User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-24-2018, 11:05 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcalzaretta View Post
I do still love her. I think she is getting treated a bit unfairly here. Not like LB has been overly kind to her in many situations. I think he has been a bit jealous over her solo success. And let's face it. We don't know what really happened behind the scenes between these two. I am actually surprised they lasted this long in the band together. I never thought it would go as long as it has.
Yes. It is surprising when you think back on all of it.

It's interesting you think she's being treated unfairly though... everywhere online on social media or article comments, I see endless: "He is always making her the villain! He's the worst!" and "I hate how much hate she gets because of Lindsey!" and "Good riddance! He has always been riding her coattails! He can's stand how successful she is!" or "He's always trying to bring her down! Get over it! She IS Fleetwood Mac!" and all of these comments that vilify Lindsey. And if anyone says anything in favor of LB, that person is attacked by Stevie's fan base. Outside of this forum, I rarely see anyone talking smack the other way. I actually feel it's quite the opposite of Stevie being treated unfairly.

They're both driven, successful, competitive people who have a long history with/against each other. They are both talented and critical to the success of FM in different ways... and they've both been petty, as most humans are. The band needed both of them for the level of success they achieved.

(random thoughts here, not directed at anyone in particular)
My thing is that now that Stevie is reining queen, why are Stevie fans still so upset about Lindsey? She's still in the band, she just got elected to the RRHOF, she got her way and LB is gone. She's ruling over FM Land. So why are Stevie fans still spewing so much venom? Lindsey is the one left out of the band he helped make so successful (no, we don't know what happened, but no one can argue how critical he was to those four albums they made together as the Rumors 5). Stevie was the one holding everything up for Tango for *her* solo career... so how is LB the one to blame this time when its reversed (which is a phony excuse anyway)? He wanted to record a new FM album but she refused.

I personally find the vitriol spewed on both about both of them exhausting... I hate how things are, but we can't change anything and it doesn't help to be nasty either way.

Anyway it's Christmas Eve and I have nothing new to say. Just rambling thoughts. Merry Christmas to those who celebrate. Maybe Santa will reunite them for 2019. Ha...
Old 12-24-2018, 01:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcalzaretta View Post
Not like LB has been overly kind to her in many situations. I think he has been a bit jealous over her solo success.
I think he's been very jealous of her success, but it's a strange sort of jealousy, especially for him to feel. He was jealous of her commercial success—the size of her audience. That's all. He was never jealous of her solo work as music. He never thought much of it—that's quite clear. He never thought it on par with his own musical heroes, from Scotty Moore to Lennon-McCartney to Brian Wilson all the way up to Tom Morello and beyond.

In a way, I think that's what has made his jealousy all the pricklier: He has never felt that her work merited the commercial reward it's garnered. His frustration with Nicks the musician is his frustration with all insubstantial pop acts that sell millions. He's never come fully to peace with the vulgarity of the mass market in pop, and you can find that disgust all through his own music.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 12-24-2018, 08:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I think he's been very jealous of her success, but it's a strange sort of jealousy, especially for him to feel. He was jealous of her commercial success—the size of her audience. That's all. He was never jealous of her solo work as music. He never thought much of it—that's quite clear. He never thought it on par with his own musical heroes, from Scotty Moore to Lennon-McCartney to Brian Wilson all the way up to Tom Morello and beyond.

In a way, I think that's what has made his jealousy all the pricklier: He has never felt that her work merited the commercial reward it's garnered. His frustration with Nicks the musician is his frustration with all insubstantial pop acts that sell millions. He's never come fully to peace with the vulgarity of the mass market in pop, and you can find that disgust all through his own music.
How is Stevie an insubstantial pop act, any more than he at least tried to be in the 80's?
Old 12-24-2018, 09:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
How is Stevie an insubstantial pop act, any more than he at least tried to be in the 80's?
Stevie Wonder was substantial longer than you know.
Old 12-24-2018, 09:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default A Christmas Carol

Quote:
Originally Posted by luminol View Post
Merry Christmas to those who celebrate. Maybe Santa will reunite them for 2019. Ha...
Santa receives a letter/complaint from Lindsey.
"Ho ho ho. This young man's Christmas wish is to rejoin his former band and salvage its legacy? Let's see if old Santa can't fix this!"

Sleigh pulls up at Stevie's gothic mansion.
"Ho ho ho. What strange music is this I hear?"

Stevie stands at the window, draped in lace curtains, belting out her interminable rendition of "Silent Night."
"....WELL IT WAS A...."

The reindeer bray in fright.
Santa leaps back into his sleigh and cracks the whip.

"That was his Christmas wish?!
On Dasher, on Dancer, on anyone! Get me out of here!"
Old 12-26-2018, 08:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
Santa receives a letter/complaint from Lindsey.
"Ho ho ho. This young man's Christmas wish is to rejoin his former band and salvage its legacy? Let's see if old Santa can't fix this!"

Sleigh pulls up at Stevie's gothic mansion.
"Ho ho ho. What strange music is this I hear?"

Stevie stands at the window, draped in lace curtains, belting out her interminable rendition of "Silent Night."
"....WELL IT WAS A...."

The reindeer bray in fright.
Santa leaps back into his sleigh and cracks the whip.

"That was his Christmas wish?!
On Dasher, on Dancer, on anyone! Get me out of here!"
I think Aaron Neville scared the reindeer more than Stevie.
Old 01-02-2019, 01:36 PM
gldstwmn
This message has been deleted by jbrownsjr. Reason: moderator
Old 01-02-2019, 01:42 PM
HomerMcvie
Old 01-02-2019, 01:58 PM

Happy New Year to you both!!

Let's just stop this right here...

Kthanks!! love you both...

bye...
Old 01-02-2019, 02:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Happy New Year to you both!!

Let's just stop this right here...

Kthanks!! love you both...

bye...
How was your bottle of scotch?
Old 01-02-2019, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
How was your bottle of scotch?
Bourbon! but 'twas fantastic.. I was nursing a cold all holiday.

edit... I thought maybe you saw my FB posts of bourbon...

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 01-02-2019 at 02:27 PM..
Old 01-02-2019, 02:13 PM
gldstwmn
Old 01-02-2019, 02:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Bourbon! but 'twas fantastic.. I was nursing a cold all holiday.

edit... I thought maybe you saw my FB posts of bourbon...
No I was talking about the bottle Homer promised you for banning me. I doubt we are friends on Facebook.
Old 01-02-2019, 02:43 PM

Quote:
No I was talking about the bottle Homer promised you for banning me. I doubt we are friends on Facebook.
I have made no such deal with him. And, I wasn't the moderator who banned you. I can't ban... only edit... delete.. move etc...
Old 01-02-2019, 03:14 PM
gldstwmn
Old 01-02-2019, 03:21 PM
HomerMcvie
Old 01-02-2019, 03:24 PM
gldstwmn
This message has been deleted by jbrownsjr. Reason: Moderator
Old 01-02-2019, 03:32 PM

Quote:
You did, it's in writing and I screenshotted it. I realize you can't ban. But you facilitated it for a name I never called anyone. If the rules aren't the same for everyone then at least be up front about it. Is HomerMcVie providing some sort of financial or other type of assistance to the site? Is that why the rules don't apply to him? How about the poster that called me a twat? Why is he still able to post? That guy followed me on to social media and I had to block him. Why does HomerMcVie think he can tell me that my next ban will be permanent? I've been posting here for 20 years almost. What could I have done that is so horrible that I deserve to be permanently banned?
He may had proposed it, but I've not made any deals with Homer and I am not the only person moderating (much like you think) Michele is reading all of it, even if she doesn't chime in.

Like today, you keep the fire burning and instigate quite often. If you want to blame me, that's your right. Just please stay on topic and maybe not make your first post back aimed at inciting Homer.

I'm not personal friends with Homer, we have just known each other for ages thru here. there's no conspiracy.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 01-02-2019 at 03:36 PM..
Old 01-02-2019, 03:37 PM

Quote:
You did, it's in writing and I screenshotted it. I realize you can't ban. But you facilitated it for a name I never called anyone. If the rules aren't the same for everyone then at least be up front about it. Is HomerMcVie providing some sort of financial or other type of assistance to the site? Is that why the rules don't apply to him? How about the poster that called me a twat? Why is he still able to post? That guy followed me on to social media and I had to block him. Why does HomerMcVie think he can tell me that my next ban will be permanent? I've been posting here for 20 years almost. What could I have done that is so horrible that I deserve to be permanently banned?
I'm NOT looking to ban you. Please go back on topic.
Old 01-02-2019, 03:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I'm NOT looking to ban you. Please go back on topic.
Thanks. Please remember that I wasn't the one who brought it up in the first place.
Old 01-02-2019, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Thanks. Please remember that I wasn't the one who brought it up in the first place.
And his posts were deleted as well.
Old 01-02-2019, 03:43 PM
gldstwmn