Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-04-2017, 10:03 PM
Ledgie

Default Strange Places

So, we talked about hearing Fleetwood Mac in unexpected places in the unexpected Fleetwood Mac thread. I decided to start a new one and discuss the strangest places we ever found any Fleetwood Mac related memorabilia.

My vote would be for finding a copy of "Shakin' The Cage" by Mick Fleetwood's The Zoo in the CD bargain bin of my local Pottery Barn. I was just digging around and saw the cover and thought, "What the..." the rest is history.
Old 04-04-2017, 10:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I saw a gatefold copy of Buckingham Nicks that was in very good condition for $4 at Half Price Books. Needless to say, I snatched it up.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 04-05-2017, 02:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Needless to say, I snatched it up.
I thought you would end the post by saying you didn't buy it and I was going to scream in agony.

It was in good condition too. That's a find!

Michele
Old 04-05-2017, 04:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I went to Camden Market in London a few months ago and I turned a corner and facing me was a vinyl clock on the wall. I thought "Hmm, that's quite quirky" and then I saw what the vinyl was, 'Fleetwood Mac - Behind the Mask'.

I suppose it's not that weird but it was the only one I saw and it just happened to be by them.
Old 04-05-2017, 05:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

There used to be this great thrift store on Miami Beach. They had a pile of old cassette tapes for $1.00. Most of the stuff was artists I never heard. Sure enough there was a Stevie Rock A Little tape. I no longer had my vinyl copy and it was the only Stevie album I never upgraded to CD in my collection. I thought hard about buying it but I passed.
Old 04-05-2017, 08:02 AM
Ledgie

These are cool stories. I remembered that I saw a copy of "Buckingham Nicks" at a thrift store near me for like 8 dollars. I didn't buy it though.

You didn't believe me did you? You know I bought it! When I took it to the clerk he looked at it and said-"I don't think I know them." So, I told them they were from Fleetwood Mac (leaving out the detail that the album can go for up to 60 dollars) and when I finished he had a look that said "Dang, I could've charged more for that.
Old 04-05-2017, 10:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

There was a second hand store in Nashville, and the owner had a framed Tango poster, that had been signed by Mick, Rick, and Billy(even though Rick and Billy weren't in it, Lindsey was).

I can't remember what he wanted for it, but it seems like it was $100, which I thought was way too much. Seems like I offered him like $40 or $50, every time I'd go into his store(every couple of months). He wouldn't come off his price, though. One day I went to stop there, and he'd gone out of business. He was pretty old, so it's quite possible that he passed away....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg nFMposterLedgeSz.jpg (94.7 KB, 6 views)
Old 04-05-2017, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
There was a second hand store in Nashville, and the owner had a framed Tango poster, that had been signed by Mick, Rick, and Billy(even though Rick and Billy weren't in it, Lindsey was).

I can't remember what he wanted for it, but it seems like it was $100, which I thought was way too much. Seems like I offered him like $40 or $50, every time I'd go into his store(every couple of months). He wouldn't come off his price, though. One day I went to stop there, and he'd gone out of business. He was pretty old, so it's quite possible that he passed away....
What a nice find!
Old 04-05-2017, 11:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
What a nice find!
But I was too cheap to pay his price, though!