The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-01-2018, 02:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default If you are hoping for a reunion....

Dashut says don’t expect it. He believes this is the “last chapter in the LB/SN relationship. That LB is “never goin back again”
Old 07-01-2018, 02:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I really wasn’t expecting it. I could see another LBCM album, but that’s about it.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 07-01-2018, 02:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I saw Richard's post. Whether he has inside info or it's just his thoughts, it sounds like the problem was indeed Stevie and Lindsey and Stevie exerted her power over Lindsey and won. What a shame. I've lost some love I had for Stevie over this.

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 07-01-2018, 03:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless child View Post
I saw Richard's post. Whether he has inside info or it's just his thoughts, it sounds like the problem was indeed Stevie and Lindsey and Stevie exerted her power over Lindsey and won. What a shame. I've lost some love I had for Stevie over this.
Stevie has ruined everything I thought Fleetwood Mac meant to me ... and Christine went along with it!

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 07-01-2018, 03:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

LOL
Who thinks the band has the time or effort to reunite again after a 2 year world tour? Few people even dream that. This is not 1987 where there was a new beginning and new music. This is one final tour which makes it silly to replace Lindsey at this point.
Christine barely can play and she is losing her voice. John just got over cancer for what we hope is forever. Stevie the youngest just turned 70.
Old 07-01-2018, 03:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'd lose all respect for Lindsey if he went back to those IDIOTS. #f*ckem
Old 07-01-2018, 03:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
LOL
Who thinks the band has the time or effort to reunite again after a 2 year world tour? Few people even dream that. This is not 1987 where there was a new beginning and new music. This is one final tour which makes it silly to replace Lindsey at this point.
Christine barely can play and she is losing her voice. John just got over cancer for what we hope is forever. Stevie the youngest just turned 70.
I doubt it's going to be a two year tour if ticket sales are an indication of how many fans are feeling right now. I would be surprised if this becomes a global tour.
Old 07-01-2018, 03:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
What we had always thought....Stevie is to blame....and Richard's tweet just makes it more real and still so heartbreaking to me.

Now where's SugarMouse when we need him/her? Still think LB's departure is due to him refusing to tour this year?!

Last edited by Angel75; 07-01-2018 at 03:46 PM.. Reason: Spelling
Old 07-04-2018, 05:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
i've lost ALL the love i have for stevie over this
like...i don't think i could ever forgive her or get past this
i get angry about it all over again whenever it's mentioned
uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
I think she'll be trying very, very hard not to bring him up. It'll be interesting to see when she breaks!
i give her THREE shows. max 5

Last edited by StreetAngel86; 07-04-2018 at 05:53 AM..
Old 07-01-2018, 06:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan4136 View Post
Dashut says don’t expect it. He believes this is the “last chapter in the LB/SN relationship. That LB is “never goin back again”
Good. Time's wasting for Lindsey to spread his wings and fly. It's really a blessing in disguise. Thanks Stevie for setting him free. Hope it's as good for you as it is for us. Now we can all move on.
Old 07-01-2018, 08:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan4136 View Post
He very well may be right. However, the man is no longer a "Fleetwood Mac insider," so I'm not sure we should present what he himself characterizes as nothing more than his "opinion" as the definitive statement on the matter.

Even if he had heard it from Lindsey's own lips, though, things change and one should never say never.

But... I must admit... the odds are not good.

Still, I cling to my shred of hope.

Old 07-01-2018, 08:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This is all Richard's opinion on the subject, because like he said, everybody was asking about it. I don't think he has actual info.

Sadly, I think Lindsey wants a final chapter with this four a**holes, because he has spent most of his life with them and probably doesn't want anymore bad blood between them.

What he wants and what will happen are two different things. Stevie will never allow it, unless Mick convinces her, and that will only happen if this tour fail miserably. Even though ticket sales are bad, they're not that bad to call Lindsey for help. But I also think they won't add another leg.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 07-01-2018, 08:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
Even if he had heard it from Lindsey's own lips, though, things change and one should never say never.
Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Sadly, I think Lindsey wants a final chapter with this four a**holes, because he has spent most of his life with them and probably doesn't want anymore bad blood between them.
He’d do it for the big bag of money.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 07-01-2018, 09:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
He’d do it for the big bag of money.
And they (Mick and Stevie, but mostly Mick) will probably call him for a bigger bag of money. Funny how you never talk about Mick and Stevie's endless love for money but you're always ready to point out Lindsey's, when we all know it's not the same amount of love.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 07-01-2018, 10:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
And they (Mick and Stevie, but mostly Mick) will probably call him for a bigger bag of money. Funny how you never talk about Mick and Stevie's endless love for money but you're always ready to point out Lindsey's, when we all know it's not the same amount of love.
Because I don’t need to. I pointed out a while ago that when given the choice between Peter Green, his mentor and hero, and money, Mick went with money. It’s nothing new. I’ve also said many times over two decades that I’ve not been a fan of Stevie since 1991. And, I’ve said all five do it for the bag of money, however, Lindsey is the one who actually said it.

THE Stephen Hopkins