Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Post-Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-02-2002, 12:06 PM
Senior Ledgie

Question Bonnie Raitt & Billy

I was watching TV last night and an old video by Bonnie Raitt came on...I'm not sure for what song but there was a guy in it that kinda looked like Billy...Was it???....

Last edited by thewhitewingedd; 01-18-2007 at 06:39 PM..
Old 09-03-2002, 05:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Smile

Gee, not that I know of Adam, I know Rick played on a couple tours of Bonnie's and 4 songs on her "Green light" album as well as a live version of her song "Spit of love" (originally from her "Fundamental" album but...) this live version ended up on the V/A comp "Lilith fair: A celebration of Women in music - Volume 3". Bonnie's "Fundamental" is listed in Rick's discography but as far as I know, he's NOT on the album, he just played on that tour (as well as a few other earlier tours of hers). I've swamped Marty so much with discography entries in the last year that I must give him a chance to catch up before I send in any further amendments such as this! Also, Christine sung on Bonnie's recording of the Eric Kaz tune called "Angel" from her "Nine lives" album but nothing else as far as I know. There were no "music videos" for any of these songs (as much as I'm aware of anyways) either.

There was a Japanese TV show (which I can't remember the name of) which interviewed the Mac when they were out there promoting their "Behind the mask" album in 1990 and they asked each member to name their favorite song and John picked Billy's "The bigger the love" and when asked about it, he said something about Bonnie Raitt having covered it but I have yet to hear or find anything further on this suppossed cover version of TBTL anywhere, I know of others who have covered it but don't know if Bonnie ever recorded a version of it or not, maybe it was just a song she played in concert or something?

Oh, I don't know but anyways, do let me/us know if you do find out anything else about this as I certainly would be most interested to find out more about it as well (as I'm sure many others around here would too)!

John
Old 09-03-2002, 08:11 AM
thewhitewingedd
This message has been deleted by thewhitewingedd.
Old 09-05-2002, 05:02 PM
Senior Ledgie

Thumbs up

I'd love to know too!

Michele "The Billy Freak"

P.S. I know that Billy appeared in a video by Tanya Tucker in 1990..he was sitting at a table playing cards with the other actors in it. (Hubba-Hubba! LOVE that HAIR!!!)