User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-02-2017, 10:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
But now Stevie is older and she think there's no point since it won't sell and she only wants to do things that are fun.
I also thought that was the reason behind her decision. She never said she didn't want to work with Lindsey again. I think that at this point in her life, if that was the real reason, she would have said it.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 04-02-2017, 10:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
wait why would Stacy text people from Richard's phone? like, do Mick and Lindsey think they are talking to Richard?
I think she meant like she typed out a text for him, maybe because she probably has faster fingers.
Old 04-02-2017, 10:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
I also thought that was the reason behind her decision. She never said she didn't want to work with Lindsey again. I think that at this point in her life, if that was the real reason, she would have said it.
Well Lindsey's antics are probably a big chunk of why she doesn't think it's fun but I agree. I think she also just wants to be in charge, which I kind of get.
Old 04-02-2017, 10:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well Lindsey's antics are probably a big chunk of why she doesn't think it's fun but I agree. I think she also just wants to be in charge, which I kind of get.
She should have said it then, which is perfectly fine by me too, instead of all this "records don't sale" nonsense, when she's clearly planning on releasing a DVD of her tour, or that "albums take a year to record".
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 04-02-2017, 10:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Very informational article. I wish there was more info on the band through this period.
Old 04-02-2017, 11:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
She should have said it then, which is perfectly fine by me too, instead of all this "records don't sale" nonsense, when she's clearly planning on releasing a DVD of her tour, or that "albums take a year to record".
Well she did kind of, she said getting back in the studio is hard. And I think someone (HomerMcVie?) said it would be a PBS Special not a DVD. I really do think sales are a part of it. I remember she expressed disappointed that IYD did not sell as well as she would have hoped. And she's talked constantly for the past several years about how the music industry is dead.
Old 04-02-2017, 11:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well she did kind of, she said getting back in the studio is hard. And I think someone (HomerMcVie?) said it would be a PBS Special not a DVD. I really do think sales are a part of it. I remember she expressed disappointed that IYD did not sell as well as she would have hoped. And she's talked constantly for the past several years about how the music industry is dead.
My friends that saw her in Indy last week, that's what they said, that it was being filmed for PBS.
Old 04-02-2017, 11:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
My friends that saw her in Indy last week, that's what they said, that it was being filmed for PBS.
apparently filming crew at the shows said they'll be shopping it around and are unsure whether it will be PBS, MTV, HBO or whoever will end up buying it. it was very similar with the Small Machine taping, and it came out on DVD, Blu-ray and kept being aired on MTV Live.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-02-2017, 11:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
apparently filming crew at the shows said they'll be shopping it around and are unsure whether it will be PBS, MTV, HBO or whoever will end up buying it. it was very similar with the Small Machine taping, and it came out on DVD, Blu-ray and kept being aired on MTV Live.
My friend said(as I understood) that they heard "for PBS".

Maybe the speaker's wife was having a bad day...
Old 04-03-2017, 05:54 AM

It's an interesting article, I'm happy to hear about Richard, but I'm slightly surprised that he didn't ever hear from Lindsey these last years.
Old 04-03-2017, 06:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
It's an interesting article, I'm happy to hear about Richard, but I'm slightly surprised that he didn't ever hear from Lindsey these last years.
From what Ken said in an interview last year, they weren't on speaking terms with anyone in the band. I think he recently reconnected with Stevie and he seemed genuinely happy, but it seems a bit more difficult with the rest of the band.
Old 04-03-2017, 07:10 AM

Quote:
From what Ken said in an interview last year, they weren't on speaking terms with anyone in the band. I think he recently reconnected with Stevie and he seemed genuinely happy, but it seems a bit more difficult with the rest of the band.
Richard sometime during his first blog said he was messaging with Mick and went to their Vegas show and rehearsals. I remember then that something happened when the reissue of Rumours was about to be published because Stacie put on her social that Lindsey Buckigham was a bastard or something to that extent.
Old 04-03-2017, 08:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
from what was around mostly on social media, band doesn't seem to have much (or any) contact with Ken in the recent years. although all past associates got comped and invited to an after party at one of their Forum shows.

after the discussions above, it's hard to say whether it was Richard or Stacy posing as Richard that has been in touch a lot with Mick and Lindsey via texting in the last couple of years.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-03-2017, 01:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Stacy said Ken made it out to seem that Richard had a big fall out with the band which isn't true and she even posted a picture of Richard with all his gold records and Grammy to show what Ken said about Richard selling them wasn't true.

I don't think Ken has major sour grapes, his tumblr from 2015 is nice to the band, he just seemed to be saying mostly that all the old people get pushed out of the circle.

I doubt Stevie talked to Ken much in recent years. She majorly slandered him in one of her Q&A interview things about his book.

Last edited by dreamsunwind; 04-03-2017 at 01:27 PM..
Old 04-03-2017, 01:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
Richard sometime during his first blog said he was messaging with Mick and went to their Vegas show and rehearsals. I remember then that something happened when the reissue of Rumours was about to be published because Stacie put on her social that Lindsey Buckigham was a bastard or something to that extent.
That was in 2014, she was mad because Lindsey talked a lot about production in an interview but he didn't mention Richard. I guess she got over it though because she said nicer stuff later on and mentioned their texts.