Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-01-2013, 01:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Smile Does Lindsey Laugh?

"ahhh! do you have any good stories?? Is he easy to talk to? Does he laugh? lol"

~

getTusked asked this in Rumours forum, earlier this week, but I thought it deserved a thread all it's own in Lindsey's forum.

So how about we post any stories, photos, or videos of Lindsey laughing and/or smiling, as well as any nice fan interactions/recollections/photos w/Lindsey. The more candid or random, the better!

Here are a few of my favorites:

Start with this wonderful old thread,which discusses Lindsey's giggling
http://http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=6002

And then there are these adorable moments:

this is where the "before you were born" schtick came from:

And one really special meet and greet:

I know you guys can think of more...
Old 09-01-2013, 03:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Thumbs up He laughs!

Went to San Francisco back in 2006 to see LB and took this short video after the show. That was the night I could have kicked myself because John Stewart (yes, THAT one!!) came out back, but I decided not to approach him, for some odd reason. I regret that BIG TIME.

Anyway, yes, LB does laugh, joke and have fun (biting that pen towards the end. Heh.)

Last edited by wondergirl9847; 09-01-2013 at 03:21 PM..
Old 09-01-2013, 03:16 PM
Ledgie

I already love this thread lol! Please people post post!!

I love Linds but I've heard so many negative things about him... Snarky attitude, arrogance, and the crazy crap written in Storms... I just would like to hear more positives about him. I've never met him but I know a lot of you guys have had positive experiences so please share
Old 09-01-2013, 04:44 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondergirl9847 View Post
Went to San Francisco back in 2006 to see LB and took this short video after the show. That was the night I could have kicked myself because John Stewart (yes, THAT one!!) came out back, but I decided not to approach him, for some odd reason. I regret that BIG TIME.

Anyway, yes, LB does laugh, joke and have fun (biting that pen towards the end. Heh.)

Thank you for sharing this video! And the ones from Lindsfan were great too! Def enjoying this. I hope one day ill have a video of my own to post
Old 09-01-2013, 09:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It's hard to hear in this video (), but I've always loved this intro to Rock Away Blind in Council Bluffs, IA last year where he says he hopes he doesn't f*ck it up. There's also a nice Lindsey smile in the beginning as well.

Also, here are some great smile pictures from his OMS show in Des Moines, IA in 2012:

Old 09-02-2013, 12:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-02-2013, 12:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-02-2013, 05:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I met him 3 times in about 6 days in oktober 2008. He was the most calm, friendly, relaxed and sincerely interested man I've met. No arrogance, no distance, he was even easygoing in physical contact; arm around me for the photo, always handshaking and he said goodbye by holding my hand with both his hands. Very warm and heartfelt. Yes, he's charismatic But no, not a pompous ass. Surely he had that in the past, and maybe in the present too, at times, but that is totally NOT my experience.

Old 09-02-2013, 08:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
I met him 3 times in about 6 days in oktober 2008. He was the most calm, friendly, relaxed and sincerely interested man I've met. No arrogance, no distance, he was even easygoing in physical contact; arm around me for the photo, always handshaking and he said goodbye by holding my hand with both his hands. Very warm and heartfelt. Yes, he's charismatic But no, not a pompous ass. Surely he had that in the past, and maybe in the present too, at times, but that is totally NOT my experience.
I've been lucky enough to meet him multiple times as well, and he's been nothing but friendly and sincere every single time. He's always been kind enough to stop for a hello and some small talk. I've never felt any distance or arrogance either and I think he really is a warm and open person and any arrogance and distance was in the past (if ever). I don't know where that reputation comes from, but I've never personally experienced it.
Old 09-03-2013, 11:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I guess I've had three interactions with him off-stage (one was a signing...and, that was the worst for me because that damned line made me nervous and I sort of didn't hear what he said to me). But, he was sweet, anyway.

First interaction--EXTREMELY kind. Really. It was after one of the last SYW concerts. We had been to A LOT and they pretty much knew us by sight. I had been hanging back because I was with a friend who had a life goal of meeting him. She did and he posed for pictures with her and the camera malfunctioned for a moment and we were joking around (and so was he...he was not rushed--just seemed to be enjoying the experience). Nearly everyone had approached him and he was getting ready to leave and I thought...you will absolutely kick yourself if you don't go up to him and tell him how much his music has meant in your life. It was just one of those days when I had felt kind of down in the morning and early afternoon, so my shy side kicked in big time. Well, I went over to him and he had already turned to go to the elevator. I called out to him, he turned around and I said, "I just wanted to thank you..." and he grabbed my hand, said "thank YOU" and pulled me closer and kissed my cheek. I think I was on cloud 9 for a week after that.

I have no clue what happened next because I think I partially lost my mind. I went over to another friend and said to her, "did what I think just happened really happen?" and she said (think Southern drawl) "He kissed your face."
He had also obviously just showered or slapped on cologne because the group of us were sitting in the hotel's restaurant sniffing my hand (I drew the line at sniffing my face) and trying to figure out what cologne it was. Never did identify it but it was nice. That was a fun, fun evening. Brett and Taku came over and talked to us for a while. Great time.

Second time--another hotel. We knew the solo band was staying there and we were a group of four, I think, just sitting at the table next to Brett and Wally. (I think Neal was there but a bit further away). We were all set to leave when Lindsey walked in. He literally sat at the next table, but the way things were spaced--he was back to back with me (chairs touching, really). I tried not to totally stare (but, mind you, he had greeted us beforehand and didn't mind at all that we were eavesdropping). At one point, he was saying something silly and grabbed my arm and repeated it. I then started talking to him a bit and things I thought were amusing, he was taking literally. And, it ocurred to me that he was not being dense or didn't have a sense of humor (and it was completely impossible that I was NOT being funny)...but, I figured out, he was probably yanking my chain. Although, when I invited him to do a concert in the Bronx...he did say, "you mean, Harlem?" and I just told him to go to Manhattan and I'll come to see him. Venues in the Bronx are few and far-from-safe.
He's very sweet and relaxed in real life. And kind. I think he realizes how important it all is to us.
Oh--I did see him in another hotel lobby in Baltimore. I had NO CLUE he was staying there. I was using the WiFi in the lobby when he came in, post-concert. But, he had his manager/handler with him and in spite of the fact that, at that moment, I was probably the only one there who had gone to the concert--this guy dragged him off to the elevator in 2.5 seconds. All I did was sit there and smile.
Old 09-03-2013, 11:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Old 09-03-2013, 11:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Old 09-03-2013, 12:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I wish I would have started recording sooner lots of giggles!

Just a dream, just a dream.
Old 09-03-2013, 11:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart Lindsey...

Referring to the OP and the initial question, yes Lindsey is sooooo easy to talk to. If only I wasn't so nervous whenever I have encountered him because he is honestly one of the nicest, most down-to-earth people. He doesn't just brush you off or rush you through whatever you may want to say- or at least that was never my experience. He looks you in the eye and is sincerely interested and takes the time. I've always considered myself more of a distant type of fangirl. I love Lindsey's art primarily and I love watching him perform because of those skills and the incredible songs and his charisma/stage presence/energy level and the quality of his shows and the 1000% effort he always puts into them.

But meeting him and whatnot, it's always nerve-wrecking because I'm just not that kind of person to confront my favorite artists. But he makes it so lovely and incredible. He's just an awesome, cool guy. What more can I say?

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 09-04-2013, 12:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie