The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-24-2017, 11:03 AM

Default After 12 plus years. Excited to hear Christine McVie

Christine's return to Fleetwood Mac has produced music that I never thought would come to a reality. We last heard from her in 2004 and I thought we might never hear from her again. I was convinced she was never coming back and it broke my heart in a way because she is so loved and so important to this band.

Her return caused them to tour another 2 years after they just had a tour in 2013. Demand for FMac soared and she even said, "It wasn't about me, it was about the 5 of us being together again. Talk about royalty and class.

We are now getting our first Fleetwood Mac proper duet album. Something I've always wanted from them but never dreamed would happen.

We are getting a small intimate tour with two of the main writers w/ new material. And.... they are co-writes.

We get Mick and John as guests on the album.

We get a possible Lindsey solo album and/or box set.
We get a possible Christine blues solo album.
we get a possible Farewell tour with ticket prices soaring into the impossible.

I'm enjoying the anticipation. Somebody.. Hold Me...
Old 03-24-2017, 11:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Christine's return to Fleetwood Mac has produced music that I never thought would come to a reality. We last heard from her in 2004 and I thought we might never hear from her again. I was convinced she was never coming back and it broke my heart in a way because she is so loved and so important to this band.

Her return caused them to tour another 2 years after they just had a tour in 2013. Demand for FMac soared and she even said, "It wasn't about me, it was about the 5 of us being together again. Talk about royalty and class.

We are now getting our first Fleetwood Mac proper duet album. Something I've always wanted from them but never dreamed would happen.

We are getting a small intimate tour with two of the main writers w/ new material. And.... they are co-writes.

we get a possible Farewell tour with ticket prices soaring into the impossible.

I'm enjoying the anticipation. Somebody.. Hold Me...
.......as long as you have a...Hold on Me.
Old 03-24-2017, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
.......as long as you have a...Hold on Me.
who's dreamin this dream eh??? that's right!! YOU ARE!
Old 03-24-2017, 05:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

it's unbelievable!!

i was just thinking today - fans who are in Seattle area or planning to travel to that first announced concert actually have. tickets. to see Buckingham + McVie. in intimate venue. for less than $100! this is not a drill!! it's actually happening!!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-25-2017, 09:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
This is something I have been longing for ever since I read the interview with Christine in 'Contemporary Keyboard' magazine in 1980. The last line in that interview was:

Quote:
At heart, I still like to play the blues more than anything else.
She could record with the Mick Fleetwood Blues Band. I think it's a musical match made in blues heaven.
Old 03-25-2017, 01:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

This is quite an exciting time for any Fleetwood Mac fan. I was surprised and disappointed that Stevie did not want to join the band for an album. But her decision has quite unexpected and exciting consequences. The Buck/McVie album and tour. I still have a hard time believing that we can hear Christine sing in small theaters. Hearing her sing again with "On With The Show" just made me want more. I was hoping the band would give Christine 2 more songs on the tour since she was away for so long. But that did not happen. Its incredible and unbelievable that we may hear a few songs from her 1984 solo album and maybe something from "in the meantime" along with new material with Lindsey. I am sure they will do "Hold Me" too.
This is an amazing time to be a Fleetwood Mac fan:

Stevie Nicks is on a solo tour
Christine and Lindsey are releasing a duet album
Christine and Lindsey will do small venue shows
Fleetwood Mac is doing summer concerts on the coasts
Fleetwood Mac will gear up for a huge farewell tour next year

I mean really. In your wildest dreams could you ever imagine any of this stuff happening all in about one year.
Old 03-25-2017, 02:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I thought it was supposed to be a full fledged Fleetwood Mac album until they finally accepted Stevie Nicks wasn't going to contribute to the album, so now John and Mick have been reduced to guest stars in their own band?

Wow.
Old 03-25-2017, 02:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I thought it was supposed to be a full fledged Fleetwood Mac album until they finally accepted Stevie Nicks wasn't going to contribute to the album, so now John and Mick have been reduced to guest stars in their own band?

Wow.
I'm pretty sure it was supposed to be a full blown FM album until they accepted Stevie wasn't going to join so when they decided to do something different and make it a different type of project, Mick and John as the rhythm section were guest appearances. They're not being reduced to anything since it's being made clear that they are regarding this as something separate from Fleetwood Mac.
Old 03-25-2017, 02:28 PM

Quote:

Wow.
Well, it's a duet album. So anybody else on it would be a guest. Duet means 2.
Old 03-25-2017, 02:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well, it's a duet album. So anybody else on it would be a guest. Duet means 2.
Yes it does. Of course, it could be an album of duets and still be a FM album.

Or do you really think John and Mick signed on to do this album as 'guests' only?
Old 03-25-2017, 02:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs down

Quote:
Yes it does. Of course, it could be an album of duets and still be a FM album.

Or do you really think John and Mick signed on to do this album as 'guests' only?
do you really think we can't see what you are doing?

you said few days ago that you can't resist baiting people into arguing, by saying nasty things about band members other than Nicks.

and today you've been trying to first create threads and [when nobody cared to bite there] now you are going from existing BuckVie thread to thread posting different wording of the same proposition that is so ridiculous that i don't think even you can believe it.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-25-2017, 03:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Not calling the project Fleetwood Mac and touring without Mick and John might simply be a matter of Mick and John not wanting to put up their own money into recording or touring since it's not going to be the full classic lineup.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 03-25-2017, 05:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

The entire band is walking on eggshells not to piss off Stevie. Mick and John could never be and would never be "reduced" to guests. They made a point NOT to call it Fleetwood Mac. By doing so gave both Lindsey and Christine more freedom than ever. John just recovered from cancer treatment. I am sure he would prefer to rest before a huge world tour. I suspect both John and Mick prefer to give both Stevie and Christine and Lindsey their space. If they had joined to duo for the entire project it would have to be called Fleetwood Mac.
Don't be a hater because Christine and Lindsey love making new music together with any member of Fleetwood Mac that cares to join them. Stevie is out recycling old songs that sound much better in their original form. All the beautiful worlds was perfect and re-recording it just took all the magic from the original song IMHO.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 03-25-2017 at 05:24 PM..
Old 03-25-2017, 06:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I felt the same way when another band I like recently squeezed out a member and replaced her with another person so they could split the tour profits 4 ways instead of 5. It sounds like the same thing is happening here, but I'm definitely willing to suspend judgement until more info comes out. I hope I'm wrong, because I hate to think they would do something like this.

Elle, I'm not trying to tick anyone off here. But if I'm right, it's nasty, in my opinion. Maybe you think that sort of thing is business as usual, and that's your opinion. One thing about these 5 folks has always been that sense of loyalty between them. When Lindsey left, he still played on one of Christine's songs on Behind the Mask. When Lindsey taped his solo tour, Stevie joined him. On Stevie's solo tour, Mick was seen in the audience, despite the fact she didn't record with them. Lindsey reached out to Mick, despite what Mick wrote in his memoir about him, and asked him to work on his album. But if John and Mick played on every song on this new album, then I will be seriously PO'ed at Lindsey and Christine. On the other hand, if they really did only 'guest' on a few songs, then I will be very relieved.
Old 03-25-2017, 06:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Elle, I'm not trying to tick anyone off here. But if I'm right, it's nasty, in my opinion. Maybe you think that sort of thing is business as usual, and that's your opinion.
ok you succeeded to make me respond. yes - you seem to be trying to tick people off, otherwise you would actually read their responses instead of insisting on re-asking the same question.

everyone is telling you - you are wrong, so why do you not answer to what they are saying, but instead keep restating your original claim?

you base your question on the assumption that the album is coming out under the name Fleetwood Mac, and that the band that's touring this summer is called Fleetwood Mac. it is not.

case closed.

if they were called Fleetwood Mac, Mick and John would be touring with them. the venues would be much larger and the tickets would be much more expensive.