The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-20-2018, 01:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Nope she lives 3000 miles away and texted ME. “I’m so pissed at her”. I had nothing to do with it and she doesn’t even know about this board.
Old 10-20-2018, 01:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
Misogyny and sexism live on almost almost 50 years after the Feminist Movement made its indelible mark on this country. It's how ****ler got elected. White males were pissed off because what they believed was their privilege had been "stolen" from them by women and minorities. Now poor Lindsey Buckingham has been fired for smirking and it must be a woman's fault.
I'm a feminist, and have been for probably longer than you've been alive.

And that sentence and the connection you are trying to make with the first part of your statement (with which I agree) is just ridiculous.

Selective reading will give you the message you want. Some of the most vociferous voices against Stevie on here are equally brutal against Mick. What name should we label them for that? Are they racists against Brits?? Sizists against tall people??
Old 10-20-2018, 01:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yes M$ck sucks just as much. Money grubbing wh$re.

Last edited by secondhandchain; 10-20-2018 at 08:33 PM..
Old 10-20-2018, 02:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Mick is by far the worst offender in the band given how he's handled himself over the years, especially in the name of "business".

It's just Stevie's actions now that are in the limelight because we know now through direct and indirect sources that this was her doing and, probably by the sounds of it, unjustified. Doing terrible things in the past doesn't justify being vilified years later, especially if you've made amends or tried to. Do I honestly think Lindsey is still the drugged out abusive person he used to be? No, just like I don't think Mick Fleetwood is a coked, sketchy individual who'll screw over anybody for a quick buck anymore.

But to ignore a person's bad behavior because the other person 'did some bad stuff' is senseless and irresponsible and partly the reason they are behaving like this in the first place, because no one calls them out on it. And that goes for anybody in the band, not just Stevie or Mick.
Old 10-20-2018, 02:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
I'm a feminist, and have been for probably longer than you've been alive.
I doubt it.
Old 10-20-2018, 02:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Do YOU understand that Fleetwood Mac used to be a BAND? With THREE songwriters all pretty much equally contributing?????? And that it's now no longer a band?

And that your beloved queen ended that for us???? That it's now the $tevie Nick$ show? Can't you see that?

The old goat should have just left, and stayed solo. But old Dick needs her, for a bigger paycheck for his loser ass.

I can certainly see it. Most of us do. And have the right to speak out about it as long as we want to. It is OUR band, that was hijacked by a short sighted, selfish egotist.

So my positive would be that Lindsey will likely be happier and more fulfilled in his solo career now.

Majority rules! Hah! Stevie rules. This article is just more proof of that and makes it even more credible that it was she alone getting Lindsey fired.
Old 10-20-2018, 03:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotonRodeo View Post
Wonderful. The band has chosen the least musically qualified person to rule the band.
You mean the one who’s sold 30 million albums as a solo artist and is about to be the first woman to be inducted into the Hall of Fame for the second time? While I’m not a huge Stevie fan, she clearly knows what she’s doing.

Quote:
What other band in its right mind would allow a person whose musical knowledge extends to plonk plonk plonk on a piano to become its musical director?
Running the show isn’t the same as being musical director. I doubt they have anyone acting as a designated musical director.

Quote:
With Mike fortuitously becoming available she saw her chance and took it.
I’m positive Stevie wishes Mike hadn’t become available.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-20-2018, 07:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
You mean the one who’s sold 30 million albums as a solo artist and is about to be the first woman to be inducted into the Hall of Fame for the second time? While I’m not a huge Stevie fan, she clearly knows what she’s doing.

30 million albums to be generous I'd give her half that amount for North America but she has never had Fleetwood Mac's international appeal .Except for Australia and New Zealand(not exactly the most populous areas) she has not had sustained mainstream popularity anywhere else as solo artist . Last I knew she has not been inducted yet.

Old 10-20-2018, 08:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
I doubt it.
I don't. And no, I don't think you're a twenty something.
Old 10-20-2018, 11:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
I can certainly see it. Most of us do. And have the right to speak out about it as long as we want to. It is OUR band, that was hijacked by a short sighted, selfish egotist.

So my positive would be that Lindsey will likely be happier and more fulfilled in his solo career now.

Majority rules! Hah! Stevie rules. This article is just more proof of that and makes it even more credible that it was she alone getting Lindsey fired.
Well, he already said "it was all Stevie", and she didn't deny it. Case closed.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 10-21-2018, 12:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
Ricky Peterson answers the door to his hotel room on the day after this article drops. Karen is standing there, flanked by two hired goons from.
"Oh, hi Karen."
"Hi Ricky. We need to talk."
The smile fades from Ricky's face.
watch him mysteriously get an "illness"
and need to be replaced for the rest of the tour dates ...
Old 10-21-2018, 01:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Tambourine biotch/witch is NOT going to be happy with this article. This guys on her hit list for sure! She might give him one more chance. "you SAW what I did to that A hole who does those bombastic guitar solos and likes to do a thousand overdubs ( yes she actually said some of that stuff)! I will CRUSH YOU!!!! KAREN BRING ME MY FLIP PHONE!
Old 10-21-2018, 01:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
Tambourine biotch/witch is NOT going to be happy with this article. This guys on her hit list for sure! She might give him one more chance. "you SAW what I did to that A hole who does those bombastic guitar solos and likes to do a thousand overdubs ( yes she actually said some of that stuff)! I will CRUSH YOU!!!! KAREN BRING ME MY FLIP PHONE!
see I"m not so sure. It rubs it right in Lindsey's face that she's the boss now, and everyone is soooooo happy and there's no fighting la la la la lah......
And *she* didn't have to say it, nor anyone in her camp...

Nothing about this whole thing surprises me anymore.
Old 10-21-2018, 01:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Tambourine biotch/witch is NOT going to be happy with this article.
Why wouldn't Stevie be happy with this article? She IS he most capable person to run the show so what is wrong with stating the obvious? I think that she should get credit where credit is due. Imho the insistance of Mick and Lindsey that FM is a "real" band who happens to have 2 female players in it got really old over the years. Mick is the worst offender in downplaying Stevies and Christines archivements and I'm glad that that seems to be over now (In 1990, Mick told an interviewer that during the sessions for BTM he learned that Christine was more than a pretty face. He had the nerve to actually say that).
Old 10-21-2018, 01:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
$he won't be happy being proclaimed the boss, especially after saying that $he wasn't...

And BTW, thanks for the new signature!