The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-01-2013, 09:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default The Buckingham Nicks 40th Anniversary Thread...

Let the celebrating begin!

Last edited by CADreaming; 09-01-2013 at 10:00 AM..
Old 09-01-2013, 09:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Billboard Magazine - May 5, 1973:

"At Sound City in Van Nuys, Mary Lou Carlson has touched
bases to report strong April activity.
Waddy, Nicks and Buckingham, an Anthem recording group
was produced and engineered by Keith Olsen..."

Last edited by CADreaming; 09-01-2013 at 10:02 AM..
Old 09-01-2013, 10:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Let the celebrating begin!

WOO HOO... You Know I love Buckingham Nicks.

Here's a list of all the songs on their one and only album.

1. Crying In The Night (Nicks)
2. Stephanie - Instrumental (Buckingham)
3. Without A Leg To Stand On (Buckingham)
4. Crystal (Nicks)
5. Long Distance Winner (Nicks)
6. Don't Let Me Down Again (Buckingham)
7. Django (Lewis)
8. Races Are Run (Nicks)
9. Lola (My Love) (Buckingham)
10. Frozen Love (Nicks, Buckingham)

There's not a bad song on this album. I can listen to it from beginning to end and not skip around. Favorites are Crying in the Night, Stephanie, Without A Leg To Stand On, and of course Frozen Love. I still cannot believe the executives at Polydor did not realize what amazing talent they had signed and dropped them. I bet someone one got a boot up their butt when they figured out they had Stevie and Lindsey signed and then let them go.
Old 09-01-2013, 01:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Happy anniversary, B/N, you lovely album. Please don't come in a midlifecrisis. Stay where you are and what you are: on vinyl and a legacy. I love you as a hard to get overlooked brilliant nugget of rockhistory. You don't need to be on CD. Or in iTunes

Old 09-01-2013, 01:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

BN is such a fabulous album. Can't believe it's been 40 years.

"What a f**king stupid shirt you're wearing." - Christine McVie
Old 09-01-2013, 03:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Picked up my copy late 1977 after getting into Rumours and loving I Don't Want to Know, Second Hand News, The Chain, Gold Dust Woman, Dreams, Go Your Own Way as my favorites. After that, picked up the Fleetwood Mac album and then all the pre B/N Albums and then Walter Egan's stuff. Loved the hunt back in the day.
Bring on the reissue!
Old 09-01-2013, 10:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The Neve Console, special ordered by Keith Olsen for Sound City. The console cost $76,000.

"The first track we cut on this was Crying in the Night with Buckingham Nicks. Very first thing cut on that was that session. That's how it started." -- Keith Olsen

Old 09-02-2013, 01:56 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
Happy anniversary, B/N, you lovely album. Please don't come in a midlifecrisis. Stay where you are and what you are: on vinyl and a legacy. I love you as a hard to get overlooked brilliant nugget of rockhistory. You don't need to be on CD. Or in iTunes
I want a reissue, badly, at times! BUT, I have to admit that I am sometimes torn on reissuing BN and messing with such a "brilliant nugget of rock history" myself! I too love BN, and I also have a pristine copy I purchased in 1975, while I was still listening to Heroes are Hard to Find.

I was a freshman in college and my boyfriend from home and I had finished unpacking and moving in to our dorms. We walked down to Main Street and went into the coolest little record store. My boyfriend was a musician so we were always looking for new music, and luckily we walked out with Buckingham Nicks. I remember the little hippie velvet clothing boutiques, too, and of course, falling in love with it all! When we got back to his dorm room, we put the record on immediately and plopped down on the bed...OMG! We knew we were hearing something very special right from the git go...I will never forget listening to that record over and over while it rained and we made love...hmmm, yeah, it would be fine with me if it just keeps it's place in rock history too...

Last edited by Desiree; 09-02-2013 at 02:00 AM..
Old 09-02-2013, 03:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desiree View Post
I want a reissue, badly, at times! BUT, I have to admit that I am sometimes torn on reissuing BN and messing with such a "brilliant nugget of rock history" myself! I too love BN, and I also have a pristine copy I purchased in 1975, while I was still listening to Heroes are Hard to Find.

I was a freshman in college and my boyfriend from home and I had finished unpacking and moving in to our dorms. We walked down to Main Street and went into the coolest little record store. My boyfriend was a musician so we were always looking for new music, and luckily we walked out with Buckingham Nicks. I remember the little hippie velvet clothing boutiques, too, and of course, falling in love with it all! When we got back to his dorm room, we put the record on immediately and plopped down on the bed...OMG! We knew we were hearing something very special right from the git go...I will never forget listening to that record over and over while it rained and we made love...hmmm, yeah, it would be fine with me if it just keeps it's place in rock history too...
That's it. Thank you for sharing your experience. The record gathered so many stories in 40 years of listeners that appreciate it for what it is, especially being a pretty hard to get vinyl album, that it has it's own legacy now. After all these years, I want it to be the identity it is, and not a 7 dollar download.

Old 09-02-2013, 04:24 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
That's it. Thank you for sharing your experience. The record gathered so many stories in 40 years of listeners that appreciate it for what it is, especially being a pretty hard to get vinyl album, that it has it's own legacy now. After all these years, I want it to be the identity it is, and not a 7 dollar download.
You're right...you've convinced me completely. Btw, I married that boy and we're still married...with all the ups and downs, wondering each year if we'll make it another...Love is such a simple notion, I don't know why it's so hard to hold on to and nurture? But, I do know that no matter what happens...that will always be one of my very sweetest memories.
Old 10-24-2013, 08:12 AM
Junior Ledgie

Default buckingham nicks release

I've read a couple of things that say Buckingham/Nicks is going to be released on CD and swear Lindsey and Stevie both said that'll happen. When though? Or will it ever?
Old 10-28-2013, 07:37 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by staceface View Post
I've read a couple of things that say Buckingham/Nicks is going to be released on CD and swear Lindsey and Stevie both said that'll happen. When though? Or will it ever?
I'd take that with a pinch of salt. They've been saying that for the last 12-15 years. Luckily I have a WAV download of Buckingham Nicks which is sourced from the master tapes (as opposed to a transfer from vinyl).
It's sound stunning!
Old 10-28-2013, 07:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Was this album released on cassette? I have no way of playing vinyl.
Old 10-28-2013, 08:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'msoAfraid95 View Post
Was this album released on cassette? I have no way of playing vinyl.
Yes, it was.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-28-2013, 09:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Yes, it was.
Crap. It's out of stock on Amazon.

Anybody know of any other trustworthy sites in the states that might have a cassette copy? That's not gonna cost a ton of money. (over $40)