The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Christine McVie
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-27-2007, 07:30 PM
Ledgie

OK, this is one of my favorites. Her hair is out of her face!

Old 08-28-2007, 05:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
Does anyone have any recent information as to whether Chris still smokes? I think I read that she started smoking again when she split up with Eddy Quintella, but that was quite a few years ago now. I'd like to think that her healthful lifestyle in the English countryside includes being a non-smoker.
I have no recent information, but I certainly hope that after ITM died down she tried once again to quit. She did quit once, she could certainly give it another try.
Old 08-28-2007, 06:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan 57 View Post
I have no recent information, but I certainly hope that after ITM died down she tried once again to quit. She did quit once, she could certainly give it another try.

Well she would have some incentive now as we have a no smoking law in public places. good thing too - I use to hate coming out of a pub smelling like an ashtray.

her own home would be practically the only place she could smoke legally.

Gail
Old 08-28-2007, 06:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gailh View Post
Well she would have some incentive now as we have a no smoking law in public places. good thing too - I use to hate coming out of a pub smelling like an ashtray.
Gail
We have those laws in most states in the U.S. now too. Remember waking up the next morning after a concert in a smoky nightclub, with that horrid smoke clinging to hair and clothes? Absolutely disgusting. I hate to think of the amount of second hand smoke I inhaled during my pub-crawling youth.
Old 08-28-2007, 01:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
We have those laws in most states in the U.S. now too. Remember waking up the next morning after a concert in a smoky nightclub, with that horrid smoke clinging to hair and clothes? Absolutely disgusting. I hate to think of the amount of second hand smoke I inhaled during my pub-crawling youth.

God yes - absolutely foul.

We've only had our law in England since 1 July but so far most people seem to be complying with it.

Come on Christine give up the evil weed.

Gail
Old 08-28-2007, 09:42 PM
Ledgie

Why did I think I'd read somewhere that she no longer smoked?

On another note, I'm glad everybody took the plastic surgery question well and didn't get all offended. I've had people just flip out at the mere suggestion of plastic surgery regarding other female celebrities past the age of 40. I certainly don't judge any woman who does it. It's understandable. As long as they don't end up like Joan Rivers, that is. I'm not a big fan of the collagen in the lips, though. That looks ridiculous.
Old 08-28-2007, 09:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica View Post
Why did I think I'd read somewhere that she no longer smoked?
Probably because in 1997 she said she quit 3 years earlier, but I guess the question is whether or not she fell off the wagon after The Dance.

Michele
Old 08-29-2007, 02:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Probably because in 1997 she said she quit 3 years earlier, but I guess the question is whether or not she fell off the wagon after The Dance.

Michele
She did give up for quite a few years but then started again after her marriage broke down.

We don't know whether she's mananged to stop again. I hope she has.

Gail
Old 08-29-2007, 02:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica View Post
On another note, I'm glad everybody took the plastic surgery question well and didn't get all offended. I've had people just flip out at the mere suggestion of plastic surgery regarding other female celebrities past the age of 40. I certainly don't judge any woman who does it. It's understandable. As long as they don't end up like Joan Rivers, that is. I'm not a big fan of the collagen in the lips, though. That looks ridiculous.
I wouldn't judge anyone either. I think that you can take it too far and end up looking stupid. If Christine had some work done it was very good.

Gail
Old 08-29-2007, 10:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I wouldn't judge anyone either. I think that you can take it too far and end up looking stupid. If Christine had some work done it was very good.

Gail
I think she looks great. One of my friends and fello band fan thinks she looks terrible. "I don't recognize her" she says. But I think she's focusing too much on the heavily airbrushed covers of The Dance and ITM. In those brief video clips on christinemcvie.com, she looks like her old and fabulous self. And I love the more recent pics of her where she's suntanned and wearing less makeup. Whichever way you slice it, she looks fantastic for being, what, 63?
Old 08-29-2007, 11:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Whichever way you slice it, she looks fantastic for being, what, 63?
I agree, although she just turned 64 this summer.
Old 08-29-2007, 01:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I think she looks great. One of my friends and fello band fan thinks she looks terrible. "I don't recognize her" she says. But I think she's focusing too much on the heavily airbrushed covers of The Dance and ITM. In those brief video clips on christinemcvie.com, she looks like her old and fabulous self. And I love the more recent pics of her where she's suntanned and wearing less makeup. Whichever way you slice it, she looks fantastic for being, what, 63?
The picture on the front cover of ITM was appalling. When I saw it for the first time I thought nice picture but who is it? I think she went on the amazing Photoshop diet - lose 30 years in one day

the one on the back cover is much nicer and the one where she's standing outside what looks like a barn (possibly the studio) is really good.

Gail
Old 08-29-2007, 01:52 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
The picture on the front cover of ITM was appalling. When I saw it for the first time I thought nice picture but who is it? I think she went on the amazing Photoshop diet - lose 30 years in one day

the one on the back cover is much nicer and the one where she's standing outside what looks like a barn (possibly the studio) is really good.

Gail
She looks like a thin Loretta Swit on the ITM cover. Ugh.
Old 08-29-2007, 07:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Dennis sounds like a jerk. Was he that rotten?
Old 08-29-2007, 08:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

What about Lindsey's comment that Brian Wilson had a crush on Chris, too? I've never heard anything about Brian and Chris, so I assume that she did not reciprocate Brian's interest. I just wonder if it was before, during, or after her romance with Dennis. I guess by that time, Brian was too far gone for her to even entertain the idea of a relationship, mentally fragile. Michele