User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-18-2017, 06:53 PM
Ledgie

Unhappy Farewell Chris Cornell

https://youtu.be/5Pt03oU6RHI?list=RD5Pt03oU6RHI
So sad to hear of his passing I saw him on his solo acoustic tour a few years ago at UB, what an amazing voice .
Old 05-18-2017, 08:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmbrFireflie View Post
https://youtu.be/5Pt03oU6RHI?list=RD5Pt03oU6RHI
So sad to hear of his passing I saw him on his solo acoustic tour a few years ago at UB, what an amazing voice .
i couldn't believe it when i first heard this morning. still can't. so young, on the top, in the middle of making new Soundgarden album and the tour. it looked like he was one of the big grunge era icons who came out on the other side seemingly unscathed. but appareances are deceiving... they mentioned on my local radio this morning that all of the sudden Eddie Vedder trended this morning - not because of anything that happened to him, but because he as the only one now - Kurt Cobain, Chris Cornell, Layne Staney, Scott Weiland are all gone now.

i saw him four times in the last couple of years - once with Soundgarden, and 3 times solo, twice on the acoustic tour for Higher Truth and once doing just a few songs in a tiny place sponsored by the local alternative radio station. his solo acoustic preformances especially were fantastic, possibly best liv e shows i've ever seen and so worth it - different than the recordings, raw, responsive and engaging with the audience, doing some requests, 2.5-3 hours long, unbelievable voice. after i saw him solo the first time, i knew i will never miss his show whenever he comes to my area. current Soundgarden tour (as well as recent Temple of the Dog tour) were not coming close to me so was gonna wait for whenever / however he tours next.

last time i saw him live was a bit less than a year ago, after Prince died. he was doing a cover of Nothing Compares 2 U (which was regularly in his solo setlist) and talking about Prince. can't believe he's gone now too.

some pics i took -

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"

Last edited by elle; 05-18-2017 at 08:22 PM..
Old 05-18-2017, 08:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I am super bummed about this. Chris Cornell was my favorite male singer by far. Feels personal.

I saw him solo at the House of Blues in Las Vegas in 2006.
Old 05-18-2017, 08:31 PM
Ledgie

Thank You for sharing your pics. It's just unbelievably heartbreaking .. He gave me chills when I heard him live, and I love his cover of Nothing compares 2 U! His version of John Lennon's "Imagine" was a highlight when I saw him also. I believe Ann Wilson is scheduled to appear on Jimmy Kimmel tonight. Since she was a friend of his, I'm inclined to believe she will sing one of his songs in dedication. You never know what a person is going through internally, it's just a shame he couldn't go on
Old 05-18-2017, 08:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmbrFireflie View Post
Thank You for sharing your pics. It's just unbelievably heartbreaking .. He gave me chills when I heard him live, and I love his cover of Nothing compares 2 U! His version of John Lennon's "Imagine" was a highlight when I saw him also. I believe Ann Wilson is scheduled to appear on Jimmy Kimmel tonight. Since she was a friend of his, I'm inclined to believe she will sing one of his songs in dedication. You never know what a person is going through internally, it's just a shame he couldn't go on
yes, i think he would often introduce it as the most beautiful song ever written.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-18-2017, 09:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The greatest of the grunge era singers ..actually one of the greatest male rock voices period R.I.P.

Old 05-19-2017, 03:49 AM

I almost didn't believe it yesterday, this is really a tragedy; Chris Cornell had maybe the best voice of his peers.
Old 05-20-2017, 02:11 AM
Ledgie

Default Ann Wilson Tribute

https://youtu.be/hCzgPwbj1s8 I expected her to change her planned song and do a tribute, which she did. Last minute, and she was a friend of his They probably asked her to do the most popular song on short notice. I wished she did " Say hello to heaven", but that may have been too emotional. Just thought I'd post it here
Old 05-20-2017, 07:18 AM

Sadly it seems that the infamous Klonopin may have played some factor in Chris' death:

Was Chris Cornell taking ‘the world’s deadliest’ prescription medication?

In speaking out against a medical examiner’s preliminary finding that Chris Cornell died of suicide by hanging, his family said he was not suicidal and suggested that side effects of prescription drugs could have led to his death.

Specifically, they point out that the Seattle-based Soundgarden and Audioslave frontman may have taken “an extra Ativan or two” before his death and wonder if this commonly prescribed anti-anxiety medication affected his actions, People reported. Soundgarden lead vocalist Chris Cornell performs in concert at the Bill Graham Civic Auditorium, in San Francisco, Calif., on Thursday, July 21, 2011.

Cornell, 52, was found in his hotel room at the MGM Grand Detroit following his grunge band’s performance Wednesday night. According to his wife Vicky, Cornell was slurring his words when she spoke to him on the phone after his show. He admitted to her that he had taken more than his prescribed dose of Ativan. Vicky Cornell said the call prompted her to contact security to ask that they check on him.

Cornell family’s attorney Kirk Pasich said in a statement that the family is “disturbed” by inferences that Cornell knowingly and intentionally took his life. Pasich said such conclusions shouldn’t be made before the results of toxicology tests come in.

“Without the results of toxicology tests, we do not know what was going on with Chris — or if any substances contributed to his demise,” Pasich said. “Chris, a recovering addict, had a prescription for Ativan and may have taken more Ativan than recommended dosages. The family believes that if Chris took his life, he did not know what he was doing, and that drugs or other substances may have affected his actions.”

Ativan is the brand name for lorazepam,a benzodiazepine, that is used to treat anxiety, drug withdrawal, agoraphobia and seizure disorders, among other things. According to the U.S. National Library of Medicine, serious side effects of using Ativan include worsening depression, unusual mood or behavior and suicidal thoughts.

Like all benzodiazepines, Ativan is mostly intended for short-term use and comes with a risk of dependance and addiction. The addiction and recovery website The Fix puts dependance on “benzos” in more dire terms, describing addiction to drugs in this class as particularly grueling and potentially lethal.

“When it comes to prescription drugs that are not only able to kill you but can drag out the final reckoning for years on end, with worsening misery at every step of the way, it is hard to top the benzodiazepines,” writer Christopher Byron says in the 2011 post, which is headlined “Is this the world’s deadliest pill?”
The brand name for other benzos include Valium, famously known as “mother’s little helper”; Restoril, which was developed as a short-term treatment for insomnia but became known as the “date rape” drug; and Xanax, which at one point may have accounted for 60 percent of all hospital admissions for addiction, Byron said.

Then there is Klonopin, the brand name for the pill known as clonazepam, which was originally brought to the market in 1975 as a medication for epileptic seizures. Since then, Klonopin, as well as other benzos, have become “a prescription of choice for drug abusers from Hollywood to Wall Street.”

Fleetwood Mac singer Stevie Nicks spoke openly in interviews about overcoming her addiction to Klonopin, the Fix says. But other celebrities didn’t survive their experience with benzodiazepines: model and actress Margaux Hemingway committed suicide by overdosing on a barbiturate-benzodiazepine cocktail in 1996 and Hollywood producer Don Simpson died from an unintentional benzo-based overdose. Author David Foster Wallace, who was suffering from profound depression, was prescribed Klonopin before he hanged himself in his back yard in September 2008.

With regard to the Soundgarden singer, Vicky Cornell’s statement Friday describes her husband as a devoted father and husband whose world revolved around his family first and his music second.

“Chris’s death is a loss that escapes words and has created an emptiness in my heart that will never be filled,” she said about her husband, whom she wed in Paris in 2004. Together, they have two children, Toni, 12, and Christopher, 11. The singer also had a daughter Lillian, 16, from his previous marriage to Susan Silver.

Vicky Cornell said her husband flew home for Mother’s Day to spend time with his children and stayed through Wednesday before flying to Detroit to perform. During his visit home, she said, he talked about vacation plans for Memorial Day weekend and “other things we wanted to do.”

“What happened is inexplicable and I am hopeful that further medical reports will provide additional details,” she said. “I know that he loved our children and he would not hurt them by intentionally taking his own life.”

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/05/1...on-medication/
Old 05-20-2017, 06:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

2007 Sound Off Rock Legends interview with Chris Cornell on AXS tv right now (7:30-8 pm EST).

Old 07-20-2017, 03:32 PM

Default Goddamn it 2017

BREAKING NEWS: Linkin Park singer and father-of-six Chester Bennington commits suicide aged 41 on the birthday of his late friend Chris Cornell

Chester Bennington, 41, hanged himself at his Palos Verdes home near Los Angeles on Thursday morning
Law enforcement officials say his body was found shortly before 9am
The Linkin Park frontman had a history of drug and alcohol abuse
Bennington was married to his wife Talinda and is survived by his six children
His suicide came on the day of his late friend Chris Cornell's birthday
He sang for the crowd of mourners at Cornell's funeral after his suicide in May
Linkin Park were in the middle of a tour when news broke of his death

Linkin Park lead singer Chester Bennington has committed suicide.
The 41-year-old hanged himself in his home in Palos Verdes near Los Angeles on Thursday morning, TMZ reports.
Law enforcement officials say his body was found shortly before 9am.
The Los Angeles County coroner confirmed they were investigating Bennington's death as an apparent suicide but no additional details were available.
The singer had a history of drug and alcohol abuse. He was married and is survived by his six children.

Bennington's suicide came on the day of his late friend Chris Cornell's birthday. The Soundgarden rocker killed himself in May by hanging. Cornell would have turned 53.
Chester, as well as Linkin Park guitarist Brad Delson, had performed Leonard Cohen's 'Hallelujah' for the crowd of mourners at Cornell's funeral, many of whom were moved to tears.
Linkin Park was on tour following the release of the bands latest album One More Light. They had a show at New York's Citi Field scheduled for next week with Blink 182.
Bennington was married to his second wife Talinda Ann Bentley, a former Playboy model, for 12 years. He divorced his first wife Samantha Marie Olit in 2005 after nine years of marriage.
The frontman had been open about his history of substance abuse and admitted in one interview in 2011 that he had once been a 'full blown, raging alcoholic'.
He admitted to smoking pot after his parents divorced when he was 11. The drug use then spiraled into cocaine and meth.
Bennington had also previously spoken out about being sexually abused as a seven-year-old, saying he had been molested by an older male friend.
'If I think back to when I was really young, to when I was being molested, to when all these horrible things were going on around me, I shudder,' he said in one interview.

He said he went to rehab for his drug and alcohol addiction after marrying his second wife and really began to change in 2007.
In a 2011 interview, he said he was sober.
'I don't drink. I choose to be sober now. I have drunk over the last six years, but I just don't want to be that person anymore.
Linkin Park's sixth and latest album, One More Light, jumped to the top of the Billboard chart when it was released in May.
The Grammy Award-winning group sold 10 million copies of their 2000 debut Hybrid Theory, and then another 4 million with 2003's multiplatinum Meteora. Both albums explored feelings of frustration and fury.
They famously collaborated with JAY-Z in 2004 for Collision Course.
They won Grammys for best hard rock performance in 2001 for Crawling and best rap/sung collaboration for Numb/Encore in 2005.

Bennington formed his own band, Dead by Sunrise, as a side project in 2005.
He was also the lead vocalist for Stone Temple Pilots from 2013 to 2015.
When he got his big break in 1999, Bennington was an assistant at a digital-services firm in Phoenix. A music executive sent him a demo from the band Xero, who needed a lead singer.
Bennington wrote and recorded new vocals over the band's playing and sent the results back. He soon got the gig and the band then changed its named to Hybrid Theory, then Linkin Park.
He told The Associated Press in 2010 that because of the sound the band is known for, it's virtually impossible to satisfy their many kinds of fans.
'We're making music for us, that we like. We're not making music for other people,' he said.
'We're not thinking, 'Let's make a pie-graph of all our fans and find out how many people fit in whatever category and then make the perfect album for them.' Like, that would be absolutely ridiculous.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4nPEf01cq
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook