User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-30-2011, 04:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Yesterday after hearing the sad news about Barbara Nicks I got in the car to go somewhere with my mother and Silent Night by Stevie was the song playing when she turned on the radio.
Wow, that's really unexpected considering it's after Christmas. Most stations bombard you with Christmas music starting on Thanksgiving and stop abruptly after Christmas Day.
Old 12-30-2011, 04:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInNV View Post
Wow, that's really unexpected considering it's after Christmas. Most stations bombard you with Christmas music starting on Thanksgiving and stop abruptly after Christmas Day.
What's even more odd is that it was played on a Catholic radio station.
Old 12-31-2011, 02:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Today was such a great day for me, music wise, I was out shopping with Jay and we stopped into the Factory Shop (of all places!) so we walked in and I could hear a familiar voice playing in the background and then all of a sudden I realized it was Lindsey and they were playing GYOW! So, we stuck around for the rest of the song, I was completely in a daze as I never here FM when I'm out, so the song ended and we were just walking out and Gypsy started playing! Of course, I made Jay stay in the shop with me until it ended and when it finished lo and behold Everywhere started playing! By now we'd pretty much exhausted our interest in the Factory Shop so we left, and went down to one of the local record stores. On our way back past the Factory Shop I begged Jay to step in there with me again just to see if they were playing FM still, so we looked in for a few seconds and Tusk was playing! The manager must have had the Very Best Of playing, it was magic.
Then we walked down to another record store and we were browsing the boxes of records and I found Rumours, Rock a Little and Bella Donna! I was beyond excited, and then I saw that they were in the two for a fiver section so I just had to get them, unfortunately I didn't get RAL because it had a pretty terrible tea stain on it, but I'm so chuffed at making my first vinyl purchase!
And that's the end of my story

~Love is my higher power. Family is my strength. Art is my passion - Kat Von D
Old 12-31-2011, 07:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Post I heard some Mac today

once on the radio this morning, The Chain. Then today in J C Penney, I was in the Lingerie Dept. I was looking @ lacey stuff there & thinking about Stevie, about the song, Leather & Lace, & thinking about how she just lost her mother. Gypsy came on which is one of my favorite songs of FM's that she sings. It was a weird but nice moment.

Lee
Old 01-01-2012, 10:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
Go Your Own Way in my local Trader Joe's this morning.
Whenever I am in Trader Joes (which is about once a week) something Fleetwood Mac related comes on....last time it was Edge Of Seventeen. I actually heard Countdown in there once.
Old 01-01-2012, 02:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I heard Dreams in Houston's yesterday and it came on when I was thinking of Fleetwood Mac. But I often think of Fleetwood Mac, so that's really not as important a coincidence as I would like to think.

Michele
Old 01-03-2012, 12:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I was so surprised to hear the Deep Dish remix of Dreams (the one from Crystal Visions) on the radio when I was working today!!
Old 01-03-2012, 10:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

At the beginning of my work day yesterday, I heard "Say You Will" and towards the end of the day I heard "Hold Me."
Old 01-03-2012, 10:59 PM
Ledgie

I constantly hear FM and Stevie solo at work and I always stop everything and say OMG LISTEN TO WHO'S PLAYING. My co-workers just roll their eyes (jokingly) and tell me I'm too obsessed.

Today I heard As Long As You Follow.... but I also hear Second Hand News, Go Your Own Way, Gypsy, Big Love, Never Going Back Again, Don't Stop, and Rhiannon a lot.

Leather and Lace and Stand Back play quite a bit too.
Old 01-08-2012, 11:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Go Your Own Way was playing on some countdown show Saturday night. However the DJ introduced the song as "Lindsey Buckingham and Fleetwood Mac"!
Old 01-08-2012, 11:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I heard I Don't Want To Know the other day at lunch. Sure made the rest of my work day better.
Old 01-09-2012, 04:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacShadowsBall View Post
Go Your Own Way was playing on some countdown show Saturday night. However the DJ introduced the song as "Lindsey Buckingham and Fleetwood Mac"!
Well as I always say that as far as I'm concerned Lindsey IS Fleetwood Mac, that intro is perfectly fine by me!
Old 01-15-2012, 09:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yesterday I went to watch my son race MX on Sunday, as we were driving along this lovely country road in the SE hinterland QLD, i noticed a rd sign reading Fleetwood Rd, i vaguely remember reading/hearing? many many years ago, that Mick had bought land around that area, coincidentally then just to top it off about 3km down the road there is a beautiful picnic area called Fritz Park. Next time if i get a chance I'll ask the local farmers along Fleetwood Rd if the road was named after Mick. Im curious & would be interesting to know the detailed story behind it..
Old 01-15-2012, 10:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heard Landslide from THe Dance on the radio at work today! This was followed by I've Got a Feeling by the Black Eyed Peas...um, yeah, just doing the Black Eyed Peas a huge disservice. Then I switched to a different station and heard Stand Back!!!
Old 01-15-2012, 10:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie W/Heart View Post
Yesterday I went to watch my son race MX on Sunday, as we were driving along this lovely country road in the SE hinterland QLD, i noticed a rd sign reading Fleetwood Rd, i vaguely remember reading/hearing? many many years ago, that Mick had bought land around that area, coincidentally then just to top it off about 3km down the road there is a beautiful picnic area called Fritz Park. Next time if i get a chance I'll ask the local farmers along Fleetwood Rd if the road was named after Mick. Im curious & would be interesting to know the detailed story behind it..
That's so crazy!! Fritz park, awesome