User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-27-2014, 04:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew View Post
That's not what I asked, though. I asked if you would choose to wait if having a new album with his contributions was only a matter of the band holding off for a few more months.
I could not care less if FM recorded without Lindsey. I have BTM and I have Time. I like BTM. I don't particularly like Time, but I don't think either album should not have been recorded. The band indicates that they would have done another album and tour between 1982-1987 if Lindsey had been ready. I think they should have gone ahead with it and either them going ahead would have made Lindsey return earlier OR it would have made his return for Tango all the sweeter.

At this point, they have been waiting for another FM album since the SYW tour ended. They could do an album without Stevie now and do one with her in 2016. Then, we'd get two albums instead of one. And, frankly, the contrast would be interesting to me. But holding off more when they've already held off so long already does not seem wise to me. Hoping for something that may never happen is kind of a risk for 65 and 70 year old people.

Michele
Old 04-27-2014, 05:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by drag00n View Post
You know ... Think about it...... FM remained successful without Lindsey... They have remained successful for the last 16 years without Christine.... FM's biggest failure was the album and tour for Time.... which had Mick, John AND,,,, Christine on it,,,, BUT no Stevie.......
Yes, but Time was also missing Lindsey. I think the failure of time was because it lacked BOTH Lindsey and Stevie than because of just Stevie. They probably could've faired decently with Lindsey. You say they "remained successful" without Lindsey. I guess that's because their success didn't drop below a certain level which you deem unsuccessful. And fair enough....but let's not pretend there wasn't an enormous drop off.

Last edited by MikeVielhaber; 04-27-2014 at 05:59 PM..
Old 04-27-2014, 05:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i've looked through the rest of your post and you seem to be going in circles so i'm not really sure what you are asking
I think I expressed myself and my question pretty clearly.

My feeling is that Fleetwood Mac is operating with more than just a mere "hope" that Stevie will be a part of this album. Hence their decision to wait for her. What I wanted to know was if you'd want them to wait for Lindsey if his contribution was guaranteed, but would delay the album slightly. Things got muddied when you said the band should not wait for him if he didn't contribute anything, and that you wouldn't get two new albums of songs from him if he didn't.
Old 04-27-2014, 05:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I could not care less if FM recorded without Lindsey.
That's cool. I can understand and respect that. Prior to Christine re-joining, I wouldn't have minded if Fleetwood Mac decided to record without Stevie, or without Lindsey. But now that Chris is back, I want all five on an album.

The prospect of having "The Five" on an album, is too desirable for me to want anything less.
Old 04-27-2014, 06:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That's cool. I can understand and respect that. Prior to Christine re-joining, I wouldn't have minded if Fleetwood Mac decided to record without Stevie, or without Lindsey. But now that Chris is back, I want all five on an album.

The prospect of having "The Five" on an album, is too desirable for me to want anything less.
You can still get that. They can always do an album with the five later. I don't take an all or nothing approach.

Michele
Old 04-27-2014, 06:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
My feeling is that Fleetwood Mac is operating with more than just a mere "hope" that Stevie will be a part of this album. Hence their decision to wait for her. What I wanted to know was if you'd want them to wait for Lindsey if his contribution was guaranteed, but would delay the album slightly. Things got muddied when you said the band should not wait for him if he didn't contribute anything, and that you wouldn't get two new albums of songs from him if he didn't.
yeah but if you do some math you would see your feeling is a pipe dream, and we are not talking about a few months.

i don't know whether they decided to wait for her or not. do you?

so for the 3rd time, final answer - no, i wouldn't want them to wait for Lindsey. things get muddled when people want to muddle them, seems to me.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-27-2014, 06:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You can still get that. They can always do an album with the five later. I don't take an all or nothing approach.
exactly.

i don't know what's that in the psyche of a Mac fan that seems to be so absolute, all the time.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-27-2014, 06:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
yeah but if you do some math you would see your feeling is a pipe dream, and we are not talking about a few months.
It's already been a few months, since Mick first made the comment that some of them would hit the recording studio in March a couple of months ago already.

Michele
Old 04-27-2014, 06:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
exactly.

i don't know what's that in the psyche of a Mac fan that seems to be so absolute, all the time.
It's not absolute all the time. It's absolute or not, depending on which Mac member is involved.

Michele
Old 04-27-2014, 06:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

OK, I have no idea where to post this. There are threads in two forums, some threads are being merged, etc. but here it is:

Wasn't there a tweet from Dave that he is working on a Fleetwood Mac project? Now according to Mick, it's a Stevie solo album? And it's really odd to me that Christine is in Nashville if it's not for Fleetwood Mac. I would almost guarantee her own songs aren't finished, and I'm sure she has things to add to Lindsey's songs. I can't believe she would go to Nashville for an unrelated purpose, especially since she has never once been involved in a Stevie solo album before. Why would her first time be right after re-joining the band she retired from 16 years ago?
Old 04-27-2014, 06:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

But talking about the long break between Mirage and Tango, I wanted something from them and didn't like going 5 years without as a fan, but mortality wasn't an issue for me back then. It was only AFTER the fact, once Christine left the band in 1997 that I started seeing what a waste that 5year void had been in the past and longing that we'd had an album in the interim. I regretted that there were so few studio albums from them so much more after the fact , when history was ending, than I did at the time the inactivity was actually happening. I only realized how important losing those years was in retrospect.

I don't want those same regrets 10 years from now.

Michele
Old 04-27-2014, 06:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInNV View Post
OK, I have no idea where to post this. There are threads in two forums, some threads are being merged, etc. but here it is:

Wasn't there a tweet from Dave that he is working on a Fleetwood Mac project? Now according to Mick, it's a Stevie solo album? And it's really odd to me that Christine is in Nashville if it's not for Fleetwood Mac. I would almost guarantee her own songs aren't finished, and I'm sure she has things to add to Lindsey's songs. I can't believe she would go to Nashville for an unrelated purpose, especially since she has never once been involved in a Stevie solo album before. Why would her first time be right after re-joining the band she retired from 16 years ago?
no there was no tweet from DS. someone on FMN&R blog posted an anonymous comment saying Dave PMed them on fb and said it was FM project. so that is not exactly trustworthy.

i was asking all these same questions as you when i first heard HelloMonster's recording. so yeah all good and puzzling questions... no idea!

maybe Christine planned to spend this time in the US for Mac album recording, but now that the wrench seems to have been thrown into that, she's choosing to still spend some time in the studio with some friends, and maybe help out? was she really not on SN's solo albums before? she certainly was on Lindsey's and he or hers, so...

Old 04-27-2014, 06:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
But talking about the long break between Mirage and Tango, I wanted something from them and didn't like going 5 years without as a fan, but mortality wasn't an issue for me back then. It was only AFTER the fact, once Christine left the band in 1997 that I started seeing what a waste that 5year void had been in the past and longing that we'd had an album in the interim. I regretted that there were so few studio albums from them so much more after the fact , when history was ending, than I did at the time the inactivity was actually happening. I only realized how important losing those years was in retrospect.

I don't want those same regrets 10 years from now.

Michele
That 5-year void seems like nothing to me now. And for those that are fans of all three, that void included two solo albums by Stevie and one each by Lindsey and Christine.
Old 04-27-2014, 06:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInNV View Post
That 5-year void seems like nothing to me now. And for those that are fans of all three, that void included two solo albums by Stevie and one each by Lindsey and Christine.
Yes, I have all of their solo albums, but that five year void seems like a wasteland to me now. It has ever since I thought Christine was gone for good. I wished there was more.

Michele
Old 04-27-2014, 06:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
was she really not on SN's solo albums before?
No, Stevie and Christine did not guest on each other's solo albums. Although Stevie said that Think About It on her solo album was a song about Christine.

Michele