Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Present Band
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-25-2018, 08:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Objectively speaking:

I was surprised Mick even acknowledged Lindsey was fired, so it was more honest than what I expected. He was polite about the decision, he answered the questions and no one badmouthed Lindsey. I appreciated the confirmation that things came to a boil at the MusiCares event, and Anthony saying most people that night watching the performance had no idea there had been a problem.

I was disappointed we didn't see more rehearsal footage. Seeing them sing the Chain briefly was awesome, but I wanted more.

I didn't see a problem with Mick acknowledging they also auditioned another singer. First of all, they didn't talk about it in the actual interview, that was something Anthony Mason shared with the hosts afterwards. Second, for all we know, that singer declined to join the band, not the other way around. I just don't think it was disrespectful for them to acknowledge they auditioned two different singers. More than likely, it was Billy Burnette, but who knows?

I wish John had said something about what it was like playing with Mike for the first time.

I thought it was hilarious when Stevie said they considered replacing Lindsey with anyone between the ages of 27 and 60. A funny line, but probably true. And Christine said Neil just barely made the cut- very funny.

I like how CBS This Morning gives the show hosts an opportunity to share their thoughts. They were quite enthusiastic about the upcoming tour.
Old 04-25-2018, 08:52 AM

I hope we'll get soon a clearer video, I couldn't hear well some parts since English is not my mother language.
However am I the only one who loved Stevie's hair in the rehearsal's footage? Gimme more curls!
Old 04-25-2018, 08:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I promise I'm not making this up, I cant figure out where the heck I saw it. I was on another music forum I think and somebody mentioned John Mayer was contacted! I will try and dig up where I read it, it's driving me crazy now.
Old 04-25-2018, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
I promise I'm not making this up, I cant figure out where the heck I saw it. I was on another music forum I think and somebody mentioned John Mayer was contacted! I will try and dig up where I read it, it's driving me crazy now.
John Mayer the guy who dated Taylor Swift? (I don't even know how I know this)
Old 04-25-2018, 09:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

here ya go:
https://www.cbsnews.com/video/fleetw...as-a-new-band/
Old 04-25-2018, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kak125 View Post
Thanks, I've listened just now.
I wonder if they said that the new line-up is not temporary just because it seemed more convenient or they are shutting off the door to Lindsey. If it's the latter I'm sad because I somehow hope that they'll reunite again.
Old 04-25-2018, 09:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
Thanks, I've listened just now.
I wonder if they said that the new line-up is not temporary just because it seemed more convenient or they are shutting off the door to Lindsey. If it's the latter I'm sad because I somehow hope that they'll reunite again.
You're welcome. I do hope that they reunite with Lindsey again at some point but I'm also excited for this new version of Fleetwood Mac. I would love for them to record some new music even if it's just a few songs that they could put up on itunes or something.
Old 04-25-2018, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kak125 View Post
You're welcome. I do hope that they reunite with Lindsey again at some point but I'm also excited for this new version of Fleetwood Mac. I would love for them to record some new music even if it's just a few songs that they could put up on itunes or something.
Yes, I thought about an EP too, maybe after Tom's death the proximity with Mike Campbell (which I adore) and a songwriter of the caliber of Neil Finn could stir up Stevie's creative vein.
However I want to say again that I still hope they can smooth out their divergences with Lindsey in the future.
Old 04-25-2018, 10:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The new line-up wants to record? Interesting.
Old 04-25-2018, 11:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

There was a short segment when they finished the interview footage and returned to the studio when a voice over said something to the effect of "the band says if things work out they hope to record". That could be very exciting.
Old 04-25-2018, 01:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feather Blade View Post
There was a short segment when they finished the interview footage and returned to the studio when a voice over said something to the effect of "the band says if things work out they hope to record". That could be very exciting.
Oh, what an irony that would be. To be honest, that for me is the clincher as a Mac fan. I'm more interested in that than the next tour. Bring it on and let's see what you're made of, guys and gals, but my primary interest will be Lindsey's musical future.

I'm not saying it's an omen but Fleetwood Mac as a sextet have produced amongst their least-regarded work.. Behind the Mask, Penguin and Time. With Finn and Campbell I'm more optimistic than anything Walker, Vito, Burnette, Mason and Bramlett managed to contribute, however.

But oh, the loss of future Buckingham soundscapes in the context of Fleetwood Mac is hard to bear. Time, precious time....
Old 04-25-2018, 01:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

So if things work out they want to record? THAT's an insult to Buckingham for sure.
Old 04-25-2018, 01:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I actually thought they actually looked awkward and nervous....christine’s Body language indicated she wanted to be anywhere but there
Old 04-25-2018, 01:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Christine's body language and demeanour throughout that interview was very interesting, I thought. I don't want to project my own thoughts onto her but the contrast with Stevie was very marked.

Christine was so far to the left in that brief footage of them playing the Chain she was practically outside the theatre.

I'm indulging in a bit of Kremlinology here, I know. but I wonder what her feelings will be after the tour.

Ooh, Storms123,you beat me to it.

Last edited by Mr Scarrott; 04-25-2018 at 02:01 PM.. Reason: acknowledging Storms123's post
Old 04-25-2018, 02:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
So if things work out they want to record? THAT's an insult to Buckingham for sure.
Of course it is! And Mick acknowledged Lindsey's firing (but we don't use the word 'firing' because is a nasty word) because he was forced by fans.
How can anyone possibly think Lindsey wanted the band to wait for him for 2 years? He said the day after Musicares that he wanted to intermingle tour dates.
The interview was full of lies but it was exactly what we expected.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.