User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-16-2004, 10:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hauntedsong16
AMEN!!!! If you wanna be down front, buy a ticket down front. A lot of people worked hard to get and paid a lot of money for those tickets. Show some respect. And by the way, I would've loved to be down front, but I tend to believe in letting the people who actually bought those tickets not be crowded out by people who feel they deserve to be down there for whatever reason.

I witnessed a lot of that crap first hand last night.

Whew! Okay, end of rant.
Exactly. I am just totally blown away by fans behavior on their quest for nothing less than the best. Like I said, if you're within the first few rows, I have no problem with you getting to the front but let those with actual front row seats take their spots and stand there. Clearly, those were someone elses seats last night.
Old 05-17-2004, 10:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default wow

Wow, Riss with the blatant honesty! Rock on girl. I totally agree. It was upsetting that some of us who can only get to one or two shows this leg and wanted a close experience ONCE were booted out of the way by fans who have been down front 8,10, 12, 14 times . Had these fans paid for seats in the front rows of the PIT like Strand, Chris and Sulamith, they deserved to be down front. However to have an ORCH seat or seat in the back of the PIT that you paid face value for and stand down there passing around ONE front row stub was WRONG. All it did was hurt the fans who paid tons of money for their seats from brokers. That was the ONLY way to get a seat down close at Chastain. So we paid a ton of money and stood in our assigned seats while others had fan club seats in the back of the PIT and got to be at LB's feet. It really made me realize how selfish certain fans can be. I would NEVER want to assume that I am more entitled than the next person to be Lindsey's Come girl or stand at Stevie's feet. None of us wanted to let it ruin our good time and the WELCOME TO THE ROOM, STELLA sign got us plenty of Lindsey love. The man is the sexiest thing playing that guitar right to you! I can understand the desire to be down front, it is amazing to have him look and play right to you but only if you have a ticket for the first few rows should you be there. Or, you should stand BEHIND the people who did pay alot for their PIT seats. Whatever, I learned alot about people at this particular show. Lindsey gave us some major love and attention which just goes to show that good things will happen if you do the 'right' thing.
As for the original question, I would say if you have fifth row you should be able to work your way down closer, maybe not right up to the stage but you should be able to get down closer than fifth row. Just be polite and considerate to those around you !

"She has an exquisite femininity"......Lindsey
Old 05-17-2004, 02:25 PM
Junior Ledgie

I hope you guys don't mind me asking a question that has a lot to do with the original topic. (I re-registered under a new name, by the way, so this is not really my first post, although I'm not exactly a regular Ledgie...)

I've been reading reviews for a year now, and half of every story is about the seats. 'I have crappy seats', 'I got to cimb over chairs', on and on and on. People get pissed off at each other because they stand while others want to sit but others block the view... I could go on forever. I was in London for the first Earl's Court show, and the hassle about seats was very annoying. (I had second row seats.)

I have no opinion on who has is entitled to have what (especially if I have the feeling that one of my friends is being judged very unfairly) but to me, the answer is very obvious. I live in Holland, and nobody here, in their right mind, would ever organize a rock concert where people are expected to take a seat somewhere and stay there, seated or -gasp!- standing up! There are no seats unless you're at the balcony. The people who arrived at the venue first, get to stand at the front. The only disadvantage is that you have to be there early, and you usually can't go for beer or potty break, because you'll never get to the front again, unless the crowd is really laid back.

So my point is: I don't get why in some countries it is the rule to have seating. Does anybody have any idea how that became the rule? Have there been accidents with large crowds? I'm just really interested to find out, because it seems to me, after reading all these stories for so long, a system that creates a lot of stress, and I don't think it was the habit in the early days. I'm not sure though, hence the question, I guess.

Thea
Old 05-17-2004, 02:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Arrow Thea...

Back in the, I think 60's or 70's, at a Who concert, there were people crushed and trampled to death because of festival seating. People wanted to be up front, and there were too many people trying to push through. I believe that's one of the reasons for such harsh security and seat issues today.
Old 05-17-2004, 03:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The Who concert was in Cincinnati. In 1979, I believe.
Old 05-17-2004, 04:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It is also a HUGE fire evacuation issue. If there are, like there were on Sat. night in Atlanta, over four times the amount of people standing between the front row and the stage and something happens, those people will have less of a chance to get out.

I think if you get a legitimate chance to go to the front of the stage and are not blocking someone or it is not too crowded, I am all for it. I even know people who switch places with friends further back throughout the concert. But, on Sat. night I saw people passing around the same ticket to re-use at the security access point. That is just calculated and an act of theft to these eyes. But, if people are okay doing it, that is between them and their conscious. I am not judging them. I am just saying hereimn how I would react if they got in front of me. Again, if the security guard let's you up front knowing full well you do not belong there - so be it. But to use a Pitt ticket to get up to the front row and then send that same ticket out of the Pitt for someone else to reuse is just wrong in my book. I try to look at everything in the terms of how I would like it done to me. If I had paid for a front row ticket and saw someone reusing a Pitt ticket to get them and their friends with lawn seats into the front row and then in front of me, I would have them removed - who wouldn't if they were not suppossed to be there and were blocking the view that you paid for and they did not

My $0.02

save the cheerleader - save the world

Last edited by strandinthewind; 05-17-2004 at 04:22 PM..
Old 05-17-2004, 04:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thea
I hope you guys don't mind me asking a question that has a lot to do with the original topic. (I re-registered under a new name, by the way, so this is not really my first post, although I'm not exactly a regular Ledgie...)

I've been reading reviews for a year now, and half of every story is about the seats. 'I have crappy seats', 'I got to cimb over chairs', on and on and on. People get pissed off at each other because they stand while others want to sit but others block the view... I could go on forever. I was in London for the first Earl's Court show, and the hassle about seats was very annoying. (I had second row seats.)

I have no opinion on who has is entitled to have what (especially if I have the feeling that one of my friends is being judged very unfairly) but to me, the answer is very obvious. I live in Holland, and nobody here, in their right mind, would ever organize a rock concert where people are expected to take a seat somewhere and stay there, seated or -gasp!- standing up! There are no seats unless you're at the balcony. The people who arrived at the venue first, get to stand at the front. The only disadvantage is that you have to be there early, and you usually can't go for beer or potty break, because you'll never get to the front again, unless the crowd is really laid back.

So my point is: I don't get why in some countries it is the rule to have seating. Does anybody have any idea how that became the rule? Have there been accidents with large crowds? I'm just really interested to find out, because it seems to me, after reading all these stories for so long, a system that creates a lot of stress, and I don't think it was the habit in the early days. I'm not sure though, hence the question, I guess.

Thea
Thea, to answer your question, a concert in which you can sit wherever you'd like is called general admission. It is done on a first come, first serve basis. Not many large bands do this anymore because it causes many problems. Fleetwood Mac has three price levels as far as tickets are concerned..not including the fanclub. Do you think it's fair that people with seats in the orchestra rows move down to the front and share ticket stubs or butt in front of other people that actually paid to sit there? I don't. No offense to your friend but it's not cool and the behavior in Atlanta was absolutely deplorable.
Old 05-17-2004, 06:19 PM
Ledgie

I really don't understand the drama over this. Me and a friend of mine did the exact same thing for a friend of yours and that was ok. Every show where I have been lucky enough (or spent a fortune to) sit in the front row, there have been row crashers. As long as they're not squashing me, I don't care. The more the merrier. I didn't see anyone getting squashed up there (until the drunk guy fell on me). I was in the 7th row and my view was not blocked by anyone in the front, either.

I think it's sad that there has to be such bitterness. What's done is done. If you didn't have a good time, I'm sorry for you. God knows, my concert experience could've been better. Maybe next time.

Ladybug swung down like a swing...kissed him with her wings
Old 05-17-2004, 11:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Am I missing a memo here? What ever happened to going to a concert to have FUN?! People, this should be a dream come true for us! They are letting multiple rows up to the stage! The ticket hunt now isnt just a quest for front row seats, but seats in the first 3 or 5! Why isnt anyone else as happy for this alone!? Maybe I am out of the loop, but honestly, Im sure if anyone here had a chance to be in the front, they would be up there without the blink of an eye.

Thats just my honest opinion...

~Alex

Old 05-17-2004, 11:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatdarkwing
Am I missing a memo here? What ever happened to going to a concert to have FUN?! People, this should be a dream come true for us! They are letting multiple rows up to the stage! The ticket hunt now isnt just a quest for front row seats, but seats in the first 3 or 5! Why isnt anyone else as happy for this alone!? Maybe I am out of the loop, but honestly, Im sure if anyone here had a chance to be in the front, they would be up there without the blink of an eye.

Thats just my honest opinion...

~Alex
Well. Drop $350 for a ticket, fly to Atlanta to see the show and watch people come up to the front row from 40 some rows back and switch stubs with their friends and be okay with it. Maybe a lot of us had some feelings about it because we wouldn't ever do it.

And Tracy, I don't agree with sharing anyones ticket stub and I even told the person you are speaking of so. There is no bitterness and there is no drama. You sat two steps away from me..I know you know who I was...I think you know I had a good time. I just wish people didn't have to be so tragic...that's all.
Old 05-18-2004, 05:55 AM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GardenStateGirlie
Thea, to answer your question, a concert in which you can sit wherever you'd like is called general admission. It is done on a first come, first serve basis. Not many large bands do this anymore because it causes many problems. Fleetwood Mac has three price levels as far as tickets are concerned..not including the fanclub. Do you think it's fair that people with seats in the orchestra rows move down to the front and share ticket stubs or butt in front of other people that actually paid to sit there? I don't. No offense to your friend but it's not cool and the behavior in Atlanta was absolutely deplorable.
I still don't get it. Why sit? Why have chairs in a rock concert?
And the problems that general standing causes, I have never heard of, and I've been to many big concerts here. Of course some people can't stand up that long or don't want to; they have the balconies with great view (the buildings are a bit different than you have).
Certainly the hassles of seats (with a number even) are a lot bigger. This thread is only an example.

But I know that this is not the subject of this thread and I'll leave it. And to answer your question: yes, I actually think that was fair. The long explanation would only bore the other visitors here. Plus, I wouldn't convince you.