The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old 09-21-2019, 12:46 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 11,008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicks Fan View Post
They are bunch of gutless cowards. Things were so bad yet they couldn't tell him that in person but instead embarrass him on TV.
perfectly said!
__________________

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 09-21-2019, 01:00 PM
aleuzzi's Avatar
aleuzzi aleuzzi is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 4,130
Default

I can’t access the Christine doc because it’s “not available outside the UK.” Does anyone have a link that works?
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 09-21-2019, 01:29 PM
bombaysaffires bombaysaffires is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: West Coast
Posts: 4,974
Default

I agree with everyone that it's all about money. No big surprise there.

Chris's comments, and frankly even Stevie's, are all about these two people attacking EACH OTHER. They use language like "Stevie and Lindsey battering each other" "Fighting like cat and dog" "If you two are going to kill each other"
It is presented like the aggressions are mutual.

The only circumstance they bring up that is clearly him attacking first is the onstage guitar throwing bit.

Yet we have this persistent narrative that it was all one-side LB against SN.

And yes, the John thing is an interesting comparative point. He was clearly physically aggressive to Chris. Perhaps the fact that John has always done a mea culpa about his drinking and owning up to being an a--hole (in the past he's often said things like "bless her heart she had enough and left"). Neither Stevie nor Lindsey has ever come clean about each of their contributions to their disastrous relationship. Stevie in fact has chosen to paint this rosy picture-- wasn't it in the early 2000s she was banging on about how they'd had all these deep talks and had come to understand each other's pain and etc better and now they got along so fabulously, wasn't it SHE who persisted in crafting this whole hand-holding, fall in love all over again sh&t onstage and in interviews for years and years??

Did anyone else who watched it pick up on Stevie's comments-- she was doing that whole thing about how early on she sat down with Chris and said they had to be formidable and never be treated as less-than by men in the business etc. I'll have to go back and watch again but she added on a sentence at the end pretty close to if these men "put us down or cross us, watch. out. "
And she says it totally stone faced. Message to LB??
__________________

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 09-21-2019 at 01:33 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 09-21-2019, 01:37 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 11,008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
And yes, the John thing is a good comparative point. He was clearly physically aggressive to Chris. Perhaps the fact that John has always done a mea culpa about his drinking and owning up to being an a--hole (in the past he's often said things like "bless her heart she had enough and left"). Neither Stevie nor Lindsey has ever come clean about each of their contributions to their disastrous relationship. Stevie in fact has chosen to paint this rosy picture-- wasn't it in the early 2000s she was banging on about how they'd had all these deep talks and had come to understand each other's pain and etc better and now they got along so fabulously, wasn't it SHE who persisted in crafting this whole hand-holding, fall in love all over again sh&t onstage and in interviews for years and years??
i think she and Mick, both. she kept banging on about when Lindsey's kids grow up he'll have no reason to stay with his wife and will come back to her. i guess now when his kids did grow up and he's not coming back to her, and in fact stop appeasing her ego all together after Christine came back, she pulled the trigger. so Lindsey is guilty in appeasing Mick and Stevie and playing along with the "everlasting love" thing, maybe if he put a cut on it earlier Stevie would had less power to oust him. or she would try this ousting earlier.

John didn't do any more mea culpa than Lindsey did, so that excuse doesn't fly. Lindsey was asked several times about his temper in the past and he commented on it. but yes he didn't specifically blame drugs and alcohol.yet he clearly stopped drinking all together.
__________________

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 09-21-2019, 01:41 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 11,008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
she added on a sentence at the end pretty close to if these men "put us down or cross us, watch. out. "
And she says it totally stone faced. Message to LB??
what - you mean she'll try to kill him again?
she comes across as such overly serious, vengeful, unhappy person.

on the other hand, Christine comes across as happy go lucky, i don't wanna know and i don't want to listen to my conscience person.
__________________

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 09-21-2019, 01:44 PM
bombaysaffires bombaysaffires is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: West Coast
Posts: 4,974
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post

Chris: "The Chain is the five of us. The Rumours 5 (holding up 5 fingers). That's synonymous to what we're all about. And I was going to leave. That was a complete bust up of the Chain as far as I was concerned"
I keep thinking about this quote, and if she really thought the 5 of them were 'the chain' and one of them leaving (in this case her) was a 'complete bust up' of the chain, of the magical band

She clearly thinks that after she left it wasn't FM, it was really BN plus Mick and John on backup.

How does she then talk out the other side of her mouth and say how great it is to be back and to act like it's the same band??

She goes on several times about how she missed working with them, knew she wanted to come back and work with them again, even went into the studio expecting to do a whole new album with all of them until Stevie put the kibosh on that [notice they've finally given up the nonsense that it was never supposed to be a band album]
but she supposed there just wasn't any other solution.

....loved working with LB on it, he does magical things to her songs etc etc...never says anything about working on songs or singing or whatever with Stevie.

So it all just confirms the obvious - they did the math and calculated that it was better for business to keep her and not him.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 09-21-2019, 01:49 PM
bombaysaffires bombaysaffires is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: West Coast
Posts: 4,974
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
John didn't do any more mea culpa than Lindsey did, so that excuse doesn't fly. Lindsey was asked several times about his temper in the past and he commented on it. but yes he didn't specifically blame drugs and alcohol.yet he clearly stopped drinking all together.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
she comes across as such overly serious, vengeful, unhappy person.

on the other hand, Christine comes across as happy go lucky, i don't wanna know and i don't want to listen to my conscience person.
she did come of as overly serious, almost emotionless, grim, rarely cracked a smile or was the smiley laughing Stevie...

it really seems from watching this that if they didn't break up after Rumours, they really ought to have pulled the plug after Tusk. But again, greed.

You know they can bitch about LB leaving and yeah ok the timing of it kinda sucked once a tour was booked, but it was one of the most honest things in the history of this band. They all talked about how awful the Tusk tour was, yet not one of them had the balls to say let's not keep doing this if it's so bad -- only Lindsey did. I give him a lot of credit for that. Miss I'm-being-abused-but-will-keep-staying-for-it-if-you-pay-me-enough didn't have the guts to just leave and she totally had plenty to fall back on with her solo career. So yeah, I'm not buying the victim thing once you had a whole other career you could have gone to and not put up with whatever you say you put up with in FM.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 09-21-2019, 01:54 PM
sue sue is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: berkshire
Posts: 890
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
what - you mean she'll try to kill him again?
she comes across as such overly serious, vengeful, unhappy person.

on the other hand, Christine comes across as happy go lucky, i don't wanna know and i don't want to listen to my conscience person.
Stevie comes across as an ageing Diva....and a powerful one at that.
Christine comes across as a woman of a certain age, with experience and knowing, but not in a nasty way.

I wouldn’t want to cross either, but Stevie is scary.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 09-21-2019, 01:57 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 11,008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Miss I'm-being-abused-but-will-keep-staying-for-it-if-you-pay-me-enough
the thing is - she never said this. she never said she was abused and always says - same as Christine - that the 2 of them were horrible to each other.

just the militant stevie cult keeps pushing the "she was abused" narrative as some kind of apologist excuse for her horrible behavior.
__________________

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 09-21-2019, 02:34 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 11,008
Default

i stand corrected about the date this doc was filmed. Richard Dashut had a facebook post on May 20, 2019, that BBC was coming to his home that day to interview him for a doc about Christine.

so IF Lindsey was not interviewed because he couldn't talk or was recuperating at the time, saying that he is recuperating from a heart attack would have been hugely powerful. the fact that was not said speaks volumes about band's agenda.
__________________

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"

Last edited by elle; 09-21-2019 at 02:37 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 09-21-2019, 03:00 PM
BLY BLY is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Posts: 1,320
Default

so IF Lindsey was not interviewed because he couldn't talk or was recuperating at the time, saying that he is recuperating from a heart attack would have been hugely powerful. the fact that was not said speaks volumes about band's agenda.[/QUOTE]


I’m sure Lindsey wasn’t interviewed because he wasn’t asked and if he was he declined so he could wait for when he comes out with his new cd. My thought is that he is recovering and will use his “coming out” to spill his guts on his MAC departure while he promotes his new music. I remember him saying in an interview years back about this collection of music that it’s very “pop”........Fleetwood Macish?😎
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 09-21-2019, 03:08 PM
FuzzyPlum FuzzyPlum is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 2,885
Default

What's the story with Stevie's teeth?

Sorry, I'm not an authority on Stevie Nick's teeth. I don't ever remember seeing her in 1970's footage with bad teeth. However, I think she was a bit 'gappy' in the 90's. I thought in the 00's and 10's her teeth were okay but then in that doc last night her teeth looked really f*@#ing awful....huge gaps.

Could somebody in the know please enlighten me?

thank you
__________________

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 09-21-2019, 03:27 PM
bombaysaffires bombaysaffires is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: West Coast
Posts: 4,974
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
the thing is - she never said this. she never said she was abused and always says - same as Christine - that the 2 of them were horrible to each other.

just the militant stevie cult keeps pushing the "she was abused" narrative as some kind of apologist excuse for her horrible behavior.
yeah sorry, I should have put the word in quotation marks to indicate that I meant if she was supposedly 'abused'

What they actually had was a mutually co dependent relationship. Not as catchy apparently in the media.
__________________

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 09-21-2019 at 03:33 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 09-21-2019, 03:30 PM
bombaysaffires bombaysaffires is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: West Coast
Posts: 4,974
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
What's the story with Stevie's teeth?

Sorry, I'm not an authority on Stevie Nick's teeth. I don't ever remember seeing her in 1970's footage with bad teeth. However, I think she was a bit 'gappy' in the 90's. I thought in the 00's and 10's her teeth were okay but then in that doc last night her teeth looked really f*@#ing awful....huge gaps.

Could somebody in the know please enlighten me?

thank you
She got caps or veneers somewhere after she started her solo career. You can see in early Mac pics for ex her two front teeth on top are rather large and slightly bucked out. Later you see she has all perfectly symmetrical, same sized teeth.

A lot of us noticed how lispy she was on her last solo album (with Dave S). She was very lispy in the CBS interview about the new lineup, and she was very lispy in this documentary as well.

Not sure if she got new/updated teeth, maybe she had some of the false veneers removed?? I couldn't see her top teeth in this one but her bottom ones looked either grungy or as you say gappy. Addicts aren't known for maintaining great personal hygiene; maybe she's got some residual tooth damage from that... though she typically goes all out with top notch cosmetic issues.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 09-21-2019, 03:34 PM
bombaysaffires bombaysaffires is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: West Coast
Posts: 4,974
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i stand corrected about the date this doc was filmed. Richard Dashut had a facebook post on May 20, 2019, that BBC was coming to his home that day to interview him for a doc about Christine.

so IF Lindsey was not interviewed because he couldn't talk or was recuperating at the time, saying that he is recuperating from a heart attack would have been hugely powerful. the fact that was not said speaks volumes about band's agenda.
they made no attempt to indicate at all that there were two sides to the story. you know Stevie's never going to admit it.

Interestingly for once Mick said nothing about his departure at all. He's the one that's been pushed forward to say something about it in all the tour interviews.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Fleetwood Mac Signed Guitar Buckingham McVie Fleetwood Autographed Strat -Nicks
$899.0
Fleetwood Mac Signed Guitar Buckingham McVie Fleetwood Autographed Strat -Nicks pictureThree Signed Fleetwood Mac "Rumours" Autograph (3) PSA Original 1977 -1st Press
$890.0
Three Signed Fleetwood Mac Fleetwood Mac Signed Guitar Lindsey Buckingham Autographed Strat. (Nicks, McVee)
$499.0
Fleetwood Mac Signed Guitar Lindsey Buckingham Autographed Strat. (Nicks, McVee) pictureFleetwood Mac Vintage Jacket 70s/80s Rock Band From England.
$450.0
Fleetwood Mac Vintage Jacket 70s/80s Rock Band From England. pictureSIGNED - Mick Fleetwood "Mac" Drumhead 12" + Pic
$400.0
SIGNED - Mick Fleetwood



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved