Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-26-2012, 11:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Asheville, NC - November 11?

Saw this tweet:

AC Entertainment ‏@AC_Ent
.@FleetwoodMac frontman Lindsey Buckingham performs @TRCK29 on 11/ 7, @ThePeel on 11/11 & @BijouTheatre on 11/12! http://bit.ly/SlQyiY

Not listed on the venue website, but there are no other acts for that day.
Old 09-26-2012, 12:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

http://concertwire.com/event/603898/lindsey-buckingham/

The Orange Peel
8:00 PM Sunday, November 11th
Doors open at 7:00 PM

Lindsey Buckingham has accomplished almost everything that can be done in rock ‘n’ roll, earning a spot in the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame with Fleetwood Mac, winning countless awards, selling out venues around the world, and helping define the sound of rock for the last 3 decades. He’s the predominant musical force behind such Mac albums as Rumours and the innovative Tusk, and has created a critically acclaimed body of solo work that yielded the hits, “Trouble,” “Go Insane,” and “Holiday Road.”

Sales Information:
Tickets go on sale Friday October 5th, 2012
$38.00 Advance / $40.00 Day of Show plus applicable service feesVenue:
The Orange Peel
828-398-1837 x301Ticket Sales Outlets:
The Orange Peel Box Office and Harvest Records101 Biltmore Avenue
Asheville, NC
Old 11-08-2012, 01:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Go Upstate November 8, 2012
http://www.goupstate.com/article/201...-rock-and-folk

SUNDAY

Asheville, N.C.: THE ORANGE PEEL, 101 Biltmore Ave., 828-225-5851: Lindsey Buckingham. 8 p.m. $38, $40

Named last year to Rolling Stone magazine's list of “The 100 Greatest Guitarists of All Time,” Lindsey Buckingham is a skilled instrumentalist known for his distinctive picking style. Although most recognized for his role in Fleetwood Mac, Buckingham puts on an awe-inspiring solo show.
Old 11-14-2012, 12:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

gripes: seated show even though this is generally a GA SRO venue. moat?!?!?

other than that, the show was amazing, sounded great.

he did just a snippet / chorus of Down On Rodeo on request, before Trouble.

don't know if anybody has got it on the video, but a friend of mine recorded an audio of the whole show.

more photos here - http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...1507240&type=1

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"

Last edited by elle; 11-14-2012 at 12:43 AM..
Old 11-14-2012, 12:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
gripes: seated show even though this is generally a GA SRO venue. moat?!?!?
What do you mean? There was something surrounding the stage keeping Lindsey separated from the audience? Do you think it was part of the venue and is always there or was it arranged just for his show?

Michele
Old 11-14-2012, 12:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
What do you mean? There was something surrounding the stage keeping Lindsey separated from the audience? Do you think it was part of the venue and is always there or was it arranged just for his show?

Michele
i think part of the venue. actually most shows that i've been to other than Lindsey's have that - that little metal barrier between audience and the stage. i don't know if he normally asks for that to be removed or just randomly ends up in venues that don't have that. i posted the link to some more photos above - check the second and third photo.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-14-2012, 07:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

^He must have heard you would be there, Elle.
Old 11-14-2012, 10:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
^He must have heard you would be there, Elle.
lol. you might be onto something. he did call us troublemakers in Asheville and felt the need to introduce us as such to the rest of the audience next day in Knoxville .

Old 11-14-2012, 10:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
lol. you might be onto something. he did call us troublemakers in Asheville and felt the need to introduce us as such to the rest of the audience next day in Knoxville .
Old 11-14-2012, 01:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
He should dedicate Trouble especially to you. Michele
Old 11-14-2012, 08:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Old 11-16-2012, 09:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Trouble -

Old 11-17-2012, 10:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

NGBA -

Old 11-17-2012, 11:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

http://nickslive.blogspot.com/2012/1...peel.html#more

"Trouble" at The Orange Peel

http://jasonbugg.com/blog/2012/11/12...l-november-11/

Lindsey Buckingham Live at The Orange Peel

by: Jason Bugg

When he walked out on stage I thought for a moment that I might hate him. His hair is well-coiffed and curly on top, his leather jacket tight, his jeans tighter and his shirt unbuttoned a little too far and displaying a cross necklace on his sweaty, hairless chest. He wears boots with a slight lift in them and he sucks in his cheeks while standing still on stage. Every movement in done in a completely self-conscious manner and many of the self-penned songs he performs references the author as a “visionary”.

The man was Lindsey Buckingham, and everything about him screamed Southern California sleaze; too much money for too long coupled with a lot of cocaine in his distant past. The Peruvian Bam-Bam is gone now, and the rock legend remains. His delivery is slower and less frantic than it has been in the past, but each moment is measured and calculated for maximum effect. But despite the personality quirks and an ego-maniacal persona, his show at the Orange Peel on November 11, 2012 was good. Damn good.

Full Review at Jasonbugg.com

[it's a great review but this Jason has it set up so you can't easily copy/paste it but have to go to his site to read the full review... - it's worth a read!]

Old 11-17-2012, 01:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^Thanks.

http://jasonbugg.com/blog/2012/11/12...l-november-11/

On November 12, 2012 by Jason Bugg

Lindsey Buckingham, The Orange Peel, November 11

When he walked out on stage I thought for a moment that I might hate him. His hair is well-coiffed and curly on top, his leather jacket tight, his jeans tighter and his shirt unbuttoned a little too far and displaying a cross necklace on his sweaty, hairless chest. He wears boots with a slight lift in them and he sucks in his cheeks while standing still on stage. Every movement in done in a completely self-conscious manner and many of the self-penned songs he performs references the author as a “visionary”.

The man was Lindsey Buckingham, and everything about him screamed Southern California sleaze; too much money for too long coupled with a lot of cocaine in his distant past. The Peruvian Bam-Bam is gone now, and the rock legend remains. His delivery is slower and less frantic than it has been in the past, but each moment is measured and calculated for maximum effect. But despite the personality quirks and an ego-maniacal persona, his show at the Orange Peel on November 11, 2012 was good. Damn good.

For most people, Buckingham is the guy who slept with Stevie Nicks for a few years and, after dumping her, made her sing backing vocals on a song that said that “packing up and shaking up” was all she wanted to do. That interpersonal drama mixed with some other damn fine songs lead Fleetwood Mac to dizzying heights. But while Nicks enjoyed solo hit after solo hit, Buckingham never really coalesced what he did around a successful pop single (his biggest hit, Trouble, was a Billboard #9 single in 1981).

Now, thirty-five years after his greatest success as an artist, Lindsey Buckingham is enjoying a quiet resurgence with a trio of solo albums, 2006’s Under the Skin, 2008’s Gift of Screws and 2011’s Seeds We Sow, showcase a quieter, more introspective Buckingham than his arena-ready reunions with Fleetwood Mac – in fact, during the performance he spoke of Fleetwood Mac as “the big machine” and his solo career as “the small machine”. The strength of these solo albums has lead to Buckingham touring more as a solo act – playing the sort of small theaters that Fleetwood Mac aren’t able to play.

It was this sort of performance that took place at the Orange Peel. The stage was full of amplifiers and little else, and over the course of an hour and fifteen minutes Lindsey Buckingham played material from all three of his excellent solo albums with a few Fleetwood Mac hits peppered in.

At 8:00 PM exactly, Buckingham took to the stage, wearing the leather jacket, tight jeans and unbuttoned shirt that I’d mentioned earlier, his jaw clinched, strumming a beautiful Taylor and playing chords that had his long fingers stretched all over the neck of the instrument. The first song out of the gates was a gorgeous and absolutely devastatingly slowed down version of “Cast Away Dreams” from Under the Skin. The version resembled a version from a DVD he released in 2008.

With that out of the way and the warm greetings from the audience, the performance moved on towards more solo material. As a fan of his last few releases, I was in heaven. The music showed a quieter, more introspective Buckingham and didn’t rely upon the drama of a relationship that ended before I was born as a selling point. Much of the audience didn’t seem as receptive towards songs like “Shut Us Down” and “Not Too Late” and instead waited for “Tusk” or “What Makes You Think You’re the One” to arrive – and they never did.

There were a few nods towards “the big machine”: a slowed-down version of “Never Going Back Again”, a turbo-charged version of “Big Love” that made my fingers hurt watching him, and a version of “Go Your Own Way”, complete with a backing drum track.

But the real star of the performance was Buckingham’s solo material. From an excellent version of “Go Insane” to a gorgeous version of “Trouble”, it was a night to appreciate the under rated talents of Lindsey Buckingham.

Upon leaving the show, I walked out of the venue thinking that the short running time factored into the cost of the ticket ($41 for a 75 minute performance) might be a little annoying, but Buckingham’s talent really made up for some of those misgivings. The guy is just too good.