The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-04-2012, 02:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default So, Lindsey's Saying Fans "Don't Care About New Music"....

.....BUNK!!! That's ALL I want!!! I could care less about another tour, featuring the same 15 songs we've heard for the last 35 years! (And let's be honest....neither Stevie's nor Lindsey's voice is what it used to be live!).
As for Stevie's comment about the industry not "wanting" a full album....BUNK again!!! Give 'em a good one ~ no, a GREAT one!!! ~ and they would eat it up!!!
Old 12-04-2012, 02:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Rock Cellar Magazine, December 3, 2012
http://www.rockcellarmagazine.com/20...13-world-tour/

Fleetwood Mac Announce 2013 World Tour (With New Songs?!)

December 2012 by Adrian Garro and Jeff Cazanov

After a few months of *ahem* rumours, Fleetwood Mac announced a world tour today.

The trek, which begins on April 4th in Columbus, Ohio and ends on June 12 in Detroit, will head to Europe and Australia after the North American run comes to a close.

It will be the band’s first tour in three years.

Lindsey Buckingham told Rolling Stone that the shows will be mostly Greatest Hits sets, with some room for other material:

"When you’ve gone through all your must-do’s, that’s 75% of your potential setlist. I think with the other 25%, there are areas of our catalog that are more under-explored. Maybe we’ll play more songs from Tusk. I’d also like to see an extended middle portion of the show that’s just me and Stevie."

Buckingham has already spoken in the past months about new Fleetwood Mac songs and recordings. In early 2012 Mick Fleetwood, the reclusive John McVie, and Buckingham recorded a number of Lindsey’s tunes, which he then later brought to Stevie Nicks.

There is no doubt that a couple of these will be worked out in time for the tour, and according to Buckingham – perhaps even enough for a full-fledged Fleetwood Mac album.

What is perhaps most disappointing (yet not surprising) about this news is that Christine McVie will not be along for the ride. The legendary singer and Fleetwood Mac fan-favorite has led a hermitic life, only popping out occasionally to see the band or accept another one of their countless awards. She hasn’t appeared with the band since 1995, which continues to sadden long-time fans who believe that there is no Fleetwood Mac without her.

Earlier this year Mick Fleetwood spoke of McVie to VH1 Classic Radio:

"She’s done. She’s out of the music business, sadly. But I always leave the door slightly open because there maybe a situation where – hey – she may write a song with Stevie and Stevie will sing it, and she’ll do a little bit of vocalizing on it."

While McVie’s presence on the successful long list of FM songs will be missed, we are all looking forward to the rest of the band, and their new songs…
Old 12-04-2012, 02:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fannymac View Post
.....BUNK!!! That's ALL I want!!! I could care less about another tour, featuring the same 15 songs we've heard for the last 35 years! (And let's be honest....neither Stevie's nor Lindsey's voice is what it used to be live!).
As for Stevie's comment about the industry not "wanting" a full album....BUNK again!!! Give 'em a good one ~ no, a GREAT one!!! ~ and they would eat it up!!!
this should be merged with the threads where this has already been discussed at length.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-04-2012, 02:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

this one is just for Michele:

http://kearth101.cbslocal.com/2012/1...es-as-she-did/

MUSIC
Lindsey Buckingham On Christine McVie: “She Didn’t Have To Burn As Many Bridges As She Did”
December 4, 2012 10:51 AM

Christine McVie, Fleetwood Mac, John McVie, Lindsey Buckingham, Mick Fleetwood, Stevie Nicks

Fleetwood Mac has just announced dates for their 2013 tour. For those who haven’t followed the band’s continuing saga, the group now consists of founding members Mick Fleetwood on drums and John McVie on bass, along with singer/guitarist/songwriter Lindsey Buckingham and singer/songwriter Stevie Nicks.

Singer/keyboardist/songwriter Christine McVie — who wrote and sang “Say You Love Me,” “Over My Head,” “You Make Loving Fun,” “Think About Me,” “Hold Me,” “Little Lies,” and of course, “Don’t Stop” — left the band after their reunion tour promoting 1997′s The Dance.

Since then, the band have toured as a foursome (with support musicians in tow), and have released a (double) album, 2003′s Say You Will. But time can heal all wounds — The Rolling Stones recently played two concerts where they were joined by former members Bill Wyman and Mick Taylor for a few songs. So, would Fleetwood Mac ever welcome Christine to join them for a few of her classics? CBS Local put that question to Lindsey Buckingham.

“Well, that’s a good question! It’s an odd thing for me, in many ways I’m having a better time in the band as a foursome, only because it opens up a range of things that I can do. Except for maybe ‘Don’t Stop,’ we don’t do a lot of her stuff. It opens up the amount of material we can play, it allows me to be more of a ‘guy,’ to be more of who I am up there,” he explains, saying that without a keyboardist in the band, his guitar takes center stage. ”I would be shocked if she ever expressed any interest to do anything with us. Shocked and pleased.”

Christine has attended one Fleetwood Mac show since leaving the band (she declined to perform with them), but she hasn’t had much contact with the group in the past decade. But Buckingham explains that she was going through a lot of life changes at that point.

“She ended up getting a divorce, she ended up selling her house in L.A., she moved back to England, she quit the band, she sold her publishing,” Buckingham said. “She didn’t necessarily have to burn as many bridges as she did. Everyone sometimes wonders whether or not there might have been more of a middle ground for her to strike, not necessarily in terms of her staying in Fleetwood Mac. But she just wanted to reinvent herself. She seems to want to lead the antithesis of the life she led before, and I don’t pretend to understand such a radical change but it was obviously something she needed.”

As for the current lineup of Fleetwood Mac, it’s been nearly a decade since their last record. Will there ever be a follow-up? “I don’t think we’re going to be cutting a new album.” He notes that he, John McVie and Fleetwood spent some time in the studio recently. “Stevie was on the road at that time. We have some time to see if we want to put something together, we were thinking of maybe an EP or something. We have to get everybody on the same page with that. But John Mick and I cut some very good stuff.”

In the past decade, most of his new songs have landed on his solo albums, 2006′s Under The Skin, 2008′s Gift Of Screws and 2011′s Seeds We Sow. He’s just released a solo acoustic album exclusively on iTunes, One Man Show, documenting a recent solo acoustic theater concert.

“What I do as a solo artist is kind of tapping into the left side of the palate, the more esoteric side of things,” he says. “So I think inherent in that is losing a greater portion of the people who might be Fleetwood Mac fans for different reasons. Obviously it’s the difference between playing in an arena and playing in a theater.”

Having just wrapped a solo tour, it looks like Buckingham will be spending the next year or so in arenas. Get Fleetwood Mac’s tour dates at their official website.

– Brian Ives, CBS Local

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-04-2012, 02:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

By Tom Mann, Faster/Louder
http://www.fasterlouder.com.au/news/...s-in-Australia

Tue 4th Dec, 2012 in Local News

So far only American dates have been announced for the latest round of Fleetwood Mac shows – their first since 2009’s Unleashed tour – but Stevie Nicks has revealed that the group is planning an extensive tour of Australia in late 2013.

Nicks, Lindsey Buckingham, John McVie and Mick Fleetwood will begin rehearsing in February for a 34-city North American tour that runs from April until June. The band then plans on hitting Europe to tour the festival circuit before turning their attentions to Australia. “We might do fifteen or so shows in Australia,” Nicks told Rolling Stone .

“It’s the perfect time to go back out,” Nicks explained. “2013 is going to be the year of Fleetwood Mac … We actually have two new Fleetwood Mac songs that I cut with Lindsey two weeks ago we might play … We’re pretty proud of what we have done, and we’re looking at it through the eyes of wisdom now, instead of through the eyes of jealousy and resentment and anger.”

While the set may include a few new songs, the band is hitting the road without a new album so the set list will be built around their large catalogue of hits. “We always have to play ‘Dreams,’ ‘Rhiannon,’ ‘Don’t Stop,’ ‘Tusk,’ ‘Big Love,’ ‘Landslide’ and all our most famous songs,” Buckingham told Rolling Stone. “When you’ve gone through all your must-do’s, that’s 75% of your potential setlist. I think with the other 25%, there are areas of our catalogue that are more under-explored. Maybe we’ll play more songs from Tusk. I’d also like to see an extended middle portion of the show that’s just me and Stevie.”

Fleetwood Mac haven’t released a new record since 2003’s Say You Will, but their back catalogue was plundered earlier this year for the Just Tell Me That You Want Me tribute album, which includes covers performed by Tame Impala, Best Coast, MGMT, The Kills, Antony and collaboration between Sonic Youth’s Lee Ranaldo and Dinosaur Jr.’s J. Mascis.
Old 12-04-2012, 02:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
Yep, I've heard "Soldier's Angel" live and my opinion has not been altered. A bad song is a... well an absolute embarrassment to all concerned in this case. To continually dredge it up during the IYD concerts was shameful enough, but to incorporate it into a Mac show is unforgivable. She ought to be arrested.
Don't you think you are being a little dramatic and silly? Especially since your opinion is not the norm regarding this song. Most reviews were favorable regarding Soldier's Angel, from what I remember reading.

We were frail...
Save us...
Old 12-04-2012, 02:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
this should be merged with the threads where this has already been discussed at length.
Yeah, I just read some of the other threads!
Old 12-04-2012, 02:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fannymac View Post
No, in Lindsey's case it's much, much better.
Old 12-04-2012, 02:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

One other thing that kind of de-bunks Stevie and Lindsey's theories.....didn't that Eagles album of a few years ago (LONG ROAD OUT OF EDEN) sell, like, 4 or 5 million copies? And that wasn't even that good of an album!!!
Old 12-04-2012, 02:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If the Mac want a hit album, they are going to HAVE to leave Warners (they have the WORST marketing of any company out there). I would like to see them move to Intercope myself...
Old 12-04-2012, 02:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie says she knows the 2009 tour was "benign" and was very much just them playing their parts, and they aren't going to do that again.

http://www.wcsx.com/podcasts/

She also seems to be a fan of Kristen's decorating. She talks about how beautiful his house is, and how her's is still hippied out and full of stuff she's collected for years.

She also says nice things about what her and Lindsey's journey.
Old 12-04-2012, 03:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
Stevie says she knows the 2009 tour was "benign" and was very much just them playing their parts, and they aren't going to do that again.

http://www.wcsx.com/podcasts/

She also seems to be a fan of Kristen's decorating. She talks about how beautiful his house is, and how her's is still hippied out and full of stuff she's collected for years.

She also says nice things about what her and Lindsey's journey.
Lol! That was a great interview. It was sweet when she was saying she wished Lindsey's parents could see his house. Also kind of funny when she said she looked at his house & said "look what we've done".

But, she didn't come out & say she liked the decor - just the house.

When she talked about the "oh no not another greatest hits tour" I did think someone's been listening! I hate if it really hurt anyone's feelings & understand they have to do a lot of the hits - but I am glad she knows Unleashed was not their best effort & I am looking forward to some kind of shake up. I know they can still put on an exciting show.

Last edited by CADreaming; 12-04-2012 at 03:06 PM..
Old 12-04-2012, 03:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Lol! That was a great interview. It was sweet when she was saying she wished Lindsey's parents could see his house. Also kind of funny when she said she looked at his house & said "look what we've done".

But, she didn't come out & say she liked the decor - just the house.
So, does this mean the end of the rehearsed interactions? And the beginning of perhaps more spontaneity so they can go out there and just have fun?
Old 12-04-2012, 03:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GavinBrown View Post
If the Mac want a hit album, they are going to HAVE to leave Warners (they have the WORST marketing of any company out there). I would like to see them move to Intercope myself...
Currently, they are without a label....they would be morons to sign with Warners again, considering the crappyass job they did with SAY YOU WILL (But even that was a one shot re-up....WB just didn't care! They should have gone to Interscope.....or Arista....Clive Davis has wanted them for years!!!
Old 12-04-2012, 03:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondsnake View Post
Don't you think you are being a little dramatic and silly? Especially since your opinion is not the norm regarding this song. Most reviews were favorable regarding Soldier's Angel, from what I remember reading.
I have to side with Phil on this one.....good idea, weak execution. BY FAR one of the weakest tracks on IN YOUR DREAMS, both vocally and production-wise. I can't help but feel that a more hushed, intimate acoustic vibe would have benefited the song more.