, with no explanations.
Certain members were talking graphically about anal sex in a chit-chat thread, and that never got deleted - but apparently me calling someone a '****ing idiot' is a reason enough to delete my post. Go figure.
Old 05-29-2007, 05:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
I personally WISH Stevie would've left the band after the Mirage tour in 1982.
I think both she AND Lindsey should've packed it in with Fleetwood Mac the day after the Tusk tour ended in 1980.

FMac had plenty of options to go forward in 1980 (my idea: get back Bob Welch and recruit Martha Davis from the Motels) if they'd done so.
Old 05-29-2007, 05:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
I think both she AND Lindsey should've packed it in with Fleetwood Mac the day after the Tusk tour ended in 1980.

FMac had plenty of options to go forward in 1980 (my idea: get back Bob Welch and recruit Martha Davis from the Motels) if they'd done so.
I would have put it after Mirage - but then The Dance would have never happened. So, it is what it is I guess. Plus, Mick and John could always get MD now, which would be way cool IMO.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 05-29-2007, 05:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

"EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON.."

- a very fabulous person, "Love Changes", Trouble In Shangri-La 2001

(she was right)
Old 05-29-2007, 08:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

you annoy me beyond comprehension
Old 05-29-2007, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danax6 View Post
Please tell me you are kidding. Please.

Thank you, I'll keep that under advisement.

As for the original question: yes, I would definitely buy the album and I would probably go see them. I love Lindsey and you know, I really like Christine also.

ETA: Now that I am a bit more awake, I shall eloborate on my initial answer. Let's focus on when Stevie's solo career took off up until The Dance. I'd say that her solo career was doing much more for her than being in Fleetwood Mac. Heck, Fleetwood Mac brought out 4 albums in between Bella Donna and The Dance, none of them with any noteworthy Stevie tracks on it, aside from Gypsy in 1982. (I'm looking at this from a commercial stand point, not a personal one.) Mirage was more of a Lindsey solo effort with a very strong Christine effort thrown into it, and Stevie was almost added as an afterthought. It remains one of my least favorite Fleetwood Mac albums, though I can really appreciate some of the songs when listened to them seperately, not as a part of the whole. Tango in the Night was again a Lindsey effort, but it were Christine's songs that became the biggest hits. Stevie's songs were mostly overlooked. Yet this album is one of my favorites (shut up, Gerald), despite Stevie's weaker tracks (which I personally don't think are that weak). The standout track to me is the title track. Though Stevie was a part of Behind the Mask, I've never even bothered with it, aside from Stevie's songs, mostly because of the lack of Lindsey's presence. I've tried to listen to it a few times, but it just doesn't do anything for me, a certain chemistry is missing. The same goes for Time.

So, in short, I think that even though Stevie was present on all of the albums in the 80s, her material was not really what stood out. I for one think that Christine and Lindsey are very compatible music wise, and I would really enjoy an album where they were the two prominent musicians/writers/producers/whatevers. It'd be interesting to see what they could come up with together, seeing I really like their joint efforts (World Turning, Hold Me, etc.) Though, by her own admission, drugs were a huge factor in why she didn't have any more solo albums, Fleetwood Mac was too. And seeing her solo efforts were much more memorable than her FM efforts in the 80s, I think she might have been better off focusing on that more. I still think that The Dance reunion was effin' great though, and everything that came after it also, including Trouble in Shangri-La and Say You Will. Lindsey and Stevie without Christine works, but I really think that Lindsey and Christine without Stevie would work also. Maybe not commercially, but definitely artistically.
great post!! you put the words right into my mouth
Old 05-29-2007, 10:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: ... in the shadow of this strange, strong love of you

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyluva View Post
Certain members were talking graphically about anal sex in a chit-chat thread, and that never got deleted - but apparently me calling someone a '****ing idiot' is a reason enough to delete my post. Go figure.
i wasn't part of that chit chat thread. and i didn't call anyone a name. but i have a feeling a certain tattle tail wields great power around here. didn't like being called out. again.

and so - poof! gone.

go figure on that.

"We're rock stars. We are not nice."
Stevie Nicks, the sage mother goddess fierce gypsy bitch we adore.
Old 05-29-2007, 11:54 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWILDheart View Post
"EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON.."

- a very fabulous person, "Love Changes", Trouble In Shangri-La 2001

(she was right)
I've gotta know, what is your most recent completed level of schooling?

The only example I can think of where we truly saw the Mac minus Stevie was Not That Funny on the Mirage video. And it was great! Mostly every other non-stevie song has little to no Stevie but she's always gotta be there, hanging around, trying to find something to do. Stevie can be very fickle and you don't always know what she's doing or thinking, but when you see Lindsey and Christine up in front by themselves, you know where their hearts are. So a Lindsey, Christine, John, and Mick album would be a very welcome addition to my collection.
Old 05-30-2007, 01:06 AM
Senior Ledgie

*staples post in the right thread*

When I started getting heavy into Fleetwood Mac in 1995, I was all happy until I remembered, "Wait, THAT WOMAN was in the band?" My Stevie Nicks appreciation has gone from one of utter disdainment to mild amusement now, but in my perfect world, I wish for a Chris, Lindsey, John, and Mick album.

I think what would have been the most likely opportunity is if after the success of Belladonna, Stevie would have struck out on her own and left the band, leaving Mirage and Tango to be Chris and Lindsey compilations (which...they pretty much are.)

Lindsey can say that the Destiny Rules tour was his testosterone tour, I think that the Mirage and Tango tour (which he would have gone on, in my mind) would have been his classy tours. If anything, the lack of whatever was on Stevie's head for the Mirage tour would never have been.

(Of course, my dream is to just have Lindsey and Christine do a side album.)
Old 05-30-2007, 06:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Nicki View Post
I've gotta know, what is your most recent completed level of schooling?

The only example I can think of where we truly saw the Mac minus Stevie was Not That Funny on the Mirage video. And it was great! Mostly every other non-stevie song has little to no Stevie but she's always gotta be there, hanging around, trying to find something to do. Stevie can be very fickle and you don't always know what she's doing or thinking, but when you see Lindsey and Christine up in front by themselves, you know where their hearts are. So a Lindsey, Christine, John, and Mick album would be a very welcome addition to my collection.
It's true. Everything DOES happen for a reason. Think about it. If Stevie and Lindsey didn't join then we'd have no Rumours (despite being over played, it's still an amazing album) and FM would not be as big as they are today. Without Rumours, we'd have no Tusk which is one of the most important albums in rock history as it shows how diverse a band can be and made a lot of people realise you don't always have to sound the same. Without Tusk, no Tusk tour and no Fleetwood Mac Live album which is amazing. Without all this, Stevie's solo career would've never taken off (HYPERVENTILATES) and we'd have no Stevie and a moderately successful Fleetwood Mac that would've probably split up by 1982 and so no Mirage which is again, FANTASTIC. Without the mac being big, no Lindsey. No Lindsey = no Lindsey solo efforts which means no TINT which means no fight and no line up change in '87 and no tour and then no Greatest Hits. No Greatest Hits means that the band wouldn't realise it would work without Lindsey and therefore no BTM which is good but not the best however I wouldn't be without it. No Stevie career means Stevie would've never got mad at Mick over SS and never left the band she was never in to begin with and therefore no "Time" which I know a lot of people here love. No Time means no disastrous flop means no Lindsey solo effort AGAIN because he never made it big and therefore Mick wouldn't be drumming on his album and therefore no "The Dance". No "The Dance" and Christine wouldn't leave the band and therefore no Say You Will because Lindsey and Stevie were never in the band.

get it?
Old 05-30-2007, 10:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It's true. Everything DOES happen for a reason. Think about it. If Stevie and Lindsey didn't join then we'd have no Rumours (despite being over played, it's still an amazing album) and FM would not be as big as they are today. Without Rumours, we'd have no Tusk which is one of the most important albums in rock history as it shows how diverse a band can be and made a lot of people realise you don't always have to sound the same. Without Tusk, no Tusk tour and no Fleetwood Mac Live album which is amazing. Without all this, Stevie's solo career would've never taken off (HYPERVENTILATES) and we'd have no Stevie and a moderately successful Fleetwood Mac that would've probably split up by 1982 and so no Mirage which is again, FANTASTIC. Without the mac being big, no Lindsey. No Lindsey = no Lindsey solo efforts which means no TINT which means no fight and no line up change in '87 and no tour and then no Greatest Hits. No Greatest Hits means that the band wouldn't realise it would work without Lindsey and therefore no BTM which is good but not the best however I wouldn't be without it. No Stevie career means Stevie would've never got mad at Mick over SS and never left the band she was never in to begin with and therefore no "Time" which I know a lot of people here love. No Time means no disastrous flop means no Lindsey solo effort AGAIN because he never made it big and therefore Mick wouldn't be drumming on his album and therefore no "The Dance". No "The Dance" and Christine wouldn't leave the band and therefore no Say You Will because Lindsey and Stevie were never in the band.

get it?
And, you say all that like they are BAD things.

I, for one, could have gone the rest of my life without Rumours and the subsequent phenomena that never has ceased since. The alternate hypothetical history might have been just as exciting and maybe even MORE artistic and definitely personally fulfilling.

I could've been perfectly happy with Fleetwood Mac being exactly the type of band they were prior to Rumours. Success ruined them.
Old 05-30-2007, 11:15 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:

get it?
That paragraph didn't tell me what your most recent level of completed schooling is.
Old 05-30-2007, 12:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I, for one, would love to see a Stevie CM record. I always wanted them to do a duet, esp. in the Tusk/Mirage era.

On edit - paino only - no drums, guitar, etc. Just CM's heavenly playing and those two voices.

save the cheerleader - save the world

Last edited by strandinthewind; 05-30-2007 at 12:24 PM..
Old 05-30-2007, 12:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

get it?
No, I don't really. It's a nice walk through FM history, but what does one have to do with the other?
Old 05-30-2007, 12:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
And, you say all that like they are BAD things.

I, for one, could have gone the rest of my life without Rumours and the subsequent phenomena that never has ceased since. The alternate hypothetical history might have been just as exciting and maybe even MORE artistic and definitely personally fulfilling.

I could've been perfectly happy with Fleetwood Mac being exactly the type of band they were prior to Rumours. Success ruined them.
I can't imagine life without Post-1975 mac music and Stevie music in it now. I love at least half of every album since 1975 (except Time). And Stevie solo, for me, is even better! Just my opinion but I prefer rock/pop mac as apposed to rock/blues mac.

BTW, My completed level of schooling...I passed all my GCSE's except one and have just done a year of AS level's and going to college in September.