User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-03-2018, 02:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
I do NOT want them back together again ever. LB is the only one I will support from now on. MAYBE LBCM if that happens. Coming from a former HUGE fan of SN, she can take her tambourine and her broomstick and ......I was going to say something but I'll finish it with ....fly away on it. Bye FELICIA!
I agree. I've been preaching to y'all for 15 years that she's Satan incarnate. Glad y'all finally drank my Kool-aid!
Old 07-03-2018, 02:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I agree. I've been preaching to y'all for 15 years that she's Satan incarnate. Glad y'all finally drank my Kool-aid!
I think I drank gallons of your kool aid because I literally can't STAND her now.
Old 07-03-2018, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Then shouldn’t it be Diet Rodent or Rodent Zero???
It's Rodent Light
Old 07-03-2018, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
So did Sugar Britches get bant?
Not from me. I'll check at the next meeting.
Old 07-03-2018, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Not from me. I'll check at the next meeting.
Just kidding... we don't have meetings..

seriously, I have no knowledge if it happened..
Old 07-03-2018, 03:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

It's my understanding that if one is permanently banned, one no longer shows up on the member list. He is still there. Thus, at most, he was temporarily banned. More likely, he finally realized the futility of his posts and left.

Last edited by sodascouts; 07-03-2018 at 03:57 PM..
Old 07-03-2018, 04:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
It's my understanding that if one is permanently banned, one no longer shows up on the member list. He is still there. Thus, at most, he was temporarily banned. More likely, he finally realized the futility of his posts and left.
I mean…I hope that’s the case. I’m objective about what happened, and even I realize Stevie lied about what went down. There may have been a good reason, or at least an understandable reason, for the split. But Stevie clearly wasn’t telling the truth about what happened.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 07-03-2018, 04:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I do hope Sugar Mouse hasn't been banned. I agree with very little of what he says but its good to have that alternate view point on here. Its good to add to the banter.

More like though, Micks realised he's been rumbled and is laying low for a while

Seriously- any activity is good activity and I hope he'll be back soon, albeit, I hope he learns to tone it down a bit.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 07-03-2018, 04:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by snroxman View Post
Now, moving forward, I'd love to see Lindsey get out and do some shows when he's ready - alone or with others - just for the fun of it.

Then, after the FM' tour is over, a reunion with Christine. Maybe a short acoustic tour, whatever they want, focusing on their combined solo careers. I'm thinking a largely acoustic show might be more supportive of both their voices. The acoustic version of "Friend" with Christine on vocals and Lindsey on guitar would be awesome.
Yes please! That would be so great. And you know something, it might just happen.
Old 07-03-2018, 05:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I mean…I hope that’s the case. I’m objective about what happened, and even I realize Stevie lied about what went down. There may have been a good reason, or at least an understandable reason, for the split. But Stevie clearly wasn’t telling the truth about what happened.
I really hope whoever interviews them next doesn't lob a bunch of softballs at them like the last guy did.--I hope someone actually calls them out on this--force them to speak the truth, even if it paints someone in a bad light. I know they are likely going to say "No questions about Lindsey" but I really don't think they can. And I hope any journalist with any bit of integrity will call them out on it, or walk away from the interview. The story here really is they sacked their lead guitarist right before what may be their farewell tour (although "An Evening with Fleetwood Mac" is an isht name for a final tour--just sayin') There really is no story in ANOTHER sort of greatest hits tour, albeit throwing some curveballs around here and there (Black Magic Woman, World IS Turning, Don't Dream it's Over, etc) I think we can agree most of what they play will be the same old stuff. Stevie herself has said, there are 11 songs we HAVE to play--that's almost half the set list.
I am so annoyed by this bunch...you'd think 3 months in I wouldn't be, nor should I be surprised--Oh well.
Old 07-03-2018, 05:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
I really hope whoever interviews them next doesn't lob a bunch of softballs at them like the last guy did.--I hope someone actually calls them out on this--force them to speak the truth, even if it paints someone in a bad light. I know they are likely going to say "No questions about Lindsey" but I really don't think they can. And I hope any journalist with any bit of integrity will call them out on it, or walk away from the interview. The story here really is they sacked their lead guitarist right before what may be their farewell tour (although "An Evening with Fleetwood Mac" is an isht name for a final tour--just sayin') There really is no story in ANOTHER sort of greatest hits tour, albeit throwing some curveballs around here and there (Black Magic Woman, World IS Turning, Don't Dream it's Over, etc) I think we can agree most of what they play will be the same old stuff. Stevie herself has said, there are 11 songs we HAVE to play--that's almost half the set list.
I am so annoyed by this bunch...you'd think 3 months in I wouldn't be, nor should I be surprised--Oh well.
We need the TMZ guy to track down Mick again.

"Kristen Buckingham says Lindsey never asked for any tour delay and that your publicly stated reason for firing him is a lie. What's your response?" etc.

The problem with these talk show interviews is that if the interviewers don't "play nice" then Fleetwood Mac can walk off and they don't have their story. They want FM on their program as much as FM wants the promotion. Now, if they go on 60 minutes maybe...

Old 07-03-2018, 06:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

"Kristen Buckingham says Lindsey never asked for any tour delay and that your publicly stated reason for firing him is a lie. What's your response?" etc.

The problem with these talk show interviews is that if the interviewers don't "play nice" then Fleetwood Mac can walk off and they don't have their story. They want FM on their program as much as FM wants the promotion. Now, if they go on 60 minutes maybe...

It's a fine line they cross here now---let me preface this by saying I am not a lawyer, but I would think to continue with the story, "he asked for the delay", when he didn't, we are bordering on slander or defamation of character. I could not hold my tongue if there were people out there saying untrue things about me. Kristen's comments definitely make things more interesting that for sure, albeit just confirming what everyone knows. The press for this just did get a bit more interesting....And I wonder if "the Lie" is the reason Mick hesitated to use the word fire.
Old 07-03-2018, 06:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I for one am glad Sugar Mouse isn't here anymore. She (?) was getting really exhausting, with her (?) constant harping on the same thing, over and over again. I have heard it said that if you repeat a lie often enough, people start believing it. She certainly was tenacious about repeating her lies, over and over and over again. Whether she was banned or just gave up, I'm finding the Ledge to be a more agreeable place without her.
Old 07-03-2018, 06:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Or, and this is just an idea, but maybe Lindsey could settle all this speculation by telling why he was fired. Perhaps he would be willing to talk to TMZ.

And no, his wife doesn't count. Mick's wife isn't giving quotes on the internet, but even if she was, I'd pay as much attention to them as I do quotes from Lindsey's wife. That is, I could not care less what Lindsey's wife has to say about his firing, but I would very much pay attention to what Lindsey had to say.

Lindsey could easily clear all this up... but we get crickets, instead. Instead of calling FM out for "lying" about the real reason Lindsey was fired, why not call Lindsey out on his silence?

I can hear the answer already- "Lindsey's taking the high road." BS. Telling the truth about why he was fired is not badmouthing FM. I really find it interesting that he hasn't shared his story, but no one else besides me thinks it's odd he's stayed silent.
Old 07-03-2018, 06:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Or, and this is just an idea, but maybe Lindsey could settle all this speculation by telling why he was fired. Perhaps he would be willing to talk to TMZ.

And no, his wife doesn't count. Mick's wife isn't giving quotes on the internet, but even if she was, I'd pay as much attention to them as I do quotes from Lindsey's wife. That is, I could not care less what Lindsey's wife has to say about his firing, but I would very much pay attention to what Lindsey had to say.

Lindsey could easily clear all this up... but we get crickets, instead. Instead of calling FM out for "lying" about the real reason Lindsey was fired, why not call Lindsey out on his silence?

I can hear the answer already- "Lindsey's taking the high road." BS. Telling the truth about why he was fired is not badmouthing FM. I really find it interesting that he hasn't shared his story, but no one else besides me thinks it's odd he's stayed silent.
I would love to hear from him directly. I don't know his silence is him taking the high road, but moreso, he doesn't really give interviews. That said, I would think in this case, he's getting offers to talk. I would hope at some point he relents. Some folks have said could be legal reasons? Either way, I would love to hear from him directly at some point