The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: How many times have you seen solo Linds live?
Never. But I really want to. 13 25.00%
Never and I really don't care if I do. 3 5.77%
Between 1-5 times 26 50.00%
Between 6-10 times 2 3.85%
Somewhere between 11 and 15...what? 3 5.77%
So many times I lost count 5 9.62%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-06-2014, 09:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
Wow. I'm pretty sure I saw him 7 for that tour. It was like an addiction.
As you said, we are lucky to be in a country where we can see the shows, but some of us are situated in cities where you can see several without having to travel too far, sometimes you can even stay within driving distance and that usually makes all the difference, time and pocketbook wise.

Michele
Old 01-06-2014, 10:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
As you said, we are lucky to be in a country where we can see the shows, but some of us are situated in cities where you can see several without having to travel too far, sometimes you can even stay within driving distance and that usually makes all the difference, time and pocketbook wise.

Michele
yes, extremely lucky! DC-NYC area is not bad at all, but i have a feeling California may be even easier access.

ticket prices help too (a lot!) especially when compared to FM's. then again, i'd be willing to pay much more to see Lindsey alone, than to see FM.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"

Last edited by elle; 01-06-2014 at 10:08 PM..
Old 01-07-2014, 11:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Lindsey's solo tours always seemed to coincide with my being broke when I lived in North Carolina. I'm still sick to death I didn't get to see him when he was at the Orange Peel in Asheville. That would have been such a cool experience.

But I did finally see Lindsey a couple of years ago at Antone's here in Austin. Unlike with Fleetwood Mac or Stevie tours, I purposefully kept myself in the dark regarding his setlist. So every song he played was a total surprise, and often a shock, to me. Of all the concerts I've ever attended for any artist, the Lindsey solo show I attended was by far my favorite. It was just so intimate, and Lindsey really seemed to pull out the random, more obscure songs his hardcore fans were yearning for.

At this point, I'm not sure I'll ever go see Fleetwood Mac or Stevie live again... but I'll definitely go see Lindsey any time he's ever in my neck of the woods.
Old 01-07-2014, 05:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Lindsey's solo tours always seemed to coincide with my being broke when I lived in North Carolina. I'm still sick to death I didn't get to see him when he was at the Orange Peel in Asheville. That would have been such a cool experience.

But I did finally see Lindsey a couple of years ago at Antone's here in Austin. Unlike with Fleetwood Mac or Stevie tours, I purposefully kept myself in the dark regarding his setlist. So every song he played was a total surprise, and often a shock, to me. Of all the concerts I've ever attended for any artist, the Lindsey solo show I attended was by far my favorite. It was just so intimate, and Lindsey really seemed to pull out the random, more obscure songs his hardcore fans were yearning for.

At this point, I'm not sure I'll ever go see Fleetwood Mac or Stevie live again... but I'll definitely go see Lindsey any time he's ever in my neck of the woods.
Cool post.

Old 01-08-2014, 02:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I love the way you described it. And it's great because you've had the experience at each of these shows so you have a fully-rounded perspective. I agree so much on how intimate the Lindsey concerts are. It sometimes feels like he is singing directly to you.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 01-09-2014, 12:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

It's over 15 but I haven't lost count. To be precise: 16. I keep a little concert diary, and I've written them all down.

September 15, 2003: Chicago Soundstage (At the time, I thought this would be the only Lindsey Buckingham show I would ever see. Hard to believe this was over 10 years ago...)

Under the Skin Tour
- his first tour since OOTC. LB fans were stoked beyond belief, and I was no exception.
October 21, 2006: Cincinnati, OH at the Taft Theater
October 22, 2006: Detroit, MI at the Emerald Theater
October 24, 2006: Chicago, IL at the Park West
October 25, 2006: Chicago, IL at the Park West
June 1, 2007: Santa Rosa, CA at the Wells Fargo Center for the Arts
June 30, 2007: Milwaukee, WI at Summerfest

Gift of Screws Tour
October 2, 2008: Chicago, IL at the House of Blues
October 4, 2008: Milwaukee, WI at the Pabst Theatre
October 5, 2008: Indianapolis, IN at the Egyptian Theatre

Seeds We Sow Tour
Sept. 18, 2011: Chicago, IL at the Vic Theatre
October 7, 2011: Atlanta, GA at the Symphony Hall

One-Man Show Tour
July 26, 2012: Birmingham, AL at the Alys Robinson Stephens Performing Arts Center
July 27, 2012: Franklin, TN at the Franklin Theatre
July 28, 2012: Atlanta, GA at the Center Stage Theater
August 18, 2012: New Orleans, LA at One-Eyed Jack’s

Why? First off, I believe he is, bar none, the most talented guitarist alive today. I love to watch his fingers fly; I love how intense he is. I love how he engages the audience.

Shackin' Up accurately identifies some things he could do better, but regardless of the flaws, Lindsey will always be worth it to me. However, general admission shows are the way to go if you're seeing Lindsey. The sit down shows don't hold a candle to the experience of being at the stage.

Last edited by sodascouts; 01-09-2014 at 12:33 AM..
Old 01-09-2014, 09:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

If you've never seen him live solo you are missing out. I will always make an effort to catch any future tour.
Old 01-09-2014, 03:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan4136 View Post
If you've never seen him live solo you are missing out. I will always make an effort to catch any future tour.
Yes! This is why I asked those who voted in the "never saw him/ don't care" to explain their choice. But they're not responding.

Seeing Lindsey live is such a incredible experience. I go back not because I am a Lindsey fangirl, but because he delivers everything and then some.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 01-10-2014, 12:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
It's over 15 but I haven't lost count. To be precise: 16. I keep a little concert diary, and I've written them all down.
loving this Nancy, all broken down like this. brings back good memories. here's mine:

April 22, 2011: Saban Theatre, LA - live recording of the Songs from the Small Machine Live in LA album - my first ever experience of seeing LB live and getting together with other lovely buckheads.

Seeds We Sow Tour
Sept 2011: Westhampton Beach NY, Ridgefield CT, and Towson, MD
Oct 2011: Jacksonville FL
Nov 2011: Red Banks, NJ

Nov 2011: 92Y Q&A with Lindsey in NYC with the free m&g afterwards (not technically a show but i count it anyway, since it was incredible, plus he did RAB live for the first time ever, publicly)

One-Man Show Tour
May 2012: Sacramento, San Francisco, and Redding, CA (marks also 1st ever lindsey's globetrotters roadtrip )
Jun 2012: Wilmington DE, Baltimore MD, Pittsburgh PA, and Columbus OH (2nd globetrotters roadtrip)
Aug-Sept 2012: Chicago, Chicago, Green Bay, Big Top Chautauqua (3rd globetrotters roadtrip)
Nov 2012: Asheville NC, Knoxville TN (4th roadtrip........ and kept going through FM tour ending on Dec 30, 2013 )

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-25-2014, 01:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

love this post!

Old 01-30-2014, 03:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Once, on the Gift of Screws tour. Awesome time from start to finish, even if our crowd didn't show it until the end. Second Hand News, everyone wakes up to rush the stage.