User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-09-2015, 03:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fannymac View Post
I really think it's a personal thing......I, myself, do not think Dave is the right producer for Stevie......there's no "edge" there. While I certainly didn't hate IYD or 24KG, I definitely think they would have been stronger with, say, Rick Rubin, T-Bone Burnett or Matt Serlatec producing.
You got a good point there! I like what Dave did with In Your Dreams, and the different approach he took with 24 Karat Gold.

I hope a new solo is in the works in the near future (new songs and/or vault songs - it doesn't matter) It would be great if she took it in a different direction with a different producer like the ones you mention. T-Bone Burnett in particular could give her a more earthy, intimate, country-leaning sound. Stevie's voice is very adaptable to different genres of music. It could be stunning if she just took even just small shift in her approach.

T-Bone produced many of the albums of his now ex-wife Sam Phillips. (She is one of my favorite female singer/songwriters). I bet T-Bone would bring out the best in Stevie.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 07-14-2015 at 12:06 AM..
Old 07-09-2015, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
needs more Cow Bell !

omg! I just fell off my chair... you nut...
Old 07-09-2015, 08:43 AM

This surprises me more than anyone, but I don't have a problem with the production. I think her voice sounds throwback and it's not unpleasant like a few of her recent projects. She really is singing smarter.

Mabel Normand is a great example of the sound from her that's beautiful vs. some of IYD which kills my ears.

Hope she records with FM.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 07-09-2015 at 08:46 AM..
Old 07-13-2015, 02:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
You got a good point there! I like what Dave did with In Your Dreams, and the different approach he took with 24 Karat Gold.

I hope a new solo is in the works in the near future (new songs and/or vault songs - it doesn't matter) It would be great if she took it in a different direction with a different producer like the ones you mention. T-Bone Burnett in particular could give her a more earthy, intimate, country-leaning sound. Stevie's voice is very adaptable difference genres of music. It could be stunning if she just took even just small shift in her approach.

T-Bone produced many of the albums of his now ex-wife Sam Phillips. (She is one of my favorite female singer/songwriters). I bet T-Bone would bring out the best in Stevie.
He also did an AMAZING job on Lisa Marie Presley's last album.....that's the one that has me anxious to see what he could do with Stevie! (Personally, I'd like to see Rick do the Fleetwood Mac album and T-Bone do Stevie's next solo disc!).
Old 07-13-2015, 08:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I hope a new solo is in the works in the near future (new songs and/or vault songs - it doesn't matter) It would be great if she took it in a different direction with a different producer like the ones you mention. T-Bone Burnett in particular could give her a more earthy, intimate, country-leaning sound. Stevie's voice is very adaptable difference genres of music. It could be stunning if she just took even just small shift in her approach.

I'll die if she record a country album as I said alot of times on here.No offense to Dave S . I welcome T Bone to produce her.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 07-15-2015, 12:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
I'll die if she record a country album as I said alot of times on here.No offense to Dave S . I welcome T Bone to produce her.
Well, she has done quite a few songs that could be classified as country or country leaning: Rose Garden, The Highway Man, Leather and Lace, After the Glitter Fades, That's Alright, It, I Still Miss Someone..perhaps Think About It, It's Only Love, Enchanted...

If not T-Bone, I hope she will find someone outside of her usual circle who will inspire and motivate her like Dave Stewart did, while challenging her to reach into unexplored areas of her talent.

In the meantime, I hope she will muster up the motivation work with Fleetwood Mac on the album that will be their swansong.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 07-15-2015 at 12:46 AM..
Old 07-16-2015, 08:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well, she has done quite a few songs that could be classified as country or country leaning: Rose Garden, The Highway Man, Leather and Lace, After the Glitter Fades, That's Alright, It, I Still Miss Someone..perhaps Think About It, It's Only Love, Enchanted...

If not T-Bone, I hope she will find someone outside of her usual circle who will inspire and motivate her like Dave Stewart did, while challenging her to reach into unexplored areas of her talent.

In the meantime, I hope she will muster up the motivation work with Fleetwood Mac on the album that will be their swansong.
Yes I love these tunes.

That would make a great Country album completion.Yea there are alot of producers out there would love to work with her.she just has to find the right one to make it happen and make her shine.

Old 07-17-2015, 04:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Jimmy

Does anyone else think it would be great if she would drag Jimmy Iovine back to the boards to produce her solo swan-song?
Old 07-17-2015, 10:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnystorms View Post
Does anyone else think it would be great if she would drag Jimmy Iovine back to the boards to produce her solo swan-song?
I agree.I hope it wont be her swan song album.

Old 07-21-2015, 09:30 AM
Ledgie

I love the production of 24K Gold, but have to agree about the vocal mixing.

It was first noticeable when "The Dealer" was released, especially during this part:

I’ll be the dancer
You be the player
I’ll just almost hold you
You just almost stay here
I’ll be the passion.....

The sound quality varies hugely from line to line. One time it's clear and then it's muffled. I really wonder why they didn't pay attention to the mic setup and settings.
Old 07-21-2015, 11:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I remember awhile back that comments were reported that were sound effects was heard in the back ground of the recordings.I played 24K zillion times and probably was not paying attention of any background sounds.I got to play it and just listen deep and pick out the sounds.I usually pick up that kind of stuff when listing to recordings.

Old 07-21-2015, 11:54 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicInferno View Post
I love the production of 24K Gold, but have to agree about the vocal mixing.

It was first noticeable when "The Dealer" was released, especially during this part:

I’ll be the dancer
You be the player
I’ll just almost hold you
You just almost stay here
I’ll be the passion.....

The sound quality varies hugely from line to line. One time it's clear and then it's muffled. I really wonder why they didn't pay attention to the mic setup and settings.
I noticed the exact same thing when I first listened to it also. It kinda sounds like she's singing through one of those tin-can phone lines. I love the record, and still kick myself for not getting the vinyl and lithograph. I feel that it's supposed to sound kinda like that in some parts to make it sound like it's from the vault.

Now here's hoping Stevie does volume 2 (I'm hoping it'll be "Mirror Mirror - More songs from the vault")!
To hear you
Old 07-21-2015, 02:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadmabelnormand View Post
(I'm hoping it'll be "Mirror Mirror - More songs from the vault")!
Old 07-21-2015, 06:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
I remember awhile back that comments were reported that were sound effects was heard in the back ground of the recordings.I played 24K zillion times and probably was not paying attention of any background sounds.I got to play it and just listen deep and pick out the sounds.I usually pick up that kind of stuff when listing to recordings.
yes and it's been bugging me to find that thread where people went through 24k and identified all the spots with horrible vocal mixes and noises etc.
I finally found it: http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=54463
For those asking for pointers to some specific examples of where the technical production of her voice is noticeably awful, there are plenty of examples.
Old 07-25-2015, 07:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The only noticeable "sound" issue I have is with Carousel. It sounds very dull and low. Especially with how crisp the song that precedes it is.

Otherwise, I think the best album in her solo career.