User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-04-2017, 02:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferuk View Post
Apols for typos etc as I'm on my phone & still caffeinating. If you're on Elle's FB page you'll see this posted under my full/real name. Highlights for me:

-Security were brilliant, gave us front row wristbands & said we could stand, sit, do as please but save a spot at the stage, if desired, as they'd let others up at the end.
-we were next to a fun couple who decided to stand as did I, but not many did. At the start of Hold Me I turned & tried to get people up...not much luck. My husband said a lady by him asked people not to stand. He stood, sat, alternated.
-LB winding C up was the best, forcing her to make the speech they were having a complete sibling moment. I love the banter.
-CM sounded amazing. I'm thrilled the karaoke is toned down. She's definitely singing, doesn't pretend to play when she's not as she acknowledges Brett.
-A maraca wave & eye contact from CM is a thrill. To me she remains the Queen of all things: talented, fun, beautiful, and most of all she's clearly happy. I've said it before, but it's a joy to see after how over it she looked back in 97.
-she flubbed a line on YMLF and gave LB an 'oh well' look. Sweet. She doesn't seem to use her prompter but a tech adjusted it at one point.
-GYOW: she pretended to not have the bat& shrugged when LB waited for it, then she pulled it out. Loved it.
-an end front row couple came to the middle with white roses they tried to give LB, and kept calling out his name. He put up his hand up in a not now way. Eventually they pushed the roses on stage. CM later picked them up & moved them behind her keys or maybe handed them off.
-I was between LBs monitors - next to a floor speaker but managed a guitar strum. Fun.
-No autographs signed, despite a few trying
-I was thrilled when the crowd finally got up to the stage. Fantastic to see LBs face when he spotted Elle!
-Lovely to meet Elle and so many others & chat afterwards. Thanks for a wonderful night.

They get more and more cute with each show. Who needs a FM tour (even though I'd love to see them) when you have BM cuteness?

Thanks for the great review!
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 11-04-2017, 03:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
They get more and more cute with each show. Who needs a FM tour (even though I'd love to see them) when you have BM cuteness?

Thanks for the great review!
Exactly!! I'll take all the BM we can get. I'll admit I'd like to see John again, as he's at the top of my list, but I love the BM energy, new material, and smaller venues. This show was truly outstanding.

For whatever reason, I've had Trouble on my mind ALL DAY today. It's not usually in my go-to choices but today I can't shake it!
Old 11-04-2017, 07:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Exactly!! I'll take all the BM we can get. I'll admit I'd like to see John again, as he's at the top of my list, but I love the BM energy, new material, and smaller venues. This show was truly outstanding.

For whatever reason, I've had Trouble on my mind ALL DAY today. It's not usually in my go-to choices but today I can't shake it!
I'd love to see the whole band together again, but if they're not comfortable around each other anymore, then I'm afraid it's gonna be the tour from hell. And I don't want that.

I love Trouble. And Shut Us Down. And I'm happy with the setlist.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 11-04-2017, 11:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I still don't see where's his big crime.

I'm sure Lindsey couldn't go on with the show knowing Stevie was mad at him.
I"m guessing that Stevie didn't get the car honk reference and thought he was just making a noise to hint to her to wrap it up. He was clearly joking.
Old 11-05-2017, 01:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I still don't see where's his big crime.

I'm sure Lindsey couldn't go on with the show knowing Stevie was mad at him.
Well, he AIN'T the boss. CM ain't the boss. JM ain't the boss. MF ain't even the MF boss.

We all know who THINKS they know who the MF boss is...

I hope and pray that they just keep on doing BuckVie for the rest of their days. What a happy ending to their saga it would be...and that John and Mick would join them, and the four could ride off into the sunset.
Old 11-05-2017, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
they turned the tables - much better, she's so cute!

"still way shorter than some other people we know!"

That's amazing!!! I could watch that OVER AND OVER..
Old 11-05-2017, 12:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Too Far Gone

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-05-2017, 01:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
I"m guessing that Stevie didn't get the car honk reference and thought he was just making a noise to hint to her to wrap it up. He was clearly joking.
No the car honk was as she was drifting and telling the story how their car broke down in 1973 while on tour with CCR. It was clever but it upset Stevie. Lindsey was making sound effects during the story. It probably was a passive/aggressive way to say shut up and lets play.
Old 11-05-2017, 01:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hold Me with intro, Chris talking about Hold Me as an example of BuckVie doing duets for 35-40 years now

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-05-2017, 01:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Tusk

Old 11-05-2017, 01:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

intro to LIHTS / Red Sun -

Old 11-05-2017, 01:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Final bows -

Old 11-05-2017, 02:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking

GYOW bat action -

(screencap from )

Old 11-05-2017, 04:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
Final bows -

Thanks for the videos, Elle!

They put a smile on my face. They look so happy I hope this never ends.

Last edited by button-lip; 11-05-2017 at 07:49 PM..
Old 11-06-2017, 09:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Apols for typos etc as I'm on my phone & still caffeinating. If you're on Elle's FB page you'll see this posted under my full/real name. Highlights for me:

-Security were brilliant, gave us front row wristbands & said we could stand, sit, do as please but save a spot at the stage, if desired, as they'd let others up at the end.
-we were next to a fun couple who decided to stand as did I, but not many did. At the start of Hold Me I turned & tried to get people up...not much luck. My husband said a lady by him asked people not to stand. He stood, sat, alternated.
-LB winding C up was the best, forcing her to make the speech they were having a complete sibling moment. I love the banter.
-CM sounded amazing. I'm thrilled the karaoke is toned down. She's definitely singing, doesn't pretend to play when she's not as she acknowledges Brett.
-A maraca wave & eye contact from CM is a thrill. To me she remains the Queen of all things: talented, fun, beautiful, and most of all she's clearly happy. I've said it before, but it's a joy to see after how over it she looked back in 97.
-she flubbed a line on YMLF and gave LB an 'oh well' look. Sweet. She doesn't seem to use her prompter but a tech adjusted it at one point.
-GYOW: she pretended to not have the bat& shrugged when LB waited for it, then she pulled it out. Loved it.
-an end front row couple came to the middle with white roses they tried to give LB, and kept calling out his name. He put up his hand up in a not now way. Eventually they pushed the roses on stage. CM later picked them up & moved them behind her keys or maybe handed them off.
-I was between LBs monitors - next to a floor speaker but managed a guitar strum. Fun.
-No autographs signed, despite a few trying
-I was thrilled when the crowd finally got up to the stage. Fantastic to see LBs face when he spotted Elle!
-Lovely to meet Elle and so many others & chat afterwards. Thanks for a wonderful night.

I want to hear more about this!!

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 11-06-2017 at 09:31 PM..