Default Difficulties Finding Decent Tickets

all i get is high demand and a link to platinum seats
hope someone is having luck
Old 04-07-2014, 09:10 AM
Senior Ledgie

Same. This is ridiculous.
Old 04-07-2014, 09:12 AM
Senior Ledgie

I was hoping to improve my seats for the DC show but nothing even remotely good is coming up. Just 4 pairs of seats (ONLY through the Amex listing, not the regular one) all towards the back of the arena (2 back of the floor, 1 lower bowl, 1 middle bowl).
Old 04-07-2014, 09:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali View Post
I was hoping to improve my seats for the DC show but nothing even remotely good is coming up. Just 4 pairs of seats (ONLY through the Amex listing, not the regular one) all towards the back of the arena (2 back of the floor, 1 lower bowl, 1 middle bowl).

I have decided to wait to even try to get tickets to the DC show. I might even decide on missing this tour if there is no new music. I have seen the band 10 times over the years and really like when new songs are added to the set list.
Old 04-07-2014, 09:24 AM
Senior Ledgie

I'm just really bummed because I've never seen them before - my mom has, several times, but I haven't. Ughhhhh. I really think I'll have to do StubHub. Will prices go down or go up the longer I wait?
Old 04-07-2014, 09:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
all i get is high demand and a link to platinum seats
hope someone is having luck
in DC i get not only links to pull-your-seats (all crap of course, if anything!) and plats but also straight to resale (also all crap, highest bleachers) - right there on TM site, one of the 3 tabs. wow!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-07-2014, 09:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

yeah just wait it out now stubhub lowers the prices of the tickets the closer to the date so that is you best bet now. if you want an even better deal wait until the day before or the day of the show.
Old 04-07-2014, 09:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
in DC i get not only links to pull-your-seats (all crap of course, if anything!) and plats but also straight to resale (also all crap, highest bleachers) - right there on TM site, one of the 3 tabs. wow!
I saw those resale tabs too when I was browsing through Columbus (just because). What are those anyway? Did people already sell their tickets back to TM? Or are those tickets that have been bought back by TM from radio or places like StubHub?
Old 04-07-2014, 09:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs down Same

Same for Philly. It is either nosebleed or nothing comes up.

I will just wait then.

Lee
Old 04-07-2014, 09:31 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kak125 View Post
yeah just wait it out now stubhub lowers the prices of the tickets the closer to the date so that is you best bet now. if you want an even better deal wait until the day before or the day of the show.
Good/decent seats? Or nosebleeds?
Old 04-07-2014, 09:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I noticed TM does not sell tix for the XL Center in Hartford .I was redirected to their partners website. I tried 5 times and had no problem with getting shut out.

The XL center box office site was fast and got through the process with no problems and no stress worrying about getting timed out.

Their selection sucked probably due to the presales BS,radio station give away and other promotional deals.

I was just happy to get inside.If it was a Stevie show .It would be a different story.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 04-07-2014, 09:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

always good seats i dont sit anywhere but floor and i dont like to be any further than 5-10 rows back at the most. i also check ebay as well i have this like obsession with finding good seats for face value or less.
Old 04-07-2014, 09:53 AM
Ledgie

This is so discouraging--and the reason I rarely go to shows in So. Cal. The prices have gotten ridiculous and the lack of availability makes it such a hassle. So very sorry that you're all having that experience. I'm not even going to try for tickets to LA (will be in a meeting at work when they go on sale today anyway).

I hope you're able to find tickets closer to show dates!!
Old 04-07-2014, 10:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Just a heads up everyone - the Chicago general sale has been changed to 12pm CDT instead of 10am. Ticketmaster apparently did this last night but there was no announcement at all.
Old 04-07-2014, 10:02 AM
Ledgie

Similar experience for Atlanta regular onsale today. For the first 15 minutes or so, the only tickets that came up were lower level (I wanted floor). Then I was able to get an occasional single floor ticket come up, but half way back or even further back on the floor. Too far back from the stage for what I want.

I again saw a variety of "Platinum" tickets available in the first 3 sections on the floor (sections 1, 2 and 3) for like $500-$750 depending on how far back they were. Too expensive for me.

I kept trying, and about 35 minutes after tickets went on sale, I was about to give up, then was surprised to see a single ticket in Section 2, row T come up. Still further back than I would like, but I went ahead and purchased that ticket.

Anyone else get a better ticket in the Atlanta regular onsale today?

PS... After I got 1 ticket, I kept checking to see if maybe an even better ticket would come up, and when I was switching back and forth between Platinum and regular tickets, Ticketmaster's automated systems apparently determined I was doing something their algorithms don't like, and they blocked my IP address from their website. GRRRRRRRR. Not sure why they did that at that point. Earlier, I had checked MANY more times, so not entirely sure that it was the number of times I checked for tickets. Anyway, cleared all my cookies, in case it was cookie-based, but that didn't change anything, it appears to be a block on my IP address based. Of course, I can still use the TM app on my iPhone though via 3G connection. But this is a pain in the neck. Ticketmaster blocks real fans like me, but the scalpers always seem to do okay. Go figure.

Last edited by deluge; 04-07-2014 at 10:05 AM..